Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Worth it to come back to WoW for 6.2 pvp?

Is it worth it coming back to WoW for pvp in patch 6.2?
    I read alot of negativity and it seems that a few classes will dominate and burst others down in 3-5 seconds wachting the youtube ptr vids?

Deleted
    Dunno why people still consider WoW as a PvP option.

There's pvp in wow? Well if you want a choice on gear you have no choice on where you get it now for pvp Lols.

Deleted
    Nothing new really coming, unless you want to check out Ashran changes.
    I'm sitting pvp out for this xpac, will see what next one brings.
    Having fun in Heroes of the storm, so it's my pvp fix =))

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    If you like being forced to grind out Ashran and 3 RBG wins per week for RNG boxes, yeah come back.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0120585?page=1

You should rather go play heroes of the storm for PvP if You like to do it, and You sit in any of Blizzard's universum.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

No reason to come back unless you actually want to be frustrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha.

Is it worth coming back for 6.2, primarily for pvp? No. Not even remotely.

nothing really changes in 6.2 ... if you didn't enjoy 6.0 (6.1 wasn't really a patch that changed anything either) at all no point coming back for 6.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    You should rather go play heroes of the storm for PvP if You like to do it, and You sit in any of Blizzard's universum.
    Maybe this is a conspiracy theory but it almost seems like they screwed up pvp at exactly the right time for hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ^ I'm sure it helps to get people over to HotS and HS. That's what Blizz is hoping for, otherwise there's no other reason to fuck this up so badly except to drag out time-in-game.

I dunno, if you have the will to pay to play still, you should definitely go for it. After last season and reading the patch notes for 6.2, it's going to be the same crap fest in my opinion. I just can't continue to pay a company to play when they can't balance a game that's been out this long. I've cancelled over a month ago and I have been playing CS Go, DoTA, and LoL, they are pretty fun.

nope - rng gearing, ridiculous stat scaling, no significant balance tweeks.

But hey after 2 years they took a chunk out of the honorbuddy plague so theres that i guess.

Deleted
    If your not a raider i wouldnt waste time/money on wod at all, pvp is in probably the worst state ive ever seen it and nothing substantial is going to change next patch, if anything its getting worse thanks to RNG gear and forced trashran.

Ashran will change considerably, no more premades allowed so you are stuck with whoever you zone in with and you have to kill the boss every 5 events to get any conquest at all. Also a weekly for some CP and offpiece gear.

They are shaking up the spec balance damage wise, but CC wise next to nothing.

If you are interested in random BGs and you missed the honorbuddy banwave, you are missing out. BGs are noticeably different and better now. Probably won't last long though.

If you're just after gear there is Champion's Honor from a garrison mission on the PTR. It isn't BoP either so I guess it can be sold on the AH. Although that amount of conquest on it may not make it to live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    If you're just after gear there is Champion's Honor from a garrison mission on the PTR. It isn't BoP either so I guess it can be sold on the AH. Although that amount of conquest on it may not make it to live servers.
    It better not. Gear progression is easy enough as it is. Their is no "drive" beyond the gameplay to PvP anymore, rating requirements in arena are gone, the old honor system has been dead for years. The level of incentive is at all time low for those want to enjoy PvP. The longevity of PvP has taken a blow, and connecting it to Ashran was a big mistake.

In other words: 6.2 brings nothing of value to PvP. From a PvP perspective some of the class changes are also peculiar as they re-inforce already powerful specs and do almost nothing to improve weak specs.

If you want PvP there are F2P options and a large variety of games available and there's nothing really to bring you back if you thought it was bad as it was in 6.1 or prior.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    The conquest will most likely still be limited to your weekly cap, so really the item just saves you some arena wins of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The conquest will most likely still be limited to your weekly cap, so really the item just saves you some arena wins of the week.
    Yep, it's just odd that it isn't BoP or at least account bound though. Still have a few patch builds to go though I guess. These sorts of things can still change.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Is it worth it coming back to WoW for pvp in patch 6.2?
    I read alot of negativity and it seems that a few classes will dominate and burst others down in 3-5 seconds wachting the youtube ptr vids?
    no. pvp is still out of balance, hunters and ferals... oh my. totally not going to resub