Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things I want changed

- I want my flying back. There. I said it. I have yet to see any demonstrable benefit or actual payoff to such a huge loss of convenience, wish fulfillment and just plain fun.

- I want compelling faction reps with good story behind them. Motivate me to care. Develop a cool new mount model, stick six or eight variants on one vendor. Give us tabards, dailies, turn-ins and/or dungeon rep rewards along with grindable mobs. Bring XP per mob kill back somewhere into the sane range and get away from the Shao Hao insanity.

- Enough with sprinkling recolors of the same five mounts around in WoD. Fuck this is lazy...

- Seriously ramp up the content release cycle. We don't need a new raid every two months but there should be something... A new dungeon, a new daily hub, a new battleground, something...

- Move away from this idea of retention mechanics, filling up bars, time-gating work orders and garrison missions, long-winded legendary grinds... Make enough high quality, engaging and regular content that people won't want to keep unsubbing and re-subbing.

Things I want removed

- Condense heroic and normal down into a single difficulty. Go back to Ulduar-style triggerable hard modes, keep them at mythic difficulty but remove the hard 20-man cap. Stop punishing smaller guilds.

Things I'm happy with

No flying while leveling. I've always gotten the reasoning behind that. Perfectly OK with being grounded for it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Things I want changed:

1) Flying- This has been said enough times, I dont need to say anything more

2) Better gear up options/Better rewards for dungeons
    I miss the days of getting an Epic at the end, I miss valor. Pandaria did it all wrong. If I must get a rep for a piece of gear, then it should only cost gold. I think Wrath bad the best model personally. New dungeons towards the end, New valor pieces every patch. It was awesome.

3) More immersive worlds
    BC had the best zones for the fact world themselves told the story, other NPCs and players. The most noteable zones were Zangramarsh, Netherstorm and Terokkar forest. The moment you walked into these zones, I felt involved. It wasnt NPCs doing things, I could look at any one piece and piece the story together, even without quests. Thats gone now.

4) More dungeons
    I miss having 12 or so dungeons. Im not saying all of them have to be CMable, Id accept 8 or so. But I miss having similar dungeons like the 3 coilfang, 3 netherstorm, and the 3 in Hellfire. I think it adds to the story.

5. Color and immersion
    All dungeons now are bland. Mostly just stand there, dont have funny catch phrases like "TIME FOR FUN". Everything feels thrown together

Things I want changed

5 mans need to be relevent again, not only that but challenging. A Dungeon should be a immersive and methodical experience like most RPGs where you feel satisfied after clearing it. The problem is with raid gear being so easy to get even if they reached TBC difficulty we would outscale them very quickly due to raid gear being easier to acquire and multiple tiers of difficulty inflating the crap out of ilvls.

Blizz needs to find away to 5 mans challenging yet rewarding without us outscaling them to the point that there trivial. Why can't 5 man gear drop gear equivalent to Normal raid gear at this point? As long as itemization is diverse enough we'll have reason to do both.

Professions suck atm and could use a full revamp at this point, but I hate how crafting is just a waiting game now. Previously if you had the time and resources you could farm mats all day and craft all you wanted as long as you could find someone with the pattern and/or cooldowns you needed.

Things I want Changed
    1) I want realms to feel like realms again. Cross realm tech has its purpose, but leave it at Real ID friends grouping up.
    2) Bring back a central sanctuary for both factions in each Xpac such as Dalaran. I really miss Dalaran.
    3) Garrisons & The Farm could be fun in theory. However, make them part of the central sanctuary so that you want to spend your idle time in the city in stead of your own 'phase' and actually feel like you're still part of an MMO.
    4) Make professions interesting again. I used to spend quite a lot of downtime gathering stuff, crafting stuff and playing the AH. With the garrison throwing everything you need in your face constantly it's simply not worth the time anymore.
    5) I'd like raid difficulty to be more like Obsidium Sanctum. In stead of calling it normal/heroic/mythic, you can decide yourself how you enter an encounter: no drakes up, one drake up, two drakes up or all three drakes up. That's actually 1 difficulty more than we have right now!
    6) Give me a reason to run heroic dungeons again. I actually liked farming badges, valor points, justice points or rep with a tabard. I could decide myself how quickly I wanted an alt geared up, max out a rep or farm for those pants that just never-ever dropped.
    7) Stop my garrison from decking me in mythic gear when I've only killed 1 mythic boss in BRF. I'm wearing 8 or 9 mythic pieces which is just ridiculous and makes me not interested in doing mythic at all anymore. Let me EARN my gear.

