Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Halfway through and...TLDR
    I am not going to agree that it is his fault. The fault here lies with the vendor, which the youtuber should have consulted with and argued for money back or a legit key.

Him pointing the finger at Bethesda is rather stupid and in no way points out disadvantages of account bound games.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I am not going to agree that it is his fault. The fault here lies with the vendor, which the youtuber should have consulted with and argued for money back or a legit key.

Him pointing the finger at Bethesda is rather stupid and in no way points out disadvantages of account bound games.
    It does but doesn't when it comes to console games. Both PSN & XBL have a zero refund policy. So lets say you got Assassin's Creed Unity digital on one of those stores. Well the game runs like shit and is barely playable. You can't return it at all on ether platform.

At lease with hardcopys on used titles u can or on new you can trade them in at gamestop for $40. Hardcopys are consumer friendly and pure digital isn't just on the fact if the digital store close's your fucked. People praise Green Man Gaming for there DRM free games. But this rule applys to them as well. If they was to shutdown tomorrow the only games you would have is the ones you downloaded and thats it.

People like OP think the reason we get milked with DLC is because of hardcopys,used games,Pirating games..... But that are 100% wrong. We get milked with DLC and all because making games cost's way more now therefor they got to make money other ways. In a all digital future this will not change and games will cost the same if not more. So I rather own my games then not too.

Also another reason we get milked with DLC and all is because devs want money. They learned if they don't do this then they are leaving money on the table and thats just not good business.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-13 at 05:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

One other thing to be afraid of.
    When someone says "I have been gaming for 20 years blah blah" I lose any interest in what they have to say. Especially when it's a keyboard turning, clicking abilities nub.

He just sounds butt hurt, he says he bought it from a vendor, probably G2A, he later than says he bought it from Bethesda, so he is a butt hurt liar. He's also an idiot for buying the game for $50 from G2A. If he actually did buy it for that price, I doubt it, he sounds like a cheap tight ass liar.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-06-15 at 11:00 AM.

As I've been saying in the OP, we've known for a long time, from what Valve has been doing that consoles and PC are essentially merging: one service on the internet (Steam), game libraries on the internet, saves, and digital shops on the internet, cross-platform play, all of which works seamlessly regardless of device, whether it's played on PC or console (PC+Steam controller or Steam Machine).

But, with E3, we are getting an even clearer sense that this is the direction that Microsoft is also moving in, with all the Windows 10 games announced in their press conference. For example, Fable Legends, Gigantic and Sea of Thieves are coming to both Windows 10 and Xbox One, and between these platforms, games can share the same online service, saves, digital store, cross-platform play, and works seamlessly between a Windows 10 PC and Xbox One.

Some journalists also seems to be catching on to my point from the Microsoft side (no quotes needed from the Valve side, it's already reality there):
    Turning Xbox into a more virtual, device-agnostic platform based on streaming technology will appeal to Microsoft's blue-sky thinkers (some argue that this, or something like it, is what Xbox One was all about from the start, but the strategy was blocked by the U-turn on digital DRM). In a more grounded sense, vastly expanding the potential reach of Microsoft Game Studios' generally high-quality releases by putting them on a massive platform like Windows would please the bean-counters. In his PC Gamer interview, Spencer tells it about as straight as he ever does: "The charter of Microsoft Studios is to develop games that showcase the best of every Windows device. You can absolutely count on us to invest in games for the PC. While we want to break down the walls between platforms, we also know that certain games are optimized for certain devices."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ice-at-e3-2015
    With Phil Spencer at the head of Xbox, a plan to have Windows PCs once again communicate with the Xbox consoles, has been re-ignited. For game developers, this level of multi-platform integration should be pretty compelling. During an interview with PC Gamer, Xbox head Phil Spencer discusses what E3 observers can expect regarding Microsoft and PC gaming this year. When asked about what made the Xbox team extend their presence from the large E3 stage also to include the PC Gaming Show, Phil highlights the ability to communicate directly to PC gamers. “We’re proud to be involved in the first PC Gaming Show. E3 has traditionally been a console focused event, so it’s great that there is a forum to celebrate all that is going on in the community, and it’s an opportunity for us to speak directly to core PC gamers. In Windows gaming, we are part of an overall ecosystem, and it’s critical that we understand and recognize this.” Phil would also like to capitalize his time at this year’s PC Game Show to ‘kick-start’ better dialog between gaming fans and the company. Instead of separating Xbox and PC gaming into two distinct experiences, Phil would like gamers to see moving forward that when Microsoft speaks about the Xbox brand, it means gaming across all Windows 10 devices. Fortunately, for players, Windows 10 will be running on PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One and HoloLens.

