Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    If there is one thing I've learned from my years of playing Warlock it's that these changes are never as bad as people think they are. They sky doesn't fall and warlocks aren't unplayable. The set bonus was CLEARLY bugged when I'm sitting on a training dummy sustaining over 100k DPS with the three pets making up 75% of my damage. Blizzard might go about things in retarded ways, nerfing and buffing with numbers that make no sense (thus having to re-buff or re-nerf more than they should) but Warlocks are never a terrible class. We will as good on progression as we've been in the last two raids.

Having said all of that I'll entertain the possibility that we won't be fine. Even IF we're not good on progression it's going to be because of the kneejerk nerf that Blizzard did (then they buffed mastery, remember) and NOT because of the set bonus that was clearly bugged, that was NEVER their intent. That's a pretty big if, IMO.
    yeah obviously it was broken. but they went from one extreme to other extreme. dont you agree?

and no, sky is not falling. we still got affli that is strong at single target and good enough for multi dot cleave with the class trinket. iam just sad they didnt balance the proc rate but instead gutted it completely.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    yeah obviously it was broken. but they went from one extreme to other extreme. dont you agree?
    Nope.

The t18 4p is equal in power to the t17 2p, which makes sense considering they're basically the same bonus with a different aesthetic.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see them switch the 2p and the 4p in terms of their relative power gains, but its fairly normal for what it is.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post

and no, sky is not falling. we still got affli that is strong at single target and good enough for multi dot cleave with the class trinket. iam just sad they didnt balance the proc rate but instead gutted it completely.
    I think they nerfed the 4p a bit too much, 3-4% is kinda low IMO but I absolutely do not agree they went from one extreme to the other. The bugged set bonus was BEYOND extreme and in order to nerf that extreme they would have to to make the set bonus so bad we wouldn't even consider picking it up. They didn't do that. They went from one extreme (a set bonus basically tripling our damage) to a bonus that was probably nerfed a bit too much. They're really not even in the same ballpark.

Honestly, with the way Blizz works - as sad as it is - I'd kinda rather us go live underpowered, because then after that first week we'd get hotfixed into a decent/good place.

If we go live even slightly overpowered, we'll get nerfed to the ground. Unlike mages, who could go live slightly overpowered but then somehow get buffed.

I still don't get how Arcane's single target was considered fine when it was higher than Demo pre demon-bolt nerf but Demo's was too high, and Fire's aoe was fine when it was higher than Demo's but Demo's was too high.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Ugh, just look at the illidary satyrs, they are barely as tall as my forsaken character on the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Ugh, just look at the illidary satyrs, they are barely as tall as my forsaken character on the ptr.
    I agree, that's far too big. Melees lives are already hell with the amount of pet clutter and us making it worse with player sized demons is not a good thing, yet alone a boss sized demon that almost made it in.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I agree, that's far too big. Melees lives are already hell with the amount of pet clutter and us making it worse with player sized demons is not a good thing, yet alone a boss sized demon that almost made it in.
    I was saying they are too small, by that they do look silly in that size, i would replace them with fel stalkers or fel hunters, but then it would be too many hounds in the 4 set. :s