OP hit the nail on the head here.
    More interesting about original "Hard Mode" difficulty is it did feel optional because you only recieved a few additional pieces of loot only accessible on HM, not a full new set of gear with the same stats as Normal but only higher ilvl. It also made it seem like you didn't actually kill the boss at his/her highest strength because of how organic it was. Now you just flick a switch. You killed XT's heart to make him go haywire, you don't have the keepers helping you take down an Old God.

Things I'm neutral about

PvP progression was more interesting. You can get full Conq gear by just tanking your rating and grinding back up. Before you needed a certain rating to unlock pieces of gear. This was removed because people in PvP gear with resilence would just RoFL toons w/o it. PvP gear no longer has PvP stats though so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Flying - I think flying gone is fine, but I chuckled at their reasons for removing it. Were still stuck in our Garrison not out in the world.

Things I want removed

LFR and LFG have to go I'm sorry. There purpose is no longer a necessity. LFR is the result of only having one lockout in Cata and normal could be too hard to pug for many. We now have the Group Finder which allows us to easily form pugs for Normal mode raids which can be cleared by pugs. LFG should only be a tool for dungeons that aren't current content, its very existence is what caused Heroic 5 mans to be so trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Things I want changed:

1) Flying- This has been said enough times, I dont need to say anything more

2) Better gear up options/Better rewards for dungeons
    I miss the days of getting an Epic at the end, I miss valor. Pandaria did it all wrong. If I must get a rep for a piece of gear, then it should only cost gold. I think Wrath bad the best model personally. New dungeons towards the end, New valor pieces every patch. It was awesome.

3) More immersive worlds
    BC had the best zones for the fact world themselves told the story, other NPCs and players. The most noteable zones were Zangramarsh, Netherstorm and Terokkar forest. The moment you walked into these zones, I felt involved. It wasnt NPCs doing things, I could look at any one piece and piece the story together, even without quests. Thats gone now.

4) More dungeons
    I miss having 12 or so dungeons. Im not saying all of them have to be CMable, Id accept 8 or so. But I miss having similar dungeons like the 3 coilfang, 3 netherstorm, and the 3 in Hellfire. I think it adds to the story.

5. Color and immersion
    All dungeons now are bland. Mostly just stand there, dont have funny catch phrases like "TIME FOR FUN". Everything feels thrown together
    "I have such fascinating things to show you"

Stole a lot from OP.
    Most of my want list stems from a desire to roll back conveinence changes. Restore immersion, strategy, cooperation and realm reputation.

Things I want changed:
    1) Bring back a central sanctuary for both factions in each Xpac such as Dalaran. I really miss Dalaran and Shatt.
    2) Make professions interesting again. Both gathering and crafting. This would restore some of the lost value of alts.
    3) I like the hard mode switching encounters, not the 'choose your difficulty level with a menu' option. Menus are not fun.
    4) Make dungeons relevant again.
    5) Garrison gear - see "Things I want removed, #2".
    6) Change heirlooms to enchants. Make an effort to create value in instance drops again.
    7) Bring back attunements. At the very least for raids.
    8) Roll back talent-less changes. I understand it was oh-so-much work to 'make them interesting'. Try harder. Fewer options is always less.
    9) Restore faction identity. Horde should not have paladins. Alliance should not have shamans. Factions should only work together when forced.
    10) Bring back a World PVP zone ala Wintergrasp or even Tol Barad (as terrible as it was).
    11) I like offsetting factions ala The Scryers and Aldor. Make a choice!
    12) Restore pre-Cata zone questing. Questing on rails increases ADD rates. We know you want the best for your younger customers.

