Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Few concerns about the Rogue class (current, 6.2, beyond)

I've been playing a Rogue on and off recently (L100 with decent gear). I switched from Combat to Sub/Assa due to the former's Killing Spree mechanic being annoying and sometimes dangerous. However I have concerns about the class as a whole.

1) My Rogue seemed squishy recently. I know you have to get up-close to do your damage, and that we have a few survival CDs to save us. Even so, has anyone else found them to be a bit squishy lately?

2) Does anyone know how Rogues will be in Hellfire Citadel? I know it's not live yet, so a rough ball-park figure will do. I've seen some of the videos of the HFC bosses. Archimonde looks particularly troubling for a Rogue (my personal opinion).

3) Normal difficulty seems to the first raid mode released. How useful are Rogues in a raid in general? I'd not want to be knocked back, or else I'd have to resort to LFR (which would be fine if it wasn't on a staggered release schedule).

Deleted
    As long as the squishy goes, generally rogues are one of the toughest melees out there. If u run feint along with elusiveness, which i prefer over cheat death, you're quite tough in many situations. Cloak of shadows is nerfed in 6.2 but still very strong for most mechanics where magic is involved.

I've done some PTR testing and i mostly played around with assassination and as far i experienced it rogues were up to par with any class on ST type of fight. 1-2 rogues is commonly used in a raidsetup, this differs from guild to guild and fight to fight but. Since they shine when there is soak mechanics and some kinds of movement(shadowstep), i'd say rogues are quite useful and u need not worry :>

Deleted
    1) when it comes to being squishy we are far from it, as said before rogues are best melee for damage mitigation, we should normally always be bottom of damage taken chart depending on fight and role. If your feeling squishy is this due to personal skill level in defensive cd or healers
    2) as far as HFC we was looking good I haven't tested since the nerf, I don't see why we wouldn't be good for archimonde as by looks we would be combat and have good defensive
    3) there aren't that many rogues around nowadays and you see a lot of guilds looking for them, for progression we are really good due to how little damage we take and how much damage we can do, when comes to melee class we are probably the most chosen out of the very few melee taken to raid

Deleted
    1. Rogues by far are the toughest melee class arguably all classes. However our imitation is all active not passive. You need to manage your defensive by hitting feint/cloak. You should never have issues with that.

2. Rogues will be pretty decent. Still hard to to tell since the damage tuning passes havent been made by the Devs yet. But we are usually 1st or 2nd out of melee classes depending on the encounter.

3. Rogues are a very useful melee class. We can perform jobs that others cannot due to our kit. That being said as long as you perform well in terms of damage and fight mechanics you wont have any troubles justifying your spot in a raid group.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys. You've helped quell some reservations I had about pursuing play with the Rogue.

Walz, thanks for your talent-change suggestion. I'll give it a go and see how things play out.

Rogues have good survivability. Don't worry about that.

Problem with PVE in 6.2 is that tuning is being done by gear (i.e. by making PVE trinkets and tier bonuses massively strong), and not by tuning numbers. This is because of...you guessed it...PVP. In summary, get trinkets and tier and do high damage. Othewise, be low on meters.