Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virium View Post
    That's pretty much what I was saying in my second sentence. People can talk shit about others' openers all they want, but what appears to sim the best is certainly not the best in practice.
    It most of the time is. Just not always. That's why it's a sim. You go for best average output. Not best absolute (RNG dependant, possible) output.

You should be using Garrote once on the fight, on the opener. This is what sims the highest on average. If you don't want Garrote on your bars, you can do Ambush hemo Ambush. It sims for less, but it's not by a significant margin.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Deleted
    The dps sims are average - While playing perfectly the highest and lowest sim will be sometime 30% apart from each other just from procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    You should be using Garrote once on the fight, on the opener. This is what sims the highest on average. If you don't want Garrote on your bars, you can do Ambush hemo Ambush. It sims for less, but it's not by a significant margin.
    That's what I've been doing since they deleted the honor among thieves *BUG*.

Garrote may give you marginal, slight and unsignificant dps increase, but I just hate that spell and don't even want it on my bars just as you said.

ambush hemo ambush sr rupture sd ambush/evi is the one that works for me perfectly and I'm gonna continue using it unless garrote will give me a significant dps increase on my opener, which it isnt at the moment.

another thing I want to focus the discussion on is refreshing find weakness.

Do you vanish>ambush while there's still about 1 second of FW remaining to benefit your first ambush from it, or it's generally better to wait for it to finish completely if that means pooling more energy for possible 3 ambushes while subterfuged
    Last edited by mmoc6fd03e2e20; 2015-06-17 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppek1993 View Post
    That's what I've been doing since they deleted the honor among thieves *BUG*.

Garrote may give you marginal, slight and unsignificant dps increase, but I just hate that spell and don't even want it on my bars just as you said.

ambush hemo ambush sr rupture sd ambush/evi is the one that works for me perfectly and I'm gonna continue using it unless garrote will give me a significant dps increase on my opener, which it isnt at the moment.

another thing I want to focus the discussion on is refreshing find weakness.

Do you vanish>ambush while there's still about 1 second of FW remaining to benefit your first ambush from it, or it's generally better to wait for it to finish completely if that means pooling more energy for possible 3 ambushes while subterfuged
    You should never clip your fw its always better to make sure you have enough energy to cast as many ambush as possible otherwise your wasting fw time waiting for energy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    You should never clip your fw its always better to make sure you have enough energy to cast as many ambush as possible otherwise your wasting fw time waiting for energy
    It's mostly important to have as close to 7 combo points and 100-110 energy as you can manage before you vanish. The goal is to do 2 finishers and 3 ambushes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to rank on a single target fight like Gruul, Ore, Kromog, you should be running Subterfuge / Vanish glyph and your opener will be
    10 Seconds, Premeditation
    1 Second, Slice and Dice and Potion
    Garrote
    Ambush
    Ambush
    SR+Trinket
    Rupture
    Dance
    That will give you the highest amount of burst with all of your ambushes benefiting from SV and rolling into dance with almost no energy to get the maximum return from the 2pc. Just hemo weave when you can and try to maximize Evis in find weakness and you'll be playing sub like a god. All that it comes down to is learning the flow of the spec and when you can or can't fit in a finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Virium View Post
    You're just wrong though. That doesn't hold up on H&F or Maidens, so I have literally no idea what it is that you're saying. It's definitely not worth sacrificing the decent single target that you can do as Combat just so you can focus on killing pack beasts or little dudes on Thogar.
    It's perfectly fine for me on maidens. Dunno if the effect of instant poison procs diminishes with higher ilvl,but for 3 targets I(only ilvl 686) do more damage in the actual game and in simc with fast/slow compared to slow/flow.

I'm also not foolishly claiming things. Take a look here:
    http://ravenholdt.net/index.php/foru....php?f=6&t=116

I don't know about the effect on higher ilvls.

Jarvid

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvid View Post
    It's perfectly fine for me on maidens. Dunno if the effect of instant poison procs diminishes with higher ilvl,but for 3 targets I(only ilvl 686) do more damage in the actual game and in simc with fast/slow compared to slow/flow.

I'm also not foolishly claiming things. Take a look here:
    http://ravenholdt.net/index.php/foru....php?f=6&t=116

I don't know about the effect on higher ilvls.

Jarvid
    A thread from December with sims at ilvl 670 doesn't really carry much weight. The fact of the matter is that nobody really swaps weapons before killing spree, and nobody uses daggers for combat it if they can help it.

That is the reason why I simmed it for myself with current versions. Using fast Main Hand comes out on top by quite a margin. Of course this changes with duty. Going on ship or not etc. as it was already mentioned in this thread. I just think it is wrong to completly rule out a dagger as a combat weapon.