Things I'm neutral about:
    1) Flying. We leveled in Classic, TBC and WoTLK just fine without it. Max level flying is also an unneccessary convienence, but not a dealbreaker.

Things I really like as they are now:
    1) Flex raiding.
    2) Lootlocks.
    3) Bonus rolls.

Things I want removed:
    1) Cross realm grouping and CRZ. I want realms to feel like realms again.
    2) Garrisons and farm-like constructs.
    3) LFR and LFD - they both remove the need to be out and about in the world. Go out and do things. Bring back server wide LFG chat spam. Make people speak to each other again.
    4) Battleground queues. Sorry if you have to travel to a city and talk to a Battlemaster.
    Last edited by MrUrthor; 2015-06-09 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUrthor View Post
    Things I want removed:
    1) Cross realm grouping and CRZ. I want realms to feel like realms again.
    2) Garrisons and farm-like constructs.
    3) LFR and LFD - they both remove the need to be out and about in the world. Go out and do things. Bring back server wide LFG chat spam. Make people speak to each other again.

I agree that Cross Realm stuff is a problem, but if were going to drop LFR and LFG the Group Finder has to stay. Best way to compromise, there is no reason people can't raid using the Group Finder tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still writing reason for other topics, just posted my basic format & following what OP asked for.

Things I want changed:

1) I want realms to feel like realms again & have active server communities. Cross realm tech is alright, but leave it at Real ID friends grouping up only.

2) I'd like raid difficulty to be more like Obsidium Sanctum / Ulduar. 2 raid sizes, Normal / Heroic merged & Mythic.
    Raid encounters will be flex for N/H & Static for Mythic, you can't do Mythic until you have cleared N/H & doing Mythic is adding extra mechanics on top of what N/H already have. But Mythic can be made more difficult just like N/H can.

3) Queue Systems repurposed & only work for your server & you still have to travel to the dungeon yourself. But the system prevents you from having to go back to town instead it puts a player on a waiting list for the next open group or the one you specified.

4)More incentive to run dungeons, implement the Diablo difficulty system into dungeons. Allow your group scale up the difficulty to continue to challenge yourself & be rewarded for your efforts.

5)Make Professions more sandbox like, allow for more customization & choose different paths that work on different things like Engineering with Gnome & Goblins. Make it so that taking the same profession doesn't mean you are stuck with the same path.

6)PvE/PvP seperate in game balance, simple.

7)World feels alive again.

8)Conveniences need to be toned down & you should earn them, not be entitled to them.

9) Class Quest make their return & provide excellent benefits for who finish them & their not easy.

10) Legendaries are very rare & not everyone can have them or even get them, You can transmoq it if you got it during current content. There not RNG based they're built like Shadowmourne, Fangs of the Father & Dragonwraith.

1) Flying
    2) LFD
    3) Reputation
    4) PvP
    5) Dailies

1) Mythic Raiding
    2) Bonus Rolls
    3) Ground Mounts feeling important again.
    4) Loot lockouts

Things I want removed:
    1) Entitlement, your not entitled to something because it is in the game get over yourself & earn it.
    2) Streamlining, Watering/Dumbing down & Homoginization
    3) CRZ
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-06-09 at 05:13 AM.

No. By Blizzard's definition "constructive feedback" = "we have made final decision, so since now we ignore any negative feedback". While I understand, that MMO development is very inert, so you have to stick with the plan, no matter how bad it is, but I still think, that completely ignoring "I don't like this change" feedback - is a really bad idea. This problem is especially relevant now - when Blizzard have made extreme amount of bad decisions, so we just can't deal with this changes in constructive manner.

Also. We just can't avoid "destructive" feedback, when we got two (or more) groups of players, who want cardinally opposite changes to be made, without any ways to achieve compromise solution - one feedback always will be "constructive", cuz it will match devs' direction, while others - always "destructive". So, this thread is pointless - one player will say "I like LFR" and another "I want LFR to be removed".
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-09 at 05:46 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Things I want changed/added
    1.) leveling revamp: scales your level, gear and experience down to the zone you are in (optional and up until current content (e.g. 90). There are lots of areas I enjoy, lots of areas I absolutely dislike, while areas I dislike feel sometimes mandatory (everything around 55-63 including most dungeons, though BC dungeons aren’t that bad), that system allows you to get the right flow through zones, don’t skip or miss stories for the sake of leveling. Also you can still run a dungeon or two meantime.

