Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For some odd reason my browser refuse to show the video. Took me a while to figure out how people knew so much about what happened, from the OP.

Only thing i can say is that flashing once or twice with the front lights tend to provoke people less, and it's hard not to notice.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

This feels like that dude that deliberatly drove into someones property with a dirtbike, just to film it and make the other person mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both parties are idiots. Driver wants to rage at you, fine. Ignore him. No need to get into a "my penis is bigger" match while driving down the road, especially over something so trivial.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Yeah sure, next time I'll get out and fight to prove your point
    That's why I said almost. But if you think you have to do that you too can be as big of a dick as that guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The video falls under the category of shaming. You could've just reported him to the police. They issue thousands of distracted driving tickets every year.

Last time some dumb fuck "got out of his car" on me (I went to make a lane change, he came barreling down the other lane at some ridiculous speed and I was barely abl\e to get back out of his way on time) he was like "OH MY GOD BLAH BLAH BLAH WTF WAS THAT BACK THERE." (after following me apparently like 20 blocks from the incident).

I was just like "Well you were driving a little fast back there weren't you?" and then I rolled up my window and looked away from him. And then he stormed back to his car looking like a retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The video falls under the category of shaming. You could've just reported him to the police. They issue thousands of distracted driving tickets every year.
    No, I think he deserves to be doxed and stabbed in the face with a semi-errection (he was prepared to threaten or initiate physical violence until the point he realized he was being recorded, aka piece of shit)

So I hope his wife/boss/dog sees that video, and then bites his weiner off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Both parties are idiots. Driver wants to rage at you, fine. Ignore him. No need to get into a "my penis is bigger" match while driving down the road, especially over something so trivial.
    By getting out of his car the other driver was threatening physical assault. The only thing that got him back in the car was the fact that he realized he was being recorded.
    You idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    This feels like that dude that deliberatly drove into someones property with a dirtbike, just to film it and make the other person mad.
    Yeah that's exactly equivalent to this. Honking at somebody who is texting at a green light instead of proceeding is like driving on their lawn. Because everybody should wait for their sorry ass. Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I was just like "Well you were driving a little fast back there weren't you?" and then I rolled up my window and looked away from him. And then he stormed back to his car looking like a retard.
    well you were also probably just kind of like not looking in your mirrors before changing lanes if the guy was that upset about almost rearending you. you don't just get out of a car and chew someone out for pulling out like a dick, you probably almost caused a wreck.

and because i know "well by law the accident would have been his fault, so nyeh" is right around the corner, you can argue what is whose fault in court... but it's better if there is never even a problem to have court over to begin with.

i have a career in driving so i see stupid shit every day and the # 1 tip you can give to anyone is to pay attention and be vigilant at all times. you have to be to drive any type of load truck. i don't care whose fault an accident would be, i don't want to have to deal with the downtime in my business. i don't want somebody else to get hurt. i don't want to have to pay somebody else's bills. the last thing i need is for my truck to be on the news while i'm building my business.

i watched a video where a guy got rear ended and got knocked into a box truck because he had his wheels turned into oncoming traffic. what the video's poster didn't point out, is that he also came to an abrupt stop and turned on his turn signal only after stopping, like a big huge dumb motherfucker. No one points this out.

This is one of the stupidest fucking things you could possibly ever do in a vehicle and dumb motherfuckers are always doing it. when you have a few tons of loaded goods in the back of your truck, it doesn't exactly stop on a dime. it shaves days of my life off every time that it happens and it's stressful as fuck to know someone who would do that is allowed to operate a motor vehicle.

It's like, you can graduate from high school and still not understand the definition of Turn and Signal or what the fuck they even mean when they are put together.

Maybe we should scrap half the fucking high school courses and start teaching kids how to file taxes and to drive a damn car correctly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You guys can do U'eys on a dual carriageway?

EDIT: Seems thats the most interesting question in the thread :P
    Yup... unless there is a sign like this (or similar, sometimes with text):

You can make a U-turn at most intersections

Quote Originally Posted by CatinaSink View Post
    Yup... unless there is a sign like this (or similar, sometimes with text):

You can make a U-turn at most intersections
    I'm guessing just due to the size that in a lot of America, highways aren't as densely trafficed (probably not a word but yeah), but in the video, it did look a bit sketchy for people doing the U-turns to face traffic coming from the road on the right, but I'd imagine people are just used to it I only posted that as it was the part that struck me about the video (played muted) then realised most of the previous page of the thread was talking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    By getting out of his car the other driver was threatening physical assault. The only thing that got him back in the car was the fact that he realized he was being recorded.
    You idiot.
    And? If you watch the video, the filmer opens up the confrontation by yelling "Get off your phone!". The two proceed to argue, while driving I will add, and THEN the other driver gets out to threaten physical violence. Yes, the other driver is an ass for threatening that, but the filmer purposefully antagonized him when he didn't have to. Would there have been any further conflict if the filmer had just ignored the trival situation and moved on with his life? Unlikely. If the other guy wants to be a dick and flip you off, so what? This isn't high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I think people who text and drive while the vehicle is moving should have their license revoked or pay $500.

If he stopped for as long as he did it's okay to honk. Maybe not okay to argue or threaten.
    I think they should have at least the same punishment as drunk driving, if not more harsh. Since it is statistically more dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Honking his horn to get his attention. Fine. Matching the speed of the other driver so they can size up each other's dick? Not so much. The OPs involvement should have ended after honking his horn.
    Watch the video, it was the other guy that kept speeding up to catch the OP. did you even watch the same video?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Should have forced him off the road and shot him in the face.

Seriously though, Fuck that guy.
    Or shot an RPG through his rear window.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Texters make me seriously want to invest in an airhorn system for my car.

Fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Would there have been any further conflict if the filmer had just ignored the trival situation and moved on with his life?
    Do you feel that drunk driving is a trivial situation?

Because texting and driving is statistically more dangerous. If you consider this trivial, then logically you also consider drunk driving trivial?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    there is no such thing. i did go to cops they will "try" to contact the owner of car and ask him to behave. but thats all. fuck this guy i hope everyone fucking see for the creature he is. shaming? fuck yeah it is. I could only wish his coworkers and his boss see this

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Texters make me seriously want to invest in an airhorn system for my car.

Fuck that guy.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Mazaxist; 2015-06-11 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Do you feel that drunk driving is a trivial situation?

Because texting and driving is statistically more dangerous. If you consider this trivial, then logically you also consider drunk driving trivial?
    Your grasp of logic is faulty.

But please, I am interested in hearing how yelling at and insulting a drunk driver from your car as you both drive down the street is an effective strategy in combating the scourge of drunk driving. Because based on how hilariously ineffective it was in dealing with somebody texting, I remain unconvinced that this is a legitimate form of deterrence.

Get his license plate, call the police. Simple as that and, as a bonus, it does not lead to a pathetic display of machismo while driving down the street.

But it does make me wonder what the safety statistics are for engaging in a yelling match while driving are. I would think that would be more dangerous than sitting at a full stop and sending a text, but you never know. Be a dear and look those up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    . people use GPS and shit all the time. I couldn't do my job without it.
    In cali you can you can use your gps on your phone while driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit was staged...

You people seriously.... I mean, how the decibels from him speaking even got onto the camera (despite wind and other noises) and it being clean and able to understand...

just write down his license plate and report it to the cops. even if nothing happens chances are they will have it noted he texts while drives. eventually they will pull him over for the same thing. he might even get violent with the police and get thrown in jail. or shot depending on the cop. problem=solved.