Phil also acknowledges that rebranding the concept of the Xbox from a singular console experience to more a concept of gaming, Microsoft is just at the beginning of its journey. Phil is optimistic, that as he watches more and more gamers utilizing other devices to play a game, Windows can naturally extend its gaming capabilities to meet players wherever they are. PC Gamer also hammered Phil about the poor reputation Microsoft has acquired over the years with PC gamers. Phil admits to the poor reputation but believes that the Xbox team in place now is fundamentally different than teams prior. “The key difference now is that the Xbox team is driving the Windows and console gaming efforts as one connected ecosystem. Games and gaming is front and center in our device and service strategy at Microsoft,” according to Phil. For the few remaining fans of Microsoft PC-exclusive games, Phil reassures players that they can expect to see more games soon. As part of Microsoft’s strategy to develop games that showcase the best of every Windows device now, the charter of Microsoft Studios is working to break down the walls between platforms. Perhaps the recent Age of Empires tower-defender style game or Halo Spartan Assault are evidence of how games will be developed and then optimized for the device.

During the interview, Phil is also asked about his views of the competition on PC and what is Xbox’s new role on the PC platform. Phil acknowledging that when Windows 10 is released, there will be a unified Windows Store, and Microsoft as a company would like to make sure their first-party franchises are well assorted. However, “At the end of the day, we want to be the best at giving gamers their greatest gaming experiences as a platform, publisher or retailer,” he said.

As of now, Windows is the most popular platform for PC gamers and among the most popular for games as well. Phil would like extend Windows 10’s new gamer-centric features to players as a way to help foster more development of the community. Gamers on the Windows 10 platform will now have access to built-in Game DVR for nearly any game, Direct X 12 capabilities that include cross-device multiplayer gameplay and performance increases. In addition, players will also benefit from unified accounts within games across platforms, as well as game streaming thanks to the new Xbox App. Phil sums up his efforts as, “the result would be that gamers will feel like the best games in the world come to Windows, are easily acquired, have consistent and reliable online services and that studios and publishers feel like they can build and grow a healthy business on Windows.”

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/phil-spe...-e3-conference
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2015-06-16 at 09:49 AM.

"We're trying to create a common set of tools and technologies that game developers can use to get to all the screens. We're seeing the benefit now on Xbox One of that bringing more games in - in our video, we said if you're going to develop for Windows why wouldn't you develop for Xbox One, it's basically a checkbox in the compiler. I think it's all about the games, and in the end you've got to have great content, and that's how I look at it."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-the-xbox-one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So when is Halo 5 or Gears going to come to PC parallel?

Windows 10 will be on Xbox One before either is out. Surely it's just a checkbox and MS wants to unify the platforms right?

Oh wait, you actually believe the smoke MS is blowing out your ass
    What a coincidence.

From E3 we learned that Gears of War is coming to PC, and that Gears 4 is probably coming to PC.

Maybe they weren't "blowing smoke up my ass" after all, and PC and console are merging due to Windows 10.

In fact, we've now learned that most of the games showed at E3 Xbox conference are also coming to Windows 10.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that it's basically a checkbox in the compiler now?
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2015-06-19 at 09:31 AM.

Phil Spencer is obliterating the distinction between Xbox and PC, and he's just getting started.

Who knew?

It was obvious all along. With an online system like Steam or Xbox Live, as I've said, there won't be such a thing as "console gaming" or "PC gaming", they'll just merge into "gaming". The same online services deliver to any device, PC, console, tablet or anything.

Absolutely happy with the direction Microsoft is taking with this, I can't wait for keyboard/mouse support come October for Windows 10 where I'll stream any Xbox game to my PC and play with my K/B + Mouse! I already like playing Halo MCC on my PC as it is.