In addition: Quest rewards scale up dynamically, too, so if you do e.g. Westfall on a lvl 45 char, you’d get lvl 45 stuff from quest givers with the same stats, however more budget.

2.) a quick resort of older dungeons – no overhaul just adjust enemy levels and quest level requirements. 2 per 5 level instead of what we currently have. RFC DM WC SFK are all around the same level, though you happen to skip some, because you level too fast. Around 45 we only have 1 dungeon we constantly run (BRD).

In TBC 5/16 dungeons are outside of the leveling flow (the 67+ versions).
    In WotLK it’s even 8/15 dungeons.

3.) Profession overhaul.
    3a) Crafting professions were mandatory quite some time now, though the benefits were removed, they also removed the necessity of gathering professions. I’d resort them: Primary professions would be crafting professions, secondary professions would be the gathering professions skinning, mining and herbalism and tertiary professions would be the current secondary professions.

3b) With every class being able to keep themselves alive outside just fine, first aid became somehow useless. I’d revamp it to buffs, short and powerful buffs (e.g. 5 mins, 15-20% haste or crit – only useable in world environment) and long and less powerful buffs (like the current lfr runes).

3c) I’d lower the amount of materials needed to level up professions, so you can in theory collect all the stuff you’d need while leveling. In addition I’d merge some materials, like linen and wool becomes linen (drops level 1-30, useful for 1-150) and silk, mageweave and runecloth becomes just silk cloth (drops lvl 30-60, useful for 150-300).

4) I’d change world bosses back to what they were in MoP and earlier. Useful loot piñatas. Let Drov and Tarlna drop HM heroic, let Rukh drop BRF heroic and add another who drops pvp stuff and 2 tier pieces in Ashran.

5) I’d change the rep system in WoD. Let each faction have a real hub (Exarchs in Karabor, Shatari at the Aldor Rise) where you have to travel to in order to accept the daily attack apexis area. In addition these daily quests also reward a good amount of rep.

5a) In addition you can collect rep via tabard and dungeons (perfect reason to run them longer).
    5b) At exalted you’d get 2-3 items on HM normal and 1 on BRF normal itemlevel for gold.
    5c) In addition you’d get more mounts and faction bound mounts (Exarchs give Elekks, Shatari give Talbuk, …).

6) Followers: I’d remove the follower cap altogether, so you can actually make use of the mass amount of followers you get and don’t have to disable them. You are looking forward to specific achievement / exalted followers more, because well, you can actually use them instead of disable them right away.

EDIT:

7.) Dye-System: It’s beyond my mind why a game like D3 (hack and slay, tiny character, don’t see it properly anyway) has one but WoW hasn’t (roleplay game, big character, see it all the time). Besides I hate some color variations the devs come up with, they have some awkward contrasts (either too low (brown/grey mess) or to high (clownlike).

8.) Dungeons and scenarios
    8a.) Overall more dungeons, even if they were just wings.
    8b.) Better itemization, dungeons should be on par with LFR.
    8c.) Some rare mounts from dungeons in addition to other fun stuff.
    8d.) Scenarios should take the role of the current dungeons (fast paced 10-20mins) while dungeons should be more immersive and more rewarding overall (30-60mins)

9.) Itemization
    9a.) Better bad luck protection – 14 weeks of kromog, each time a bonus roll, no shield (neither dropped nor bonus rolled)
    9b.) Shields should be str and int at the same time like the rest of armor.
    9c.) Vers should be removed it’s a boring crapstat that most people avoid.
    9d.) more meaningful legendaries (a ring… seriously? where’s ashbringer 2.0 and the other shinies of draenor and outland! You don’t even see a ring …)

10.) Transmogrification
    10a.) lift the class restrictions on older tier sets, no one actually remembers what kind of color which class on which difficulty has and we already can mog lookalikes
    10b.) lift the armor type restriction, we already have plenty of items that don’t look like that armor type, besides why not allow some roleplayers to be battle mages / priests, why not allow some warriors to look like blade masters, why not some monks and paladins to look like clerics.
    10c.) hide shoulder options and toggle 1 shoulder options
    10d.) lift restrictions on legenaries, those who got them earned them, no matter when.

