Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah it almost like people have minimal standards. And blizzards struggles to meet them.

Yeah man, why can't these unhappy people just realize they're just jumping on a bandwagon and shut up, pay their subs in silence and be thankful. The nerve of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    drama is lovely to see. Some men want to watch the world burn. Im not gonna lie i red these forums just to see how far off the deep end people go
    When I want to watch the world to burn I suggest faction changing Blood Elves, the destruction of Undercity and Orgrimmar, balancing servers through the power of forced faction and server changes with a six month to year lock in time (or until Blizzard sees fit to give you another complimentary server and/or faction change), or making players unable to decline guild invitations to guilds higher up in the food chain. Expressing my unhappiness with WoD is hardly just to rustle jimmies.

Deleted
    Wow is still very good game, dunno about the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    When I want to watch the world to burn I suggest faction changing Blood Elves, the destruction of Undercity and Orgrimmar, balancing servers through the power of forced faction and server changes with a six month to year lock in time (or until Blizzard sees fit to give you another complimentary server and/or faction change), or making players unable to decline guild invitations to guilds higher up in the food chain. Expressing my unhappiness with WoD is hardly just to rustle jimmies.
    I go to a high elf thread and post in support of it when I wanna watch the world burn. It's free entertainment.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Herewe Goagain View Post
    WOD is the biggest butt nugget that blizz ever laid. So lazy and un developed. I conclude Blizzard does not respect their customers. People need to be fired.
    If blizzard didn't respect their customers, they would just tell you to go fuck yourself when you make your 100th post in a thread about flying. People exaggerate for drama and excitement. And they want to see people fired for more drama and excitement because they are unfullfilled

I don't think it's for shits and giggles, I'm pretty sure people are just tired of Blizzard putting out a piece of dog shit on a silver platter and expecting us to eat it for 8 months. Garrisons, raids that have gone stale since December, and fucking TWITTER integration. This game has truly gone down the shitter, and that's why people like Paul Sams are leaving Blizzard, and why the game lost 3 million subs in 5 months, which is pathetic and terrible for business no matter how hard you try and spin it.

Well of course, at the end of the day nerds are just as dumb and hive-minded as any other group of humans. Having valid complaints is one thing. Refusing to speak in anything besides hyperbole is another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    If blizzard didn't respect their customers, they would just tell you to go fuck yourself when you make your 100th post in a thread about flying. People exaggerate for drama and excitement. And they want to see people fired for more drama and excitement because they are unfullfilled
    PR and playing nice in verbal terms with your consumers is nowhere near as costly as making quality content that stays true to the genre of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerias View Post
    Well of course, at the end of the day nerds are just as dumb and hive-minded as any other group of humans. Having valid complaints is one thing. Refusing to speak in anything besides hyperbole is another.
    Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring all the issues, that will get you places mister!
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    PR and playing nice in verbal terms with your consumers is nowhere near as costly as making quality content that stays true to the genre of the game.
    I agree. They can do PR and play nice all they want on Twitter and their biased forums, but it doesn't change the fact that we are in a content drought in the middle of the expansion. 8 months without anything new except a selfie camera and Twitter intergration LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I go to a high elf thread and post in support of it when I wanna watch the world burn. It's free entertainment.
    It could be an amazing world event. But it's also a recipe for sunny with a 100% chance of world shattering rage the likes of which would make Armageddon look like a quaint holiday in Bermuda. If they wanted a way to put the playerbase at each other's throats even more than just convincing them that half of them are worthless bads or lazy, entitled children they can give the Blue Blessing to one of the factions. I don't even mean the story blessing, I mean a mechanical one- the removal of faction cities, races and questing zones would be a good start. Didn't Chilton talk about how he wished he could just delete things? Start with player races.

Which is why I think all those newly Alliance Blood Elves are going to have to be faction locked for a while to prevent them to going back to the Horde before they've given the Alliance a fair chance. Who cares with some Horde guilds collapse? They picked the wrong faction. In fact, we might want to place Horde player characters into internment camps for their war crimes to discourage those Blood Elves from rerolling.

It's actually nice to see people opening their eyes to what Blizzard is doing. A few years ago people just stuck their head in the sand and believed every commercial lie or hyped feature they saw. You know, like Apple fans do.

Smart people on the other hand will start to wonder: "Who is Blizzard doing these things really for... the players? themselves? the stockholders?

