Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Kilee I got a question...
    In your haste/mastery videos I noticed you actually get better results with mastery (about 6k dps higher, with mastery fight 2.25min long and haste about 2.10 both under bloodlust and ring). Were the results in these 2 videos just random or those are usually the numbers you get? During my tries, I'm gettin about 2-3k higher dps with mastery (using flask/food/rune but no ring and bloodlust) on a 3.40 minute fight.
    I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing the rotation right... do you think the results I'm gettin are about right? With bloodlust and ring I would gain more with mastery so I guess the difference would end up being higher than 2-3k I get and closer to what you get.

Now I have finally started using CoP to beat mythic Archimonde, yes that means I was using AS since it became viable in later the tier prior.

I talked to the other spriest in my guild and he had mentioned something called Insanity Spam. Now I don't know if I am doing more dps with this, then again I don't even know if I am doing more dps by using CoP, by making sure I am using my 3 orbs as soon as I get them. I can't seem to find anything about it. Have any of you other folks heard of this?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure of insanity spam, but you definitely don't want to spend orbs straight away. That's what 5 orb slots are for, to bank them and use them at the best time.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Kilee I got a question...
    In your haste/mastery videos I noticed you actually get better results with mastery (about 6k dps higher, with mastery fight 2.25min long and haste about 2.10 both under bloodlust and ring). Were the results in these 2 videos just random or those are usually the numbers you get? During my tries, I'm gettin about 2-3k higher dps with mastery (using flask/food/rune but no ring and bloodlust) on a 3.40 minute fight.
    I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing the rotation right... do you think the results I'm gettin are about right? With bloodlust and ring I would gain more with mastery so I guess the difference would end up being higher than 2-3k I get and closer to what you get.
    I did the haste video right after the mastery one, and my trinkets had not reset, so DSI didn't have as much uptime. So yeah the 6k is a bit of an exaggeration. I noticed it after I made the videos, but I was too lazy to sit around waiting for the trinkets to reset.

But anyway.... at the point where I'm at right now, my mastery set is significantly better than my haste set. I have a mythic RoW, and I've dumped all of my gem slots and gear bids into mastery gear. My haste set is stuck at whatever point I flipped over to mastery, so it's lagging a bit behind at this point.

AND.... mastery is better when using bloodlust at the start like that. I would've needed to go on for about 5 mins in each scenerio, with a fresh trinket, in order for the DPS to even back out.

So yeah, your observations that mastery is about 2-3k ahead.. probably about right, depending on your gear levels and what you are wearing. The thing is after Heroic archi, mastery starts slowly pulling ahead of the haste build in single target. This is due to scaling with RoW. Without blood lust, mastery can't beat haste, but you're going to have blood lust at some point in every fight, so that's a non issue. If you are switching targets a lot, or still chewing some mega-glass, haste will still do better too, but there's this threshold where if you're chewing that much glass... you've got some problems in your raid that no single person can fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Now I have finally started using CoP to beat mythic Archimonde, yes that means I was using AS since it became viable in later the tier prior.

I talked to the other spriest in my guild and he had mentioned something called Insanity Spam. Now I don't know if I am doing more dps with this, then again I don't even know if I am doing more dps by using CoP, by making sure I am using my 3 orbs as soon as I get them. I can't seem to find anything about it. Have any of you other folks heard of this?
    If you are using the haste build, you generally spend orbs after you get 3, but after a single MS....

It's possible to chain Insanity for 8 GCDs if you delay Mind Blast, but I don't think that's a good idea... that works with other specs though because Mind Blast has a longer CD. (What I mean is that it's actually a DPS increase when using RoW + AS or VE, to let dots fall off and get the maximum Insanity channel between Mind Blasts.... but those specs are so much lower than RoW that it doesn't matter anyway...)

So yeah. Basically I got no clue what "Insanity Spam" could mean. Your other spriest either doesn't know what they are talking about, or they've coined a strange phrase for something common that everyone does. I'd ignore it if I were you.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    If you are using the haste build, you generally spend orbs after you get 3, but after a single MS....