11.) World Environment – give the players reasons to go out and play.
    11a.) Dynamic huge World Events – like recapture Shattrath and rebuild it (even as a capital – Shattrath looks amazing!!!)
    11b.) Dynamic World invasions – like garrison invasions but instead outside in the camps, when you fail you have to retake it before you can use it again.
    Last edited by mmoc3697b61db8; 2015-06-09 at 12:23 PM.

Foremost and aboveall - the game should have a level of investment and ambition that befits a billion-dollar-a-year, top of the genre product. There will always be things people can point at and say could be better, but if the game gets the level of effort and care and investment that it deserves and earns little problems here or there are overlooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many good points being made

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    4) More dungeons
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    3b) With every class being able to keep themselves alive outside just fine, first aid became somehow useless. I’d revamp it to buffs, short and powerful buffs (e.g. 5 mins, 15-20% haste or crit – only useable in world environment) and long and less powerful buffs (like the current lfr runes).

6) Followers: I’d remove the follower cap altogether, so you can actually make use of the mass amount of followers you get and don’t have to disable them. You are looking forward to specific achievement / exalted followers more, because well, you can actually use them instead of disable them right away.
    And this!

It's a really good point. If you have an Inn, you already consume available missions faster than they become available again with just 25 active followers. I usually have 3-10 followers idle as it is anyway. Having inactive ones doesn't really make any sense.

I'm happy to see people share my view on quite a few of the things I've mentioned

Changes:::>

Dungeons
    I want Dungeons to lead to Raids. To this day, I still love Blackrock Depths. It's probably my favorite dungeon of all time. I completely blown away the first time I was taken in there. Maraudon was another large expansive place, but it didn't provide the feel of a "dungeon" environment like BRD did. Additionally, this was part of a long string which left you wanting to "dig deeper" even if in a way you went up lol. To this day, despite all of the bashing on TBC for "rehashing" so many of its dungeons, I look at Hellfire Citadel and think how it was really just BRD 2.0.

I'd also like dungeons to take time again. I'd be pleased if shit killed you. CC would be welcomed with open arms. The whole process has felt so damn trivial for too long. Even in Cata (which I still don't see wtf people are talking about sometimes) Heroics were a joke from day 1. Dungeons used to be the gate into Raids. They were difficult, they provided gear requirements, and in order to complete them you had to work as a team. From the outside, they were a complete linear progression to working in larger groups. Many mobs required something. Beyond just CC they had things you had to interrupt, watch out for, or maneuver around in a specific manner. I'd like this all back.

Leveling and Gear Progression
    I actually think these are too interwoven to be discussed separately. Leveling needs to slow the fuck down. Part of the whole debate, from my perspective, is that Leveling is viewed as a chore as the whole point is to get to max level and then Raid or PvP progress. I think that is a flaw in development. As stated in many other areas, gear progression is something that needs to be heavily reviewed. We need things to do outside of raiding and pvp. If we took longer to level and what we did in that leveling could be interlaced with gear progression, this might help the "speed" factor a bit. It's a complicated mess that would take several heads tackling it, but I really believe this is probably one of the best ideology changes that should be made.

