Getting in to Comicbooks, where do I start?

As the title says, I'm interested in reading comicbooks but I have no clue where to start in this massive jungle.

I love Marvel's superhero movies and i want dive in to their comicbook worlds.

I was hoping to get some pointers from you guys !

If you want to read some Marvel stuff without being over whelmed by the 50 years worth of material I'd recommend reading some of the initial Ultimate universe comics.

Ultimate Spider-man is a great series. 100+ issues of ongoing stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Spider-Man

Of particular note would be The Ultimates - a take on the Avengers which is basically what we've been seeing up on the silver screen the last few years. The first 2 series are fantastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimates
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2015-06-09 at 12:35 PM.

Your best bet is to talk to te folks that work at the comic store. ask which series/arcs recently started. This makes it really easy to hop into the start of a story arc without having a shit ton of back issues to wade through. I did this for Hulk with the red hulk arc and new thunderbolts. This will get you introduced into the current "universes" and main stories. Then you can decide where you want to go back and collect/read through.

If you arent so much into collecting but looking for the story, buying series in bulk graphic novel format is awesome. It will allow you to grind out large chunks of comics at a discounted price.

once you get into a few series, get subscriptions through the store, this will motivate you to stop by the store once a month and see whats new when you pick up your subs,.

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention that i'm getting a tablet and planning to read through an e-reader app.
    Currently don't have room for a physical collection.

If you like heroesque mixed with drama and politics. I highly recommend Ex Machina

10+ Year Old Account
    Try picking out a few characters/groups you like from the movies then looking up online "best ________ story arcs" and see if you can get them in trade paperback/graphic novel format. These collect a number of individual issues into a single book for easier reading. Then just go from there.

Keep in mind that comic books are a medium, not a genre and there is so much more to them then just people with super powers running around in colorful outfits beating up badguys.

Pick characters that you like and Google their storylines. Buy trade collections and ignore continuity. Continuity can be a big deal but it doesn't have to be. You can largely disregard it with given storylines.

I recommend the recent run of Ms. Marvel if you want something recent.

Ed Brubaker's Captain America/Winter Soldier run.

The best thing about comics is that you can always find a hero/villian/anti hero that will fit what interests you. my best suggestion would be pick something that you like in life and find a comic that fits it.