Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Huh, Ready at Dawn struck me as a developer that's very likely to get shuttered in the next few years. They always had inconsistent output and then The Order... my god that was pure trash.

Deleted
    Hello,

I have a question about this new apexis gear: when you upgrade the item to 695 ilvl using that 20k apexis token, do the secondary stats on the item get rerolled (like they did with Timeless gear) or do they remain the same (like they do with WoD crafted gear)? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I can't believe people are defending Cata's story.
    Yeah. VAshj'ir was really cool as a side story, but all I remember from the main story is:
    "RAAAWR we Twilight cultists smash EVERYTHING™ burn everything!"
    My character "umm you do realize that includes yourselves, right?"
    Cultists: "Die Heretic!"
    My character "What ever, time to loot."

To call Catas story "bland and forgettable" would be a gross understatement.

WoDs story is a bit better, but mainly because it's better presented. The actual content is really shallow and disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    Why couldn't it be an actual dragon fight like Sapphiron/Sindragosa? Halion? Malygos? Sartharion?! Onyxia even! Nope. Too difficult for blizz. Let's critically wound him and crash him into the ground during a cinematic and then cheese the fight with tentacles.
    Still makes me angry to this day, what a waste of an expansion. Deathwing had so much potential as an end boss, and such a massive buildup throughout the expansion.
    Recycling another dragon fight would be too easy you mean? You have some strange standards. Another Dragon fight, joy, such inventiveness. Deathwing fight was pretty spectacular, if it had been just ANOTHER standard Dragon fight, that would've been naff. How exactly would you propose that we fight Deathwing face to face? He's HUGE in lore. I mean raid bosses are big, but Deathwing is massive. We couldn't just tank and spank him, that would be stupid. You might not have liked it(which is fair enough), but to make out like Spine/Madness weren't unique fights is a flat out lie, while actually suggesting that Blizzard should've been lazy and recycle another Dragon fight is puzzling at best.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle... Draenor Edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Recycling another dragon fight would be too easy you mean? You have some strange standards. Another Dragon fight, joy, such inventiveness. Deathwing fight was pretty spectacular, if it had been just ANOTHER standard Dragon fight, that would've been naff. How exactly would you propose that we fight Deathwing face to face? He's HUGE in lore. I mean raid bosses are big, but Deathwing is massive. We couldn't just tank and spank him, that would be stupid. You might not have liked it(which is fair enough), but to make out like Spine/Madness weren't unique fights is a flat out lie, while actually suggesting that Blizzard should've been lazy and recycle another Dragon fight is puzzling at best.
    Spine and madness were cool fights.
    The problem was that spine HC was way overtuned if you weren't a guild that could stack the appropriate burst classes and needed to wait for debuff to stack.
    That in turn delayed you for so long that madness ended up being far easier than spine, which was an anticlimactic end to the expansion.

We wiped WEEKS on spine and killed madness after the 10th pull or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah. VAshj'ir was really cool as a side story, but all I remember from the main story is:
    "RAAAWR we Twilight cultists smash EVERYTHING™ burn everything!"
    My character "umm you do realize that includes yourselves, right?"
    Cultists: "Die Heretic!"
    My character "What ever, time to loot."

To call Catas story "bland and forgettable" would be a gross understatement.

WoDs story is a bit better, but mainly because it's better presented. The actual content is really shallow and disconnected.
    Your posts and lack of understanding any literary device and imbecilic thrashing on things such as "rehashing" when you purposely ignored the point of certain events (10th year anniversary Onyxia wasn't intended as she rezzed up) or knowledge of any planar creature not being able to die in the material realm (hence why Ragnaros never died) in said posts when it comes to telling a concise story makes me glad you will never work for Blizzard.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    You have the apexis mount marked as "blue gem".
    Fixed now.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by CatinaSink View Post
    Timeless Isle... Draenor Edition
    And again, it was obvious that Timeless isle was a testing ground for wod, people loved it so they went ahead with it

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,

I have a question about this new apexis gear: when you upgrade the item to 695 ilvl using that 20k apexis token, do the secondary stats on the item get rerolled (like they did with Timeless gear) or do they remain the same (like they do with WoD crafted gear)? Thanks
    They stay the same like WoD crafted, and unlike Timeless you upgrade the piece after 'revealing' its stats. No more wasting your upgrades only to get double vers.

"Q: Blizzard's reputation is second to none in this industry - Paul, what kinds of lessons did you learn there that will help Ready at Dawn reach the next level?
    Paul Sams: First and foremost, I learned that you must put game quality and player experience first in everything that you do. Gamers are not driven to buy games because they have a clever business model, they buy games that are fun and immersive that deliver on what was promised. I also learned that being a trend chaser or first mover is not a key to victory. Our team here at Ready At Dawn needs to make games that they love and that they want to play so that we can get the very best and most creative work out of our developers. Force feeding a development team to chase a business model or game type trend when the team doesn't love it is a likely losing proposition. A happy and motivated team that is making a game that they absolutely love with a leadership team that doesn't force them to ship their game before it is ready is part of that formula for success."

LOL this confirms exactly what players have been accusing blizzard of for the past 3 months. Finally some direct news on why WoD ha been suffering.

1)"First and foremost, I learned that you must put game quality and player experience first in everything that you do. Gamers are not driven to buy games because they have a clever business model, they buy games that are fun and immersive that deliver on what was promised" -- Players want content in their games, not flashy initial gimmicks that don't hold up.