Fuck Alts
    People might not find this very constructive but it's a change I believe leads to 90% of WoWs problem. I've posted before, I don't raid, I don't pvp. It's not my bag. I have 9 100's, a 95 lock (the next 100), a 93 DK (horde), and a 91 DK (alliance), and I'm currently, actively, leveling 7 or 8 other characters. This is my thing... I'm batshit. That being said, fuck alts. This whole "we can't have gates because it's not fun to do it multiple times because of alts" mentality is most likely at the center point of EVERYTHING WRONG WITH WOW. "What do you mean I can't play every class, have the highest gear level, be Gladiator Rank on everyone, AND have every mount on 5 hours a week!>!?!?!??! I'm paying for this game!!!!!" Yeah Blizzard needs to stop giving a shit about this and create a game in which this isn't a concern. When heirlooms were introduced it was a nice "here guys, have fun" and that was cool. But the way the game has shifted into this "you gotta be able to do it X times as easily and painlessly as possible" has certainly been felt and rejected. That might not sound constructive but I don't know a good way of putting it.

Professions Need Love not Herpies
    I'd love to find the quote on how Stormherald was the reason why they removed the Weaponsmith paths. I'd love to find it, print it, fly down to Blizzard, and make someone eat it. This was a great feature. It kept people busy for hours, weeks, months, and happy. I understand that something have changed. We no longer have Fire Spell Damage specifics and the like. However, tertiary stats might be a way of doing this again. Additionally, we need more crafting profession sets. Off hand I cannot remember which expansion was the worse. TBC was neat and painful at the same time with patterns being world drops. Wrath was mean as all of them were attached to raids and involved, wrists, belts, legs, or go fuck your self. However, Wrath brought the Titansteel patterns which are still sexy to look at (some of them anyway) and I still like them. This leads into the next section....

Gear should be fun..... not a fuck you!
    If all else fails, here's my ideal gear progression concept....
    Craftable->Dungeons->Craftable (timed)->Heroics->Craftable (Timed+Heroic Drop)->Normal Raid
    And then other Craftable options via reps, drops, ect. I know what your thinking. "Hey Baka, where's LFR" Go fuck yourself that's where LFR is. ( /smiles ) I liked the concept that Cata gave with the item from the last boss of a heroic. (yes Wrath did this in Frost Orbs... got it.) But I wasn't a fan of how the crafters had to roll off on it. That was sort of stupid. I'd like the items to come back and BOP, one for each crafter. This in addition to the daily CD patterns like MoP and WoD would prevent any mass Heroic farm breaking the gear system. I also miss the shit out of World Patterns. This was a really really awesome system. It needs to return.

Guilds need an update!
    Guild Banks need a fucking sell option. Guilds need perks! Guilds need something that makes it worth while to be in the fucking guild. This whole system needs a complete overhaul. It's something that was certainly abused by Cata and MoP for an easy money gain from douche bags and that was bad. I could probably sit down for a few hours and throw out ideas on this one. At the end of the day though, we can probably all agree, the guild system is dumb, stupid, broken, a waste of potential, and been kicked in the ass since before wow with ffxi's shells (or whatever the hell they called it)

LFR needs removed.
    Yeah done. I really don't think this should be debated. Will it suck for some people, yes. Can you make any change in this game that doesn't suck for someone, no. Even when this was discussed pre cata I hated this idea. I hated it more than the 10/25man individual lockouts leading into Wrath. I remember very clearly in TBC saying "Yeah, that's going to kill the fuck out of a lot of 25man guilds." Holy shit, I must be a god damn genius.

LFR is really damn good on paper. It allows people who apparently have zero communication skills or energy levels to type in trade the ability to get free gear. This has been proven. It's not an argument. It's a fact. It's created a new level of toxicity that is only rivaled by CoD+Xbox live+your mom's credit card. It doesn't promote anything positive, increase player skill, or information. What it does exceedingly well is allow for an out, an additional gear requirement source, and more isolationism in an MMO. Pure Genius.

I don't care about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I agree that Cross Realm stuff is a problem, but if were going to drop LFR and LFG the Group Finder has to stay. Best way to compromise, there is no reason people can't raid using the Group Finder tool.
    I actually do like the new Group Finder to a certain extent. If there was a way to make use of it and still push people out into the world, that would be ideal.

Deleted
    A positive thread like this needs way more exposure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, this is my dream list... be warned. It may not be possible.

