Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The video explains that quite a bit. It's worth the 2 minutes and 33 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    The video explains that quite a bit. It's worth the 2 minutes and 33 seconds.
    I found a bit of a pattern in how the rotation goes but it seems like there is none. It seems like a 2 min 33 sec rotation (that's a pretty long rotation). I don't know how the video explains anything to me? I know I am missing something here but I don't know what. I even wrote the spells out in the rotation and I'm trying to memorize it. Unless there is an easy way to do it .

I did do 55k DPS on a dummy though. Better than the 42k I did. And that's with ilvl 711. I did sim 63k DPS for my spriest from Simulationcraft as well.

EDIT:
    I think I am getting the pattern. I looked at the CDs of my spells and basically I need to substitute accordingly between mind spikes, like cascade and shadowfiend. I think this is it. And in the downtime, I do 3x mind spikes to tide me over until the CDs are up.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2016-05-05 at 02:49 AM.

Hello guys,
    Recently i ve begun scratching my shadow priest again, and i would like to get into him more in depth.
    I mostly do heroic pugs here and there, or some alt runs with the guild. Currently I m at 720 with ring and class trinket (2p t18, no 4p yet) and also I am playing mastery CoP.
    I am a bit confused on what to do on fights where there are adds either living for long or not, i.e on council what i do is to dot the off targets and focusing on main target, at killrog I honestly dont know what to do, and the class trinket buff drops all the time when I switch to adds, etc. Generally, when a fight has adds involved i tend to fuck up a bit or maybe more XD. Should i just focus on priority target? I used to play shadow priest a lot on cata, where i multidotted everything, but i guess times changed (as garrosh said).

P.S. I got the archimonde's hc waist (mastery/multi) should i replace the mythic boe with the hc one? (5 ilvl diff).

Ty in advance.

On Council, focus Dia the entire fight, put a pain up on Gurtogg when he hits 35% and keep it up, then do the same to Blademaster when he hits 35%. Save cascade when there's about 30s before Blademaster splits. If Dia is still high health, don't bother switching to the adds, unless the adds are wiping the raid (then switch, of course). If Dia is getting too low before the fight is over, start the fight on Blademaster Instead - or just do that always. Of course, if you get gurtogg's buff, switch to him.

On Kilrogg, the adds are priority. Don't worry about stacks. If you aren't going downstairs, your DPS is meaningless on the boss. Unglyph Mind Flay so that your Insanity/MF slows the adds. Glyph Mind Blast to chance rooting the adds on progression.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-05-23 at 01:46 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Thanx for replying Kilee.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking at my logs lately and it seems to suggest that I should only use Mind Spike and Mind Blast, only using mind flay to keep Mental Fatigue up.

Looks like anything else is a DPS loss, even ignoring DP, insanity and orbs. Keep DP for when you have to move when you don't have Mind Blast/Fiend up.

Am i looking at it wrong? (I know it doesn't really matter, but we started the progression race rather late and are on tyrant atm)

Hey Zungate,

I don't think that works, but I do know there's a theoretical threshold where it happens. I'm just not sure we can reach it with the gear that's available. I feel like I've already looked into it, but I'll try to look again this week sometime.

You still want to use DP for Insanity to avoid MF (you would need around 12k mastery depending on RoW version for MF to beat out the damage of DP alone, it is never better when considering Insanity aswell). You are correct regarding SWD though.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriv View Post
    You still want to use DP for Insanity to avoid MF (you would need around 12k mastery depending on RoW version for MF to beat out the damage of DP alone, it is never better when considering Insanity aswell). You are correct regarding SWD though.
    My thinking was that I'd just use 1 tick of MF every 9 seconds and spend the rest of the time spamming Mind Spike and Mind Blast. In my logs those are doing far more damage than Insanity (currently at 3800 mastery, so pretty far from BiS)

Well those logs show that even though you're not properly optimizing your insanity usage and missing gcds, it's still doing more damage than mind spike per time spent. It ticks twice per gcd so 69*2=138 compared to 119 for mind spike.

In such a case you wouldn't take insanity, but mindbender instead. I've not simmed Mindbender without using DP lately, but I'm pretty sure it's still a DPS decrease over the Insanity play style.

You should always be rocking the class trinket.

For demon fights you can use Voidsight trinket instead of DSI, however once you have at least a mythic DSI, it's no longer worth it, especially with a socket.

As for the different weights, AMR has it right, the extra multi strike is worth the loss of 100 int and some mastery.

Hi!!! First time poster, but long time reader of your guide and comments! I recently got the legendary ring, but noticed my damage with it is extremely low. Is there a certain rotation change or maybe something I may be doing wrong during the ring activation? I still mess up the rotation a bit, but any critiques would definitely help. I'll attach my armory and a recent WoL of mine!

EDIT: Will post the armory and WoL when it allows me to post links :~)

As annoying as it is, you will eventually need to start running out of the instance and farming orbs between wipes. The difference between a 5-orb pull and a 0-orb pull is pretty sad. During the fight try to build up to 5 orbs just before the ring comes off cd. Use a potion on the last ring of the fight whenever that is (it's different for every fight and guild).

Other than that, there's very little you can do. We don't have as good of ring hits as other classes. Also it doesn't start to really hit hard until you upgrade it. If you recently got it, then it's probably still at a low iLevel. You have to kill Archi for the upgrade tokens, or you can buy them from certain vendors for 1250 vp.

Ahh okay! Makes sense for sure, I will try to do the 5-orb for the ring. I've upgraded it a couple times, but still have a long way to go as well so i'll keep checking back. Thanks for the help! (Will try to post armory/logs when possible)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can post links if you do something like this:

i.imgur com/mdHSicH.jpg and let people add the dot themselves.

Oh, thank you! I went ahead and did that and posted an armory and a recent WoL :~)

http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/xVqG...pe=damage-done
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aramisu/simple

Fixed those for you - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-06-18 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaramisu View Post
    Oh, thank you! I went ahead and did that and posted an armory and a recent WoL :~)

http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/xVqG...pe=damage-done
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aramisu/simple

Fixed those for you - Djriff
    Taking a quick look at the tyrant log I can see some mistakes:
    - you didn't pre cast mind spike for free damage
    - you used int pot 6 seconds into the fight and lost part of your burst as well as the ability to use a second potion (big factor as to why your ring procs are 3x smaller than the other priest)
    - you're not optimising insanity by putting a filler in between mind blast and devouring plague
    - too much flaying in general

I have a problem with this rotation using insanity. I have 40.15% (3013 haste) haste, but I am finding myself when practicing the rotation on a target dummy after the 3-4th time getting 3 orbs, that I am unable to do the MB - MS/fiend - DP - Insanity portion of the rotation without the debuff falling off the target. Is this just a latency problem? I am getting 120ms home/ 75 ms world currently.