Beast Mastery in CMs

I have plenty of experience in CMs but I was interested in digging deeper in BM Hunter stat weights (specifically weights, not priority). Does anyone have any quantitative analysis to prove the generally accepted Mastery>Crit>Haste>Multi stat priority? What is the exact ratios between these stat values?

Any sort of simming I have done has shown either haste or multi to be above mastery. I understand simming can be highly inaccurate as is usually fails to replicate "real game" conditions.

What am I doing wrong?
    Learn me some stuff.

Please don't answer if you have no idea or if you are going to link me some icyveins crap.
    Last edited by SHLAM; 2015-06-09 at 05:04 PM.

The top guns on this forum tried to figure out what the best CM stat was a while ago.
    It ended in a bloodbath with half of them getting banned.

But I think haste and mastery were pretty damn close, depending on how you do the CM. (How much you pull etc) Not 100% sure on what the stats were, pretty sure some of em will pop up in this thread soon enough and give you their opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. CMs are highly irregular in nature, they duration of each pack varies depending on your comp, Different groups pull in different sizes, etc.

There are too many variables involved to be able to get accurate stat weights from a simulation. All you are left with is a stat prio derived from logics and maths, no exact values.

Nobody has really "theorycrafted" CMs, we just do a fuck load of runs to test stuff out and share info (or we don't ) tbh if you go for gold it doesn't matter and if you go for world records then, well, you should kinda know anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    No. CMs are highly irregular in nature, they duration of each pack varies depending on your comp, Different groups pull in different sizes, etc.

There are too many variables involved to be able to get accurate stat weights from a simulation. All you are left with is a stat prio derived from logics and maths, no exact values.
    Absolutely, and that makes sense to me. I tried to replicate that idea by simming single target, 5 targets, 10 targets, alternating fight duration from 30 seconds to 10 minutes but didn't show mastery being the primary dps contributor.

I know you are going to benefit more or less from a stat depending on how you do the pulls but maybe someone can do me a solid and loosely outline the strong/weak situations of each of the stats?
    Last edited by SHLAM; 2015-06-09 at 06:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hallenge+modes

Lurk around those pages and you should find some discussion on the matter (it gets kinda "messy" though)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hallenge+modes

Lurk around those pages and you should find some discussion on the matter (it gets kinda "messy" though)
    Crit>Haste for short duration large burst aoe.
    Haste>Crit for maybe the more casual players pulling less at once but doing more total pulls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    Crit>Haste for short duration large burst aoe.
    Haste>Crit for maybe the more casual players pulling less at once but doing more total pulls.
    Haste is only good if your packs last for ages (which they wont even if you're just doing gold)

going full ham on crit and mastery seems to be the way to go in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    Absolutely, and that makes sense to me. I tried to replicate that idea by simming single target, 5 targets, 10 targets, alternating fight duration from 30 seconds to 10 minutes but didn't show mastery being the primary dps contributor.

I know you are going to benefit more or less from a stat depending on how you do the pulls but maybe someone can do me a solid and loosely outline the strong/weak situations of each of the stats?
    Hm...
    I wrote a post a really long time ago that sort of tried to touch on these things. I didn't even remember about it until recently after getting a google note that it was being linked to from wowhead. It's old and has a lot of misinformation, particularly noticeable in a highmaul list at the bottom that still has the odyssian choker (now an int neck), but it might provide some insight into the results of your own recent sims. [Here]

The only other piece of challenge mode information I've come across was in a post at summonstone, [Here].

This 100%.

However overall you're probably going to want mastery>haste>crit. Bosses still account for a significant part of the dungeon and any boss you don't have stampede on is going to take forever if you have very little haste.

Personally I play thrill of the hunter and it lets allows you to have a much higher uptime on Beastcleave during AoE pulls with no CDs. A good example of a situation like this is the hallway after the 1st boss in Auchidoun. If you're just going for gold you can expect to pull 1-2 packs at a time and each pack will last maybe 40 seconds, depending on your group's damage. That's 30 seconds of no Bestial Wrath and 630 ilevel haste numbers. Steady Focus doesn't allow you maintain Beastcleave as well as weave in Barrage off CD with such low stats.

Every good hunter I see doing CM Boosts/Times plays Thrill

but yeah mastery>haste>crit in my opinion. Even short bug pulls like ones in Iron Docks still take 20-30 seconds which isn't really enough time for crit to shine through over haste OVERALL unless you're lusting.

Another thing to remember is you're only going to have BW once/min since 2p doesn't work in CMs and alot of people are used to having more than 1. With 630 ilevel your Cobra Shots are very, very slow.

All these "opinions" make my head hurt and my penis feel strange

Quote Originally Posted by D U R R T Y View Post
    All these "opinions" make my head hurt and my penis feel strange
    I just recently did CMs itemizing for Mastery > crit > multi and was able to breeze through them. In the nature of CMs you spend most of the time on bosses (I may be wrong?). I used trigger and BHOTM for a nice single target burst.
    I'm just wondering why no on mentions multi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Christea View Post
    I just recently did CMs itemizing for Mastery > crit > multi and was able to breeze through them. In the nature of CMs you spend most of the time on bosses (I may be wrong?). I used trigger and BHOTM for a nice single target burst.
    I'm just wondering why no on mentions multi ?

multi is okay but haste is better if you play thrill which you probably should

as for trinkets I use alchemy+coin but I think MDST would be okay but probably not
    RPPM isn't usually better than proc/on use in CMs