Things I want changed:

1) Use your connected realm technology to make 4 realms per region PVE, PVP, RP-PVE, RP-PVE. Basically, everyone logs into one of 4 realms.. Everyone together.
    2) Change Garrisons to be Faction Account wide realm specific. So, all PVE Alliance characters have the same garrison. If you have a profession building of a type and a character with that profession that is offline. Let them be the worker in the building. Let their current skill determine the quality of the object that can be made. You will notice with this I only have 1 set of followers. And that 1 set of followers can be cycled in a very short period of time. As it stands right now, twelve 100s takes way too long.
    3) Make professions require thought. And have a purpose. As it stands right now, they only benefit alts and new characters if done by an experienced character that no longer needs the gear.
    4) Make all raids Flex sized.
    5) Make all achievements account wide.
    6) Make gear from caches based off achievements. If i haven't killed Mythic blackhand, why do i have loot from mythic blackhand? Look at my achievements before handing me that piece of loot.

8) Flying... at the beginning, I am fine with you making all new expansions a walk only zone. But as a new expansion comes in, please make the old one flight capable.

10) bonus rolls are fine to stay as they are right now. We don't need an extra currency like apexis/vp/conquest for loot.

Things I want removed:

13) Arenas. WoW makes a terrible e-sport. And attempting to make it into one is not working. If you want to promote pvp. Combine all the pvp realms into one big monster realm. Then add about 10 more battlegrounds, while removing the fighting unrealistically in a box.
    14) Balanced PVP - This will be unpopular. But every spec doesn't have to work in pvp. Each player gets 3 specs. Make it so, that battle grounds/world pvp exists. That there is a good benefit to participating in them. And that it's interesting. Give goals that don't necessarily require you just be the most damage. And people will play in every crazy spec. Rift was particularly fun in pvp, even though the classes weren't balanced. That was because the goals of the battlefiends weren't all just stand in a closet til someone was dead.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-06-09 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post

13) Arenas. WoW makes a terrible e-sport. And attempting to make it into one is not working. If you want to promote pvp. Combine all the pvp realms into one big monster realm. Then add about 10 more battlegrounds, while removing the fighting unrealistically in a box.
    14) Balanced PVP - This will be unpopular. But every spec doesn't have to work in pvp. Each player gets 3 specs. Make it so, that battle grounds/world pvp exists. That there is a good benefit to participating in them. And that it's interesting. Give goals that don't necessarily require you just be the most damage. And people will play in every crazy spec. Rift was particularly fun in pvp, even though the classes weren't balanced. That was because the goals of the battlefiends weren't all just stand in a closet til someone was dead.
    I agree with this. I've never understood the thought process behind these changes. My best time in WoW was AB at level, no twinking, with groups who cared about working together. Long before rates, heirlooms, and all the ilk bgs were a wild experience. Arena has NEVER interested me as a player. WoW's combat system is about as poor as possible for such things. Bgs should have always been the focus. What's probably the most depressing is how they "just couldn't" figure out balancing AV. That has always stood as my signal that Blizzard had a poor development team (tasked to this area.)

Things I want changed

1) Make the game an RPG again (or closer to RPG) - Class quests, hidden treasures (randomly generated, so they'll be very hard to find), max level non-daily quests etc.

2) Class design - Throw away the "bring the player, not the class" philosophy and make classes completely different from each other.

3) Make the world dynamic and dangerous - Add randomly generated PvE & PvP events all over the open world, multiple world bosses, make mobs an actual threat, add randomly generate environmental events (like an avalanche, thunderstorm with actual thunder-strikes, fires etc). Also reintroduce group quests (that actually requires a group).

4) Make gold a valuable currency - Stop feeding us tens of thousands of gold for doing nothing. Make us earn it and make it valuable by adding actually good things to buy.

5) Make professions actually worth having, and design them so we need to actually work on them (finding recipes & schematics, farming mats etc). Also make some professions interact with others (like blacksmithing & enchanting used to).

6) Make our garrison stop throwing gold & gear at us. Make us actually play the game in order to get those things.

7) The talent system - Make it more like it used to be before, but actually take the time and effort to balance the trees to make them viable.

8) Add open world raids & dungeons - Content in the open world that requires the effort of multiple players that rewards gear, gold and vanity items (basically non-instanced dungeons and raids, which the difficulty changes based on the number of players around).

