Fixing Character Count

On my main server, the list of character slots shows that I have one more character than I actually do (thereby decreasing the available slots I have by one).

I am a preferred status player, so do I have any recourse to draw a developer/admin's attention to correct this issue? I have already tried adding and then deleting a dummy character, but that maintained the nonexistent character in the slot count on add and delete.

I gotta say. That really sounds like a bug they need to know about.

I'd call customer service for that one.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's a pretty glaring issue, I'd definitely escalate that.

I suspect you've tried already, but have you tried logging out and quitting the game completely and then trying again?

This happened to me once while I was preferred. If the aforementioned fails then definitely contact customer support.

Good luck chief, hope you sort it out.

I contacted support@swtor.com and their team eventually fixed it. I called first, but the phone support told me to use the e-mail support.

They said that somehow, I had activated a character twice. They reset all of my characters' activations, leaving me with 0/X characters, and then I was able to re-activate all of the characters. My account now has the correct count of characters.