2)" I also learned that being a trend chaser or first mover is not a key to victory.""Force feeding a development team to chase a business model or game type trend when the team doesn't love it is a likely losing proposition." -- Let the developers do their job and make a fun game the right way, instead of filling it with trash aka farmville, seflies, jukebox, twitter load of crap excuse for content.

3)"A happy and motivated team that is making a game that they absolutely love with a leadership team that doesn't force them to ship their game before it is ready is part of that formula for success." -- WoD was an unfinished product that was pushed out by the money grabbing business team way too soon before developers had the chance to produce much of the promised content at bizzcon. Confirmation of players' suspicions.. WoD was rushed and incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    I didn't say recycle another dragon fight. Each of the dragon fights I listed above were unique aside from the two ones where you hide behind iceblocks that I paired together. Halion was really cool with phasing in and out of the shadow realm.

I dunno man, Onyxia was a pretty big ass dragon, and they made it pretty interactive having her go through phases including flying across the cave breathing fire etc. Deathwing was not that much bigger than Onyxia.
    Who's to say that the raiders against Deathwing weren't empowered by the dragon aspects to be able to actually combat the massive dragon?
    Shrug... Supremus was a pretty big dude, so was Archi... And all the Pit lords.. etc.

You are right, deathwing's final encounter was very unique. However, my opinion is that it was an awful encounter and many agree.
    At the same time, Blackhand is one of the most challenging end bosses we've ever seen.. but the fight is cancer.

To be fair, I think Operator Thogar is one of the most interesting fights ever.

I think making an Orc-centric xpac after a year of SOO was a mistake, though.

I thought the final Deathwing battle was fine. The rest of the raid made no sense whatsoever, with no explanation of the elder god (who it was, where it came from, etc). I do wish we had been given the chance to fight Deathwing in human form. I figured that would be P1, then he'd transform and we'd fight dragon in P2.
    Operator Thogar is The Safety Dance from Naxx in Wrath but it's more obvious where NOT to be instead of having to watch a GIF to know where to stand and move to.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    WoD is a pretty bad joke and everyone knows by now. You just can't expect mouthpieces to say "yea we dun goofed with WoD, we're sorry it sucks"
    no but thats when you hear the phrase "we learned from WoD...." It's sort of a round about way of saying "we done goofed and won't do that again...till next time"
    "I think one of the problems that Lucas Blizzard has now, in the Lucas Film Blizzard empire, is the fact that he doesn’t they don't have more people around him them who really challenge him them."

Deleted
    about the deadly throw nerf:
    the interupt was the only reason you would even slightly consider using this talent.. now its completely useless, they shouldve given us a new talent instead.

Cool. So to represent the healing priest community, they chose two people who aren't theorycrafters, don't raid in a top guild and who haven't really shown anything that indicates they know what they're talking about. Also, those sun glasses. Pretending to be douches, is douchey aswell.:/

So they're using the excuse that we have no content cause they're working on content 6 months into the future. THEN WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY DOING 6 MONTHS AGO?

Also I spent the last 3 weeks capping 60,000 apexis crystals to start on the mount. Now I see we need to be exalted with some dumb fuck faction TOO? Fuck that shit. What a waste of time.

How is recycling Nefarian, Onyxia, and Ragnaros good story? The only original major villain of Cata until Deathwing himself was Cho'gall. Al'akir's involvement was horribly explained at best...and then the fight was terrible, too.

The story completely flatlined in places (Vashj'ir) and they straight up cut out other things. Where is Neptulon? Etc etc....

I can't believe people are defending Cata's story. The only reason it isn't worse than WoD's is because it doesn't involve bs timeģdimension travel, one of the worst literary conceits ever
    Wait, WHAT???? Lich king had an ENTIRE RAID REUSED. Not rehashed, not inspired, REUSED. Then we had the King of setbacks, Anu'barak, that successfully dethroned Kael'thas, who earned the title at Burning Crusade. That "they used Ragnaros and the Deathwing Brothers" is the weakest excuse to criticize Cataclysm. They did crap ONLY when they abandoned the Tide Hunter kidnap to advance to the Zandalari plot, to try to fix the mess they did with the launch.

Too bad they abandoned the Zandalari heroic dungeons system completely. I loved how DPS were forced to deal with trash and boss mechanics in a strategy level way higher than Tank and Heals. But community decided that DPS should always be the brainless killers...

BTW Vash'jir flatlined? REALLY??? The only reason I didn't do more Vash'jir with alts was that Hyjal was needed to open Firelands Dailies. I still from time to time get an leveling alt and go play the Naga Memories quest chain, because of how cool it is.

Cata bled subs because the systems were atrocious; Blizzard abandoned their policy of avoid exploits, and started to endorse it, as long the exploits were made in groups; class-balance was ignored, with most having ONE viable spec, with the other two being useless, up to the LAST patch, when they fixed it; Itemization was made only for Heroic Raid 4-pieces, leaving everyone without a steady and skilled raid group with broken characters.

But, OK... everything is cool... It was seeing Vic, Ony and Rag that drove people away... Mmmkay...
    Last edited by Buu; 2015-06-10 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    how much cristals do i need to get that green flying mound?

Did he just use immersive in a post about wow or blizz games in general? Bwahahahahaa roflmao