Deleted

question about precasting

one thingh i wonder couse am not realy sure. say pyro is 3 sec cast. dbm is at 3 sec before pull. do i start pyro at that moment and after cast use potion? couse it seems like then potion still get cd. or do i wait intill 0 on dbm timer use potion on 1 and cast pyro after that?

stand at max range, pre pot & cast at 4.5 sec, once pyro casts it will put you in combat, proccing your trinkets and if no one ninja pulled they will proc back to back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoz View Post
    stand at max range, pre pot & cast at 4.5 sec, once pyro casts it will put you in combat, proccing your trinkets and if no one ninja pulled they will proc back to back
    4.5sec? And then have your spell hit the boss before the pull and screw up everybody's pulls?

If your Pyro is 3sec, prepot and cast at 3sec remaining on the pull.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

4.5s may be a little early, but his point is to have your pyro be in the air before the boss is pulled. If you start casting pyro at say 3.5s before pull with no lag, your pyro will shoot off before the boss is pulled, putting you in combat. This is different from the boss being engaged; the boss is not pulled but you are flagged as being in combat. Now that you're in combat, your trinkets will proc off of an assortment of things, a common one being Incanter's Flow changing stacks. The boss gets pulled a split second before your pyro hits the boss, and the RPPM reset mechanic occurs, resetting the RPPM on your trinkets (I believe it currently resets to 120 seconds, but am not 100% sure). Now your trinkets are still active from the precast pyro, but as soon as they expire, they instantly reproc from the insane proc chance multiplier associated with the reset.

Getting 20 seconds of crit trinket + haste or multistrike depending on your gear can be crucial to setting up a good 2p trick combust, especially if you get unlucky with your first few casts.

Deleted
    If you are dps whore and if you want ruin prepot for half of your raid than you can precast pyro 4s before pull to get double proc of rppm trinkets.

Deleted
    Precasting Pyro at 4 seconds from 30 yards range all the time and never ninja pulled with it. Got 3 seconds cast time on Pyro and by the time Pyro is sent off me, it's 1 seconds left on the pull timer and it won't hit instantly the boss. Sure, it might happen sometimes that it hits the boss at 0.2 or 0.1 seconds left on pull timer (or someone else pulls the boss before), but let's face it, who is prepotting at 0.2 seconds left on pull timer.

Yep 4 seconds will have your pyro mid flight when the boss is pulled

Quote Originally Posted by dannoz View Post
    Not true. You have to have proc'd your trinkets by entering combat, but not engaging the boss to get a double proc. If your Pyro is what engages the boss, which is very likely at 4.5 seconds, you don't get a double proc.

works for me, every single time

Deleted
    thanks guys/girls for the help =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    4.5sec? And then have your spell hit the boss before the pull and screw up everybody's pulls?

If your Pyro is 3sec, prepot and cast at 3sec remaining on the pull.
    Maxrange and do it after you see the 4 on the dbm countdown. Traveltime and cast time means it lands at 0, so you're not ninjaing. If you pot and cast after you see the 3 then you're going to be late to the party and might not get your sweet succulent doubleproc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Maxrange and do it after you see the 4 on the dbm countdown. Traveltime and cast time means it lands at 0, so you're not ninjaing. If you pot and cast after you see the 3 then you're going to be late to the party and might not get your sweet succulent doubleproc.
    Eh, in a perfect world. Maybe I am just too conservative but it doesn't seem to be continually worth it, but in my raids we can't can't can't prepull without looking like an idiot so that might be it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    all i can say: fruitbasket macro!!!
    /use draenic intellect potion
    /use fruit basket
    /cast ice floes
    /cast pyroblast / arcane blast ( depending on specc)
    use this macro on 3 sec marker for fire and 2 sec marker for arcane. you will always proc everything without pulling too early. double dipping macro ftw

Deleted
    Fruit basket was hotfiexed a while ago or did i oversee something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Fruit basket was hotfiexed a while ago or did i oversee something?
    Still works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fruit basket was kind of fixed, but in a way that didn't really affect mages for the most part. It used to proc them on its own, which was fixed. But it still puts you in combat without engaging the boss - that triggers Incanter's Flow which will then proc the trinkets.

I use it for Arcane since AB has no travel time, but for Fire I just pre-pot and start casting Pyro at 4 seconds on pull timer – when you finish your cast it procs your trinkets and with travel time it doesn’t pull early.

Fruit basket works for me as well, only with IF though, ROP u may need to barrage prepull.