Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I couldn't play this game for more than 20mins at a time, that game really sparked genuine fear in me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anytime I had to be remotely near a town or populated area in Asheron's Call for my first year on Darktide.

Genuinely scared - you die, you get looted. Period.

rip good games
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

flying as a passenger in a helicopter on bf3/4.

The first time I ran into a Fel Reaver in hellfire Penn it scared the shit out of me. I didn't see it coming. All I know is the ground started shaking and a huge noise and then I was dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    G.F.S. Valhalla and Xenoresearch Lab in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

I was 12, it was a weekend, and I was sitting in my pitch black room at midnight. I got to that scene in FF7 in the Sephiroth flashback where he admits he is going to start killing peeps and the music changes to that fast paced organ music. It was a little freaky. Never had the same effect after the first time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ocarina of time my first play through..... now that was scary! I was like 8 and the shadow temple and the grave yard and the forest temple

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I remember as a little kid my friends raid leader had the corrupted Ashrbinger, and didn't know that the thing whispered to you through your speakers.
    Apparently he jumped pretty high when that first started.
    I'm kinda glad I don't play a class that would've wielded Xal'atoh from Garrosh for that reason. A creepy monstrous axe that whispers things man was not meant to know to you...creepy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    exactly the same thing for me here! no matter how many toons I lvl'd back in pandaland, I always avoid that quest no matter what (reason is that I did it on my main and I thought "these abilities don't make me scared", end of the quest, get jumpscared by the fecking black screen!)

as for fusion, I will never play that game just because of that part
    I had no clue what I was getting in to when I first did that quest, so imagine my horror when the screen goes black and a horrifying shriek blasts my ears. Then suddenly my character is being strangled against my control with the words "DON'T DIE!" plastered on the screen. It's like something out of a creepypasta! O_O

Even though I've beaten the game several times, that damn chase sequence never gets any easier or any less scary. Regardless, it remains one of my favourite games of all time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ocarina of time my first play through..... now that was scary! I was like 8 and the shadow temple and the grave yard and the forest temple

This thing was definitely not E for everyone lol. Imagine if those Zelda games came out with today's graphics.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-06-08 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The forest temple music was creepy as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    For quite some time, I would load up System Shock 2 and then quit after seeing the first hybrid. The graphics were basic, but the sounds in that game were fantastic - coupled with the fragility of your character, hiding round a corner with only a wrench to hand. Bioshock was in a similar mould, but your character was tougher and more well resourced, so it ended up feeling more like a shooter than a survival game. And Bioshock's monsters had nothing on the cyber-midwives.

Vampire Masquerades Bloodlines had some scary moments: the early haunted house mission in particular. The sound of something heavy thumping round inside the laundry dryer after reading about the decapitated child. The glimpses of the axe murderer prowling in the basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot, the first time I got pirated in Eve Online. The adrenaline rush!
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meestercat View Post
    Oh I forgot, the first time I got pirated in Eve Online. The adrenaline rush!
    I had a roommate that was part of a raid that ended up costing people millions in real life money, as he claims.

I didn't think that was possible let alone have that big of an impact. I know absolutely nothing about Eve except when watching him play it looked like an excel spread sheet in Space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I had a roommate that was part of a raid that ended up costing people millions in real life money, as he claims.

I didn't think that was possible let alone have that big of an impact. I know absolutely nothing about Eve except when watching him play it looked like an excel spread sheet in Space.
    Ha, yeah the manufacturing and trade elements are basically that. But the rush of small gang PvP knowing that you'll lose your ship and everything equipped/in the hold if you lose the fight is unsurpassed. I had to go and sit down and smoke for 15 minutes until the shakes had died down.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Not me personally, but I do have a story.

College. My buddy is playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It's a pretty quiet section. There's a few of us in the room, and he's got this girl watching him play. He's passing by this lab with glass windows showing the experiments. He gets closer in game to show girl monstrous experiment and starts talking about it and BOOM experiment lunges right through the glass at him. Both he and the girl screamed and fall back. We laugh. RA was not as amused.

I was playing TSW the other night, headphones on, being chased around a parking garage by little Japanese ghost children that one shot you. I was drunk and it had me doing that nervous laugh thing each time I had to enter a new level.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2015-06-08 at 03:49 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    man, forgotten about those moment....

man, the memories and the nightmare fuel this thread brings lol

and to that who posted about the gfs Valhalla, thanks for reminding me of that, although I know how its made (Metroid games make you feel alone, that ship was made to be ominous)

and last I checked, dat shadow temple mini boss doe, fuck him, hell even the redeads (tp made them meh enemies that aren't creepy anymore as you can kill em with arrows) I also accidently deleted a file way back when I saw those things.... so yeh

Resident Evil 2, hallway, windows shatter and dogs burst in.

Or, enter hallway, short few steps and a turn, but before you do that right after entering you already hear the "click...click....click...hssssss"
    "Dammit...Lickers...low ammo." *equip shotgun, try not to cry a little, head in*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The forest temple music was creepy as fuck.
    wall masters

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The first Resident Evil on PS1.
    Walked down the blue-ish hallway immediately to the right of where you start, then two dogs jump through the windows.
    I made the mistake of playing it at night, so it was dimly lit in my room.
    It startled me to the point where I dropped my controller and was dropped to half health before I recovered and killed them.
    From that point on, I had a distrust for those games...

Oh man, how could I forget Eternal Darkness.

That was probably an age thing but that one messed with me.