Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where The Heck Is My Fel Green Demonbolt At?

Why is there not a fel green version of this spell/talent? It says it's demonic energy right? and demons are known for using fel magic right? So Why isn't it green and purple? Heck even that color combination would look so awesome, purple and green(fel green to be exact) are iconic warlock colors, at least to me so why not have a fel version of it?

c'mon blizzard I know it's not the biggest issue but It'd be nice to at least have a nice fel green version of this spell right?

Jeesh

I'm gonna go ahead and say, as a warlock, to not bitch about class specific cool things we get...after green fire and new pet models.

At least wait until boomkins get a turn man.

The Pet Models weren't made for warlocks, that's more of a bonus from them making a burning legion/demon themed raid. They upgraded those models because they wanted to make the raid boss/creatures look more up to date not for warlock.

don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about warlocks profiting off this but, it's not like they upgraded all the demon models just for warlocks. I guarantee they would have upgraded the moonkin form if there was a druid type of themed boss or creature that we'd see relevant in new content.

Its not fire so not green, i am glad the didn't change the chaos spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Its not fire so not green, i am glad the didn't change the chaos spells.
    well to be fair the red part is I believe is fire isnt it?because chaos magic isn't red/orange right? and doesn't it says in the description demonic energy?and fel magic is sort of demonic energy.Don't the warlock pets use fel energy for their abilities? and back in warcraft wasn't chaos magic green? like when illidan turned into a demon and got that one ability? Besides I just want the red part changed to green not the whole spell.

Because our Soul Fire spell is already green.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Because our Soul Fire spell is already green.
    yeah they did, it fits really well with our green meta form but, a fel version of demonbolt would look even nicer with it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Its in Farahalon.

Raid tier. 10 chars

its disturbing actually that a simple recolor of an ability is such a big deal for blizzard.. i cant understand why?! it takes literally 1 minute.. copy pasta ability and change color.

same problem with our meta minor glyph and mount fire trail. etc.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    I'd like this aswell, c'mon Blizzard it's even called Demon Bolt, it should be green even without the Codex lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    are you out of shit to bitch about?

it belongs in the chaos school of magic in wow and chaos magic is colored dark violet-ish black-ish... just like Chaos Wave and Touch of chaos (which both belong in the same spell school). The oddball here is Chaos Bolt which did chaos damage in the past, but was changed to shadow damage in Mists of Pandaria i believe...and yet its green.
    Should just call Demon bolt Chaos bolt instead and give Chaos bolt a new name ^^.

The unique thing about this magic school is that its damage is chaos, meaning it combines all seven magic school and physical damage (if u get interupted while casting a chaos spell u get locked out of all magic schools at once) It also ignores some of the defenses that Physical damage ignored (like Ko'ragh shield, twilight ward in the past...etc).

tldr: it wouldnt fit lore wise to make it green, however looking at this picture they could make the fire in demon bolt green... now that would be cool!

(note: interesting thing about the animation is that it has Runes in it, might indicate some connection to Rune magic)
    Last edited by Zerach8; 2015-06-10 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    just make it green (ofc only the fire!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    it belongs in the chaos school of magic in wow and chaos magic is colored dark violet-ish black-ish... just like Chaos Wave and Touch of chaos (which both belong in the same spell school). The oddball here is Chaos Bolt which did chaos damage in the past, but was changed to shadow damage in Mists of Pandaria i believe...and yet its green.
    Should just call Demon bolt Chaos bolt instead and give Chaos bolt a new name ^^.

The unique thing about this magic school is that its damage is chaos, meaning it combines all seven magic school and physical damage (if u get interupted while casting a chaos spell u get locked out of all magic schools at once) It also ignores some of the defenses that Physical damage ignored (like Ko'ragh shield, twilight ward in the past...etc).

tldr: it wouldnt fit lore wise to make it green, however looking at this picture they could make the fire in demon bolt green... now that would be cool!

(note: interesting thing about the animation is that it has Runes in it, might indicate some connection to Rune magic)
    yeah that'd make alot of sense of not for the fact that there is a red/orange part of this spell, you yourself stated the color of chaos magic is purple(which it wasn't in warcraft 3) so that red/oragne coloring, which looks alot like normal fire to me doesn't fit this school of magics coloring to begin with. Again I am not trying to be rude so please excuse me If I am wrong but did you take the time to read any of my previous posts? I've already stated that I just want the red/orange part of this spell to be recolored.

I am not sure why people are always bringing up this thing with chaos school of magic not being green and it not fitting lore. Blizzard doesn't have any definitive lore on the coloring of chaos magic.The reason our spells like ToC & chaos wave are purple is to just fit the look of our original purple metamorphosis form.

According to Warcraft Logs, Chaos Magic is rainbow colored...I think we should bid for that

Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    According to Warcraft Logs, Chaos Magic is rainbow colored...I think we should bid for that
    lol oh yeah!! you got my vote

it's chilling with the female voidlord and male succubus. I heard they all mount dreadsteeds that leave a green trail when they run over water.

Deleted
    Screw green fire. Rainbow fire is the future!

After reading this I not have the Lucky Charms tune stuck in my head....