9) Make mining nodes & herbs phased to the player only- Each mining node or herb that the player sees are only lootable by him.

10) Make experience gained in a party higher than (or equal to) solo experience rather than lower. Why punish people for playing with their friends? Mob toughness can be changed based on the number of players attacking it.

11) Make open world PvP kills worth more than kills in a battleground.

Things I'm neutral about

1) PvP progression.

2) Reputations as secondary source of gear & vanity items.

3) Raid sizes (flex & 20 man).

Things I really like as they are now

1) No flight.

2) Minor glyphs.

Things I want removed

1) Extensive use of teleportation. The LFG tool is ok, but make it just a group finder and make the players travel to the dungeon/raid.

2) Gating professions with a daily cooldown. Cooldowns for crafting parts are fine, but make them non-BoP so crafting gear/items costs either gold or the players' time (or both). Meaning that crafting items & gear costs a lot of materials, with some more rare ones that can be gated by a daily cooldown but can be also purchased from other players.

3) 4 difficulties for dungeons & raids- Dungeons should have 2 difficulties, normal (as difficult as heroics are nowadays) & heroic (as difficult as TBC dungeons were), while heroics have bonuses for completing them under specific time goals (as in CMs).
    Raids should also have 2 difficulties: LFR & normal. LFR is there for the story mostly, and will not offer gear better than normal mode dungeons. Normal mode will have bosses with difficulty raging from current normal to current heroic, plus additional mechanics to trigger the mythic mode (like in Obsidian Sanctum & Ulduar).

4) The legendary quest chain. Make legendaries actually challenging to get, lock them behind open world challenges, solo-scenarios and raid bosses. Stop with the "just run LFR again & again & again and you'll get it eventually" mentality. Do not just lock them behind ridiculously low drop rates, but behind challenges like raid encounter achievements & speed kills.

5) The tagging system. At the moment the more players around you the worse your gameplay experience is. Make it so as long as the player participates in the killing of a mob he shares the loot, XP, and quest progression.
    Last edited by Palemaster; 2015-06-09 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how things being mentioned most by people are in regard to dungeons, raids, professions, garrisons and flight. Feel free to correct me here, but I interpret what has been said pretty much as follows:

Most people seem to agree (to a certain degree) on the above mentioned points like this:

Dungeons:

Need more replay value. Although in recent (MoP/WoD) dungeons certain fights are quite original, there's hardly any incentive to run them these days with the way the game is set up right now. Rep, currency, mounts, pets etc. have all been mentioned as possible reasons to go back to 5-mans more. The game could also use more of them, as we seem to get fewer and fewer each Xpac. They also need to be made a bit more difficult for normal and heroic modes respectively.

Raids:

Make them all flexible in size, with OS/Ulduar-style triggers for more rewarding, but optional, additional challenges.

Professions:

Need to be overhauled and made interesting again. Not mandatory, but rewarding enough for players to invest their time and effort in again.

Garrisons:

A nice addition to the game, but in its current state makes things too easy. Especially the gathering of materials for professions and collecting upgrades for your gear has made other aspects of the game feel trivial. The current garrison feels too much like a chore, and prevents players from going out in the world. After all, why would you leave your garrison if everything you need is right there or being fetched for you?

Flying:

Most people in this thread seem to agree that while leveling not being able to fly is the way it is supposed to be. After reaching max level, it doesn't seem to be a dealbreaker not being able to fly at all, but most also seem to want flight available at some point later on.

Other things I've seen mentioned a few times involve PvP, CRZ and groupfinder, but stances on these topics seem to vary a bit more.

I really like how some of the things being mentioned hadn't even crossed my mind when i made the OP, but I can agree with 100%

We tried this. They "heard us loud and clear" and went anyways.
    Being nice does not work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    A positive thread like this needs way more exposure.
    Part of the problem is some things are just never going to come back (removing CRZ at this point is probably going to make the server even more dead than it looks with it), not to mention for a server community to matter that would require merging more servers together until maybe theres only thirty of them.