Help my girlfriend's fire damage.

Hey guys, I pretty much only stab things so I have no idea how to help her... Linked below is a bunch of wipes on mythic Maidens and I was wondering if you mage experts could go through and see if anything is glaringly obvious that she is doing wrong? Her toon's name is Allurimystic.

The only thing I can think of is she is doing something wrong in getting ignite stacks high. She seems to be pretty close to the others in everything but Combustion.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qCBZYVWrRLxNzcpv
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imystic/simple

Thanks a lot!

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Don't have time to read into the logs really right now but I can tell you at a glance she is running not nearly enough mastery to do well on AoE fights/high combustions (and this is probably the majority of the difference between her and the other two in regards to combustion and her damage in general). Tell her to way her arcane gear assuming she has a mastery set for it which I assume she does at that progression level.

Now don't get me wrong there probably is a skill difference there as well (and room to improve on her part) but as I said I don't have time to look atm.

Deleted
    dont have time right now to look into it in details BUT shes gambling in the opener for 2fireballs in a row crits to have 2Ib´s ready,and honestly that fucks her over 6/10 Pulls.
    if she would just do the normal opener using one infernoblast after her first crit it would be much much less rng

--> Pyro(precast,we assumen crit here)-->Fireball+Ib-->Lb--->Fireball+Pyro-->Fireball+Pyro-->Pyro"spam" with that opener she wont have those really really garbage openers where shes hardcasting 3-5 fireballs in a row AND she will always have 2 Ib´s rdy when she finished building her ignite(putting Lb on after using infernoblast and using 2 fireball+pyro "streaks" make enough time to get the second ib charge ready)

edit: she can improve her ingite uptimes on the cleavetargets aswell with 2 Ibs charges you can "cheat" in alot more ignite ticks with good timing/management,for example theres trys where she has about 670ticks and your mother mage is at 740~ AND the other 2mages have way higher average ignite ticks (6k vs 10k)
    dont know if its because of masterylevels as mentioned above or if shes just not building proper ignites outside of combustion to spread(never cap ib charges but the old pyrocamping can be a pretty nice dps push if youre not gonna cap on Ib´s,are able to build a nice ignite and spread it)
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2015-06-07 at 10:52 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    just as a pretty good start... her combusts, in general, are completely garbage. she should be double IB'ing ignite going into as many combusts as she can, and it doesn't look like she is. she should be chaining pyro's so you don't have to use IB, then finish with (hopefully) two pyros, double IB and then combust. with a little bit of luck it's possible to see some pretty strong ignites mid-fight.

you should ask her how she sets up for combusts. without doing any math I would think fixing this would give her a solid 15-20k DPS, on top of fixing any other issues she's having with her rotation. her average ignite is low, she's completely missing combusts or holding off for way too long, her fireball casts are low, her pyroblast casts are low.

seems like she just isn't very comfortable with the spec?

Does she have Oregorger trinket? Doing the Pryo pre cast to get double trinket proc with that one makes a massive difference to your RNG on the opener. It's 20 seconds of +20% crit with your int pot up the same duration. That can easily give you a good opener everytime even with subpar RNG.

My opener on Maidens :

Precast Pyro
    LB + Instant IB (it's even better if your first pyro didn't crit so you can't proc T17 4P for nothing)
    Fireball until you have HU + PY! procs
    Fireball + instant spam Pyroblast until you run out of procs
    Double IB, Combustion on secondary target, IB again.

Also, ditch the Crit enchants. Crit is for single target, and you don't play Fire on single target (unless you have insane gear, at which Mastery is still better anyways)

PS : I'm kinda baffled that you have to come here to get tips for your Mage, considering that you already have 2 in your raid, that are correctly enchanted and know how to do the double IB trick. Communication issue ?

That double IB trick is toast very soon. Looks to me her biggest issue is setting up a good combust.

What I see is she did one less combust than the other two mages, think it was because turrets were up and she was focused in on them. Tell her to take 10-15 seconds and set it up on bosses during turrets.

Ditch those crit enchants, I tried mixed, crit, and mastery enchant/gemmed. Mastery won every time currently for larger combustions.

Get her haste up to somewhere between 850-900 rating, it allows you to get 3 crit pyro's out whenever 4pc procs. When that happens and combust is up or comes off cool just as last one hits, easy to get a 15-20k combust rolling.

She has 3 crafted items open (she may have other gear that would work she uses for arcane). Of the 685 items, craft Hexweave Belt of the Peerless and replace belt.

It also sucks she has no gem sockets, I had that issue for a while.

It might even be worthwhile swapping back to a 685 piece if it helps bump her mastery or haste.

At her haste levels, not sure double IB will work except under Heroism.

Thanks a lot everyone! It looks like adding some Mastery/haste and reducing some crit should help out a bit. I appreciate all the opener and when to combust tips, we'll definitely try them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    PS : I'm kinda baffled that you have to come here to get tips for your Mage, considering that you already have 2 in your raid, that are correctly enchanted and know how to do the double IB trick. Communication issue ?
    We just joined this guild and have to take a week off from raiding due to travel so I wanted to try to figure out some issues before we get back into it.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Deleted
    dont forget to train basic rotations again honestly,the ignite things i pointed ount (lesser ticks,and lesser avg ticks are more than 2.5m damage over the longer trys which is where she can improve alot aswell)

Don't bother crafting a Hexweave belt... Seeking Ember Girdle from Darmac is better especially if you can get the Mythic one.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-06-09 at 09:01 AM.