Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Show me where he stuck a gun in someone's face, Two people approached him from behind in a threatening manner and he drew his weapon but kept it at a low ready, at which point they backed off an ran away.
    And then his associates forced him to put it away. So clearly he didn't pick a smart option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And then his associates forced him to put it away. So clearly he didn't pick a smart option.
    What conclusion of your reasoning? It was not a smart option. Then what? What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    What conclusion of your reasoning? It was not a smart option. Then what? What does it mean?
    It means he had no business drawing his gun. It means it's no surprise people are pissed. It means he's going to lose his job if the cops want to keep positive relations with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'd say swinging a 14 year old girl around like a toy is grounds for termination. Especially since she was not being aggressive, resistant, or threatening.
    You'd be wrong. You've probably never tried to handcuff anyone but what she was doing was absolutely resisting and none of the force he was using was excessive in trying to prone her out and get her hands behind her back for cuffing. Now should it be found that he lacked grounds to arrest her or detain, then perhaps that could be grounds.

Those other 2 cops possibly saved lives but will probably be chastised and removed from the force eventually for not upholding the blue code of silence. Everyone knows that if you see your partner shooting you help him out and then cover up and spin if necessary. That's what heroes do, these 2 were cowards.

It probably wasn't the best option but it doesn't mean it was wrong or inappropriate. Also the arrival of 2 officers changes the dynamics. Its no longer just one officer trying to arrest one person and having two people approach him aggressively from behind.

I always love how fast people excuse the resisting arrest and fleeing crimes being committed because the cop is a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

It probably wasn't the best option but it doesn't mean it was wrong or inappropriate. Also the arrival of 2 officers changes the dynamics. Its no longer just one officer trying to arrest one person and having two people approach him aggressively from behind.
    And then two dead teenagers because he pulled the trigger. What then? And wouldn't the situation break down further as all the civilians react to the shots fired and bodies dropping?

And then two dead teenagers because he pulled the trigger. What then? And wouldn't the situation break down further as all the civilians react to the shots fired and bodies dropping?
    Why are we discussing things that didn't happen?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I always love how fast people excuse the resisting arrest and fleeing crimes being committed because the cop is a dick.
    Shoot all the criminals. Save millions in processing and court fees and man hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Why are we discussing things that didn't happen?
    It's the norm. Like what if the teenagers all had guns or knives.

How did they force him to put it away? Is that what they said or did you get that from the video?

Shoot all the criminals. Save millions in processing and court fees and man hours.
    Or people could just not resist arrest.

Maybe I'm crazy, but even if I haven't done anything, I'm not going to evade, flee or resist arrest.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

It's the norm. Like what if the teenagers all had guns or knives.
    Seems like a waste of time.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where would the teens be hiding these guns or knives?

Or people could just not resist arrest.

Maybe I'm crazy, but even if I haven't done anything, I'm not going to evade, flee or resist arrest.
    There's a man in SC that can show you how following commands can go horribly wrong.

But in all seriousness, yes, you shouldn't resist or flee. It's the part where people, even non-criminals, will say it doesn't deserve death. And then we could ask why not just kill any criminal if being one is the justification to shoot and kill fleeing individuals.

There's a man in SC that can show you how following commands can go horribly wrong.

But in all seriousness, yes, you shouldn't resist or flee. It's the part where people, even non-criminals, will say it doesn't deserve death. And then we could ask why not just kill any criminal if being one is the justification to shoot and kill fleeing individuals.
    Are you referring to Walter Scott?

It's pretty difficult to legally justify killing a fleeing suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be wrong. You've probably never tried to handcuff anyone but what she was doing was absolutely resisting and none of the force he was using was excessive in trying to prone her out and get her hands behind her back for cuffing. Now should it be found that he lacked grounds to arrest her or detain, then perhaps that could be grounds.
    I admitted to being wrong about the resistance. I don't know the laws in Mckinney TX about being a bystander, but as far as I am aware, she did not do anything to warrant being detained. If so, the group of people she was standing with should have also been detained in the same manner, but they were not.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Are you referring to Walter Scott?

It's pretty difficult to legally justify killing a fleeing suspect.
    Levar Jones. Shot for getting his license out of the car.

Was that girl resisting arrest and/or fleeing?

What was she being arrested for me bootlicker? Was she being arrested for resisting arrest, that seems like some circular Logic.