It's possible to chain Insanity for 8 GCDs if you delay Mind Blast, but I don't think that's a good idea... that works with other specs though because Mind Blast has a longer CD. (What I mean is that it's actually a DPS increase when using RoW + AS or VE, to let dots fall off and get the maximum Insanity channel between Mind Blasts.... but those specs are so much lower than RoW that it doesn't matter anyway...)

So yeah. Basically I got no clue what "Insanity Spam" could mean. Your other spriest either doesn't know what they are talking about, or they've coined a strange phrase for something common that everyone does. I'd ignore it if I were you.
    He described it as making sure you Insanity as much as possible, haste build using it. I only did it for two days, after just getting into CoP, and it did seem easier to keep up the class trinket, but then again I'm new to the whole thing and trying to get as used to it as I can. He mentioned it being the highest dps, but I couldn't see anything proving that, nor anything mentioning it.

There's a huge difference between "using insanity as much as possible, within the other constraints of your rotation (aka mind blast)" and "using insanity as much as possible (delaying mind blast to do so)"

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    There's a huge difference between "using insanity as much as possible, within the other constraints of your rotation (aka mind blast)" and "using insanity as much as possible (delaying mind blast to do so)"
    He explained you definitiely still want to Mind Blast as much as possible. I can't seem to find anything on it, especially if it does more damage, although again I don't know my damage anyways.

Per feedback and requests, I've updated the haste vs mastery chart to show different levels of gear with RoW, and to show the scaling effect that happens with different levels of the class trinket.

The relevent section of the guide has been updated.

Apologies for the delay in getting this up. Hoping this will be the last-ish update to this guide before legion. If I make a guide for legion, I will start another thread, so this one will remain as is.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-05-02 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Great work!

I have been following this guide for my spriest but I came across a problem. I don't see the rotation for someone who has the 2-piece bonus + repudiation of war + Insanity. Or is it there and I don't see it? Please help 'cause I can only do 42k DPS on a dummy with 711 ilvl (I don't have legendary ring). Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...soliice/simple

It's the same as the normal rotation with the 4pc. Having 4pc doesn't change anything rotation wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It's the same as the normal rotation with the 4pc. Having 4pc doesn't change anything rotation wise.
    What's the normal rotation? Or where is it in Kilee's guide? Is it the one under RoW under haste build since I have 40% haste buffed.

Use the section under Insanity -> Repudiation of War.

Use the section under Insanity -> Repudiation of War.
    Hmm, I am trying to follow that but shadowfiend is mentioned only once in the rotation. Where does it start repeating so I can cast shadowfiend again? Also, when it says 2 ticks or 3 ticks, do I do it like if it says 2 ticks then 3 ticks does it go like this: 1 2 1 2 3 or does it go like 1 2 3. I am confused about this. Also the same with GCD. Is it 1 GCD then + 1.5 GCD or is it 1.5 GCD in total?

Deleted
    You can insert shadowfiend on any mindspike in your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by actionhank View Post
    You can insert shadowfiend on any mindspike in your rotation.
    Ah ok. Thank you.

Thanks for answering. My work has picked up lately and it's hard to get back to a PC. As Actionhawk said, the rotations listed are just a framework that describes how the rotation works. You will have to obey the general priority rules when it comes to using things like Shadowfiend or Cascade, just inserting them when-ever the next Mind Spike would come up in the rotation. In some cases, you'll have to get a little creative.

Thanks for answering. My work has picked up lately and it's hard to get back to a PC. As Actionhawk said, the rotations listed are just a framework that describes how the rotation works. You will have to obey the general priority rules when it comes to using things like Shadowfiend or Cascade, just inserting them when-ever the next Mind Spike would come up in the rotation. In some cases, you'll have to get a little creative.
    Ahh. Where is the priority list? I might have missed it. Also, in that RoW section, it is said to not use SW: D or Cascade. But you are saying I can. I am confused. I know now that I am supposed to fit in the middle of 2 MBs, either Shadowfiend or MS and maybe Cascade and SW: D, if you say otherwise?

Watch the video in that section.

Watch the video in that section.
    That whole 2 minutes 33 seconds is the rotation I need to know? There seems like there is a repeat but then there's something different from the rotation in place after a spell.

Basically the rotation is like dotweaving but instead of it, it is like mind flay/insanity weaving.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2016-05-05 at 01:06 AM.