Is this normal? Corsair H60 CPU Cooling.

I had just received, and install a Corsair H60 today, and I got my system up to the point where I'm able to connect to the internet, drivers, yadda-yadda.
    I installed CPUID-HWMonitor, and I immediately noticed something that seems a little odd; But This is my first liquid cooler, so I really don't know. I've always just used Intel Stock fans on my systems before today.

I don't have any games / Benchmarks installed to "stress test" anything on my system... Yet

Note: This is a Mini-ITX case.

These temperatures and RPM rates. Did I install something wrong?

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

I'm not sure what your specific concerns are here. Being a liquid cooler means nothing, the H60 basically bottom of the line for that series and will actually perform worse than many air coolers. Its not a bad quality or anything but its a thin 120mm rad with a single 120mm fan. You don't say what you were doing when you took the screenshot of these numbers, but your max and current temps are perfectly fine. We also don't know what the ambient temp in your room is either.

But overall I'm not seeing a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I'm not sure what your specific concerns are here. Being a liquid cooler means nothing, the H60 basically bottom of the line for that series and will actually perform worse than many air coolers. Its not a bad quality or anything but its a thin 120mm rad with a single 120mm fan. You don't say what you were doing when you took the screenshot of these numbers, but your max and current temps are perfectly fine. We also don't know what the ambient temp in your room is either.

But overall I'm not seeing a problem.
    Got it for really cheap, and it had solid reviews over a long period of time from Newegg, And it fits inside my case, so I jumped on the chance.
    Idle with my stock cooler, was hovering 50c-55c in BIOS. With this install, I'm down to around 31c-36c.

Does it take time for the cooling to go through? Or is it immediate?

I had mentioned my concerns where with Temp and RPM on the fan. As for room temperature, I'm not sure. (It's well below 70F)

I'm just sitting idle, mainly. Aside from Installing Windows Updates and some general-basic Web browsing at the moment.

With how my case is designed, I did have to mount the Fan+Radiator to the side panel of my case, instead of replacing the rear-case fan to mount it there.
    The radiator and the fan with this H60, took up both my SYSFAN1 pin, and my CPU pin, and I wasn't able to locate a second SYSFAN pin anywhere, so I had just removed the fan that came with the case.

Well, you're not completely idle since there is a 15c difference between current and max temps. Your current temps in the 35-44c range are perfectly fine. Not great but its hard to gauge without have specific details of the environment, the current CPU clock speed, and how recently you were running something that took your temps over the 50c range. That temp is fine too, but if you took that screenshot a few seconds after closing a video or something it would explain all of your temps.

Your min temps, in the low 30-33c range is 100% normal for a completely idle system. So that too make me think everything is fine and makes me question what exactly the issue here is. If its the CPU temp compared to the RPM on the CPU fan that has you worried, again you are not providing enough info on your setup and the exact conditions your system was under when this screenshot was taken.

A slim radiator, with a single 120mm fan, is going to need some decent RPMs to keep the temps at a good level. Especially in a Mini-ITX case. You need to provide the full spec break down of your system, including the exact case. Provide some pics of the system as its assembled and with the main panel removed so we can see the guts and run tests at pure idle, under basic usage like several browser tabs open, and after stressing the system with a game or something for at least 10 minutes. Taking screenshots of the temps during each of those.

Then and only then can any potential problem be diagnosed. If you can get any readings on other temps inside the system that would be extremely helpful too. As for your case fans, you should have plenty of fan headers, when I see exactly what MOBO you have I can tell you where they are. You can also get a Y splitter to connect 2 fans to 1 header. But not having one of the case fans installed is likely one of the problems. Also, do you have the CPU fan set to intake or exhaust?
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-06-10 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Well, you're not completely idle since there is a 15c difference between current and max temps. Your current temps in the 35-44c range are perfectly fine. Not great but its hard to gauge without have specific details of the environment, the current CPU clock speed, and how recently you were running something that took your temps over the 50c range. That temp is fine too, but if you took that screenshot a few seconds after closing a video or something it would explain all of your temps.

Your min temps, in the low 30-33c range is 100% normal for a completely idle system. So that too make me think everything is fine and makes me question what exactly the issue here is. If its the CPU temp compared to the RPM on the CPU fan that has you worried, again you are not providing enough info on your setup and the exact conditions your system was under when this screenshot was taken.

A slim radiator, with a single 120mm fan, is going to need some decent RPMs to keep the temps at a good level. Especially in a Mini-ITX case. You need to provide the full spec break down of your system, including the exact case. Provide some pics of the system as its assembled and with the main panel removed so we can see the guts and run tests at pure idle, under basic usage like several browser tabs open, and after stressing the system with a game or something for at least 10 minutes. Taking screenshots of the temps during each of those.

Then and only then can any potential problem be diagnosed. If you can get any readings on other temps inside the system that would be extremely helpful too. As for your case fans, you should have plenty of fan headers, when I see exactly what MOBO you have I can tell you where they are. You can also get a Y splitter to connect 2 fans to 1 header. But not having one of the case fans installed is likely one of the problems. Also, do you have the CPU fan set to intake or exhaust?
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    I see nothing wrong. Your temperatures are fine.

Some details on your PC would be nice. I wonder what case. Honestly, any case with room for 120mm rear fan should have room for your radiator.

The cooling liquid is at full functionality right away. When starting up PC you may be able to hear the liquid flood. Liquid is pumped out and measured in RPM just like fans are. Your CPU fan is showing the RPM of the pump, not the fans. 1k RPM on the actual fan sounds just perfect.

With that CPU and those temperatures I would not hesitate to overclock the CPU.