Revised Talent trees: Themselves because it takes way less time to balance or design
    Dual-spec gear: Themselves because they can cut down on items
    Cash shop: Stockholders because more income
    No flying: Themselves and stockholders because it slows down the game and don't need to develop as much anymore
    Any form of dungeon/raid rehash or difficulty setting: Players and themselves. We get to pretend we're doing more content while they don't actually have to develop any apart from tweaking some numbers

Those are but a few. Feel free to add more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygamer420 View Post
    I agree. They can do PR and play nice all they want on Twitter and their biased forums, but it doesn't change the fact that we are in a content drought in the middle of the expansion. 8 months without anything new except a selfie camera and Twitter intergration LOLOLOL
    It's even worse when you remember Siege of Orgrimmar lasted 14 months before WoD launch--in about two years, we had one content patch and a patch dedicated to Twitter integration and a damn camera.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Echo chamber effect, people just wanna hear themselves whine and get thumbs up for that. Every single person i saw whining is 100% sure why 3 million people left game and they are certain without shred of doubt and look at people that are trying to explain that there is no single reason like they are idiots sniffing glue.
    If you are not enjoying game in its current state just man up and stop playing. Hmmmm or apply for job at "Evil blizzard co." and uncover all the schemes they are doing just to spite you personally xD

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It's even worse when you remember Siege of Orgrimmar lasted 14 months before WoD launch--in about two years, we had one content patch and a patch dedicated to Twitter integration and a damn camera.
    Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about it like that. That's just pathetic, and how many content patches has Rift, a game that has less capital to go off of, had in the mean time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Echo chamber effect, people just wanna hear themselves whine and get thumbs up for that. Every single person i saw whining is 100% sure why 3 million people left game and they are certain without shred of doubt and look at people that are trying to explain that there is no single reason like they are idiots sniffing glue.
    If you are not enjoying game in its current state just man up and stop playing. Hmmmm or apply for job at "Evil blizzard co." and uncover all the schemes they are doing just to spite you personally xD
    If somebody's still satisfied with only one major content patch in over two years, then they seriously must be the idiot sniffing glue. Either that or they have the attention span of a 12 year old.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not "hate just because".
    With a game this large and a player base so diverse, it's bound to get tons on negativity, and has throughout its run, and will continue for the foreseeable future.
    One of WoW's biggest problems is that it's been out for 10+ years.
    They have the same problem as The Simpsons, everything's been done before.
    They've tried adding new things, which got mixed reviews (remember when pets were simply things that followed you around?), while others got mixed at best reviews (garrisons).
    They have tried to change with the times and, for good and bad, have done well enough to retain a large player base and a large amount of daily/weekly logins.

The thing you have to remember about the internet forums is that it's risk-free hate.
    The worst that can happen is a banned account, but no real detrimental effects on the individual.
    Because of this, people are emboldened to voice their opinion and so many others will happily latch on to the hate train because they agree or just for fun.
    The fact that the hate has risen everywhere is alarming, somewhat, but not really unexpected given the changes and evolution that's taken place.
    If Blizzard were to listen to the vocal minority again, they would undo what they've done due to their complaints, which in turn would garner more complaints either at the change back and being forced to do dailies and grind reps, or just the simple fact that they rolled over and gave people what they asked for.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Hate is justified in some places, but just flat out silly in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I believe there is way to many negativity, because a few things are horrible.
    As example the new darkmoon faire video's off MMO-Champion gets massive amount of negativity because in people eyes they revamping the races.

I really love these races and they are best thing they added on DMF so far.
    There is alot of features out there that doesn't deserve the hate.
    That's quite a nice opinion you have there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by crazygamer420 View Post
    Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about it like that. That's just pathetic, and how many content patches has Rift, a game that has less capital to go off of, had in the mean time?

- - - Updated - - -

If somebody's still satisfied with only one major content patch in over two years, then they seriously must be the idiot sniffing glue. Either that or they have the attention span of a 12 year old.
    Because you know whats fun for everyone? Fun police go and explain all player base how they should enjoy game (inc. comment blahblah 3 mil ppl went " insert reason"). And one could say its even more idiotic spending time on unofficial forum bashing game you dont even play or play and dont enjoy it. Even if blizzard ppl are reading these forums i could see their face when they say " aaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats why we lost subs, geeeeeez that was revelation ty @blizzsucksflyingbackvanillarocksblahblah1235"

Its strange to see people willingly PR for blizzard for free. I mean they are clearly not delivering content in a timely manner, they are making unpopular decisions, and yet you feel as if a company, that you owe nothing to, needed to be defended?

If you want to rationalize the negative PR as "hate for hate sake" then by all means, it does not make it any less valid.
    Chronomancer Club

I don't think it's all for shits and giggles but there could be some.

I think there are serious problems currently with wow in how things are handled, design, development and public relations. To many blizzard missions statements not really being upheld in my eyes.

So no, I think the majority of the negativity is warranted given the current path wow is on.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-06-09 at 06:02 PM.