Is your liquid cooler making a grinding noise?
    You'd suggest that I OverClock it? Am I reading that right?

The computer I have above my desk and monitor, on a large, reinforced shelf; Well ventilated.
    Temperature of the room, ranges depending on the year from 50F-100F. With a recent heatwave in our area, my room hasn't gotten over 70F, I don't think yet. Humidity is nearly non-existent.

Getting photo's is going to be really, really tricky with how I had to install the Cooler. The panels are removable, but I had to remove all 3 of them in order to install the Cooler; and get my hand squeezed inside between the case structure to get the thick cords of the Cooler away from my GPU and motherboards surface next to, I think the Heatsink.

The Cooler I have installed is Intake Air, suggested from Corsair.

Removed the Rear fan, because I'm not certain there is an additional (Second) System Fan pin slot to support another fan. This Cooler used up both Fan Pin's for CPU and System.

The Cooler was too large for the rear fan slot (Rear fan is only 92mm, I think.)
    The 120mm fan slot is on the main opening panel of the case; While I can remove it, it's just really tedious because I have to position my hands and fingers at awkward and uncomfortable angles.

*Case: MSI Nightblade Barebone
    *Board: MS-7887 Z87i Gaming AC
    CPU: Intel i7-4770
    Corsair H60 CW-9060007-WW
    RAM: AMD Radeon Entertainment Series; 8Gb @1600 DDR3 240-pin (PC3 12800); Timing: 9-9-9-28; Cas Latency: 9; Voltage: 1.5V

GPU: EVGA GTX 960 FTW Edition; 4Gb
    Display: Dell S2409W @ 1920x1080 60hz HDMI
    *PSU: 600W 80+ Gold Power Supply. (Unsure of Brand; It came with the case from MSI.)
    SSD1: Adata 120Gb
    SSD2: Kingston HyperX 240Gb
    HDD1: WD Red 1Tb
    HHD2: WD Blue 4Tb
    (Think they where all on 6Gb/s SATA in a UEFI-AHCI configuration?)

*Barebone system

I'm not hearing any grinding noises. It's really quiet, actually. Think my GPU fans are the loudest thing. Maybe the mechanical drives. If the photo's will help, I'll have to get to them tomorrow. (Almost 2AM here from this posting.)

Installing BF4 and EVGA's Precision tool while I sleep; Think that will be a good test game. (With what I have available.)
    I don't think Warhammer 40K is a reliable benchmark anymore, is it?

Do have Tomb Raider, too. And BioShock Infinite.
    Doubt WoW is much of a stress tool.

Hopefully no strange lockups, or shutdowns will happen.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2015-06-10 at 08:53 AM.

While those temps are not as good as my Noctua NH-D14 air cooler they are still pretty good. About what I would expect from a low-end AIO water cooler. Nothing to worry about. You could get AIDA64 and run a stress test and see what temps get up to. Just for comparisons sake, mine only gets up to about 50-55 with a mild OC. A good air cooler beats most AIO Water Coolers. If it was a good deal though, it's still probably a little better than something like a 212 EVO or be quiet! PURE ROCK which are cheap $30ish air coolers.

It can certainly handle at least a mild OC as well. I would run AIDA64 for a couple minutes first and see what temps look like after a couple minutes. After you OC, as long as you are not going too far above 70C during stress you will be fine. Normal usage, even gaming, will not take it as high as the stress test. I think you are pretty ok even if temps get up to about 85-90 during stress testing, though nothing I did ever drove mine that high.

Think everything is going well with the Cooler, so far. Temperatures seem alright. No really high spikes in AIDA64 while underload.

I can't seem to update my BIOS. Can't find the files in BIOS to update through M-FLASH.

Can't seem to install the Intel Chipset.
    Says "Motherboard not supported."

OC'ing in BIOS causes some strange things with the false-placement of text that is a little distorted.

DirectX is being a pain in the ass with BF4.

When I first got an Antec Kuhler 920, my idle temps didn't change much and I freaked out. Then I checked temps while gaming and they stayed close to the same. I would check your temps when you are playing something or stressing the cpu.

Right now I'm OC'd to 4.5GHz from 3.3 and I'm running 33-36C. Under stress I am anywhere from low to mid 40s.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-06-11 at 01:10 PM.

Spec's inn my signature. My TX3 evo runs my I5 at really fine temp's and its a dirt cheap air cooler, cheaper and smaller than evo 212 even.

I guess 4770 if not OC should not go above 76 with a H60 imo. Thats under normal gaming load. Ofc I dont know if you OC your CPU....I havent.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I managed to get the DirectX things fixed, it seem... I uninstalled .NETFramework's 3.5 and 4.0, along with my GPU drivers. Reinstalled 3.5, then 4.0, and the nVidia Drivers last and that so far as seemed to fix it. (Also running the pre-GTA5 Drivers. Had issues on a few games running anything after that.)

Device Manager and Event Viewer weren't listing anything what so ever. =\

The BIOS random text, is in the same place every time. If I could; I'd screenshot it. Has only occurred 2 times, though. BIOS m-Flash needs to be FAT32 for the USBDrive, right?

Running idle at about 30m after boot.
    http://i.imgur.com/jcJfsBS.png

Running BF4 on a 32v32; Siege of Shanghai during a map-event that causes the building to collapse.
    http://i.imgur.com/dU1qCpx.png
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2015-06-11 at 06:40 PM.

Where do you live, reason I ask is ambient temps. I currently have similar temps but its 30 degrees and hot as hell in my room, regardlessly your temps are fine tho, but if its 10degrees there it is concerning.