Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Incentive to do this content is exactly what this patch needed more of. Sorry if you really want to jump over everything, hopefully this kind of mentality stays among Blizzard this time. More incentive is always good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    No.

To be FREE.

Not chained to the land for some stupid idea it's "immersive" or more "challenging" (BS, as Blizzard is saying they're doing it to control how we access zones and quests).

We have a game that can offer what games could not years before. To throw that all away to cut corners?

I don't play second best.

Do you?
    flying was never free. it always cost gold.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Looking at the stats on the front page, I'm going to venture a guess that many of the No-flight people are lazy and skipped content as well. I'm pro-flight and I've done most all of the achievements required. I would have enjoyed doing them more with flying.
    Yeah I just had to hit four map points to finish explorer, and now I'll have to do a handful of assaults. All that's left is the rep grinds in tanaan, which hopefully can be done largely via quests rather than mob grinding.

I've been playing this game for long enough that I'm all for flying if it mean I can cut 5 or 10 mins off my daily routes of Pet Battles or just general farming it means I have 5 or 10 mins to do other things (probably just jackin' it).

Looking at the stats on the front page, I'm going to venture a guess that many of the No-flight people are lazy and skipped content as well. I'm pro-flight and I've done most all of the achievements required. I would have enjoyed doing them more with flying.
    I'm pro-flying and I've had all the needed achievements done for several months, hello most I did within 2 week of WoD launching.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

The stats are funny. So many times treasure hunting has been used as an argument against flight, yet less than 44% have done more than 50.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I never wanted flying back to do all those achievements, those achievements were all done whilst playing the game as I normally would whilst levelling up.

I wanted flight back because I enjoy flight, I enjoy having the freedom in my travelling, ofc yes it does help with other things like fishing and archaeology, pet battles etc.

No.

To be FREE.

Not chained to the land for some stupid idea it's "immersive" or more "challenging" (BS, as Blizzard is saying they're doing it to control how we access zones and quests).

We have a game that can offer what games could not years before. To throw that all away to cut corners?

Do you?
    Sooooo....log in, head to toe BiS epics, no raid or dungeon or crafts needed, yeah?
    Why should you have to play the game that the developers designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Being level 100 trivializes it too.
    How does being level 100 trivialize having to figure out how the hell to get up to the top of the mountain and into the cave where the last treasure you need to get the achievement is stashed? All of that content was designed to be done without access to flying. If anything, I would have rather seen all of what they listed PLUS a new epic long quest chain. But I think you kind of missed my point. You are saying you will have done everything already by the time you get flying. First, that is not true. There will still be at least 100 more treasures to find. And you could grind those three reps to exalted from revered. But second, and more importantly IMO, is that the whole point was that Blizzard WANTS you to do all of that stuff, AND wants you to do it without flying, at least once. They were NEVER going to back off that design choice. So be happy they will at least give you the ability to do it all on alts with a flying mount, not to mention the things to do on your main that remain even after earning the achievement, rather than sticking to their original stance and not included flying at all.

Before all we were getting was the stick. At least now they added a carrot at the end of it. But we were never going to get just the carrot.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine to me, maybe a little overdoing it on requirements but still nothing too strenuous, most of those things should be done while levelling anyway. And by that point, the prohibition can't be argued to be fixing the issues it intends to.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-06-10 at 07:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's so you don't have to do it 10 times, once on each alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So you wanted flying to SKIP content?

Thank you for clearing that up for me, you shouldn't get flying then.
    If I had a way to prove it, I would be willing to bet you money that virtually 100% of the people complaining about no flying have not done those achievements. Given that only 3% of the population has even completed the Securing Draenor achieve for completing each Apexis daily quest ONE TIME...

At one point, there was a guy in my high pop server's guild who insisted he could not play Draenor's content without flying. Swore that entire quest areas were inaccessible to him, and he could not finish. We tried and tried to get him to understand he could go anywhere on foot that he needed to go. We tried to get him to tell us, specifically, where he thought he could not go, so we could help him get there, and he couldn't even say. But every damn day he would spend hours ranting in guild chat about his flying mounts and how Blizzard screwed him over. It's like this segment of the population that's just stark raving mad.

I would also love to know how many people who complained about no flight, also complained that there is "no content". I'd be willing to bet there's a fair amount of overlap there. All the "no content" complainers clearly haven't DONE much content, as evidenced by the achievement statistics on MMO Champ's front page right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    other than the reps and anything else coming in 6.2 i have everything done already because i went out and saw the outdoor content they put in the game...essentially all the people who didnt go to all of the outdoor zones and didnt complete all the quests are the ones who wont get flying quick and easy. most of those people also probably cried about "NO CONTENT"
    Exactly, I was surprised by how pathetic the achievement stat percentages were in the graph they showed, talking about being lazy and complaining that there is no content when they've barely done anything.

I think when flying hits Blizz should also sneak in a bunch of level 100 flying mobs to give people more things to complain about. I think their solution is fine, 100 treasures is not that much, I'd guess each zone has at least 100 in it, exploration and loremaster aren't difficult at all, neither are the bonus objectives, the rep grind will be the worst part, but still reasonable since you get a mount reward and then whatever else the respective quartermasters sell. I think this is more interesting than dropping X amount of gold, and it could be worse, you could need to do it on ALL level 100 toons as opposed to just one.

No.

To be FREE.

Do you?
    It somehow does not shock me that your icon proudly claims you're a paladin..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    Okay, so we get to fly which is nice but we have to collect 100 treasures, complete quests and grind rep. The whole point of wanting to fly in the first place was to be able to complete these tasks. Does blizzard not understand that no one wants to do any of this on foot? Why do people think this is okay.
    That's your opinion, and allow me to say I disagree.
    Flying is for saving time. Absolutely nothing else for me.

We're all different, don't try to project majorities. That was one of the major critisisms GC had of the community.

Before today: "plz Blizz, let us fly, we don't want to skip content, we just want our freedum"
    Today: "wtf Blizz, flight should be free, we want to skip content"

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Incentive to do this content is exactly what this patch needed more of. Sorry if you really want to jump over everything, hopefully this kind of mentality stays among Blizzard this time. More incentive is always good.
    But isn't that a problem with the content? If in the natural course of playing the game, 96% of the people didn't earn *securing Draenor* doesn't that speak to the problem with how the content was presented or delivered or how interesting it was? Now the only reason the other 96% have for doing the outdated content is to get flying. Questing was apparently so boring only 23% got loremaster.

I think it's a low bar to set when chasing achievements is considered content and the content isn't interesting or fun enough to do on it's on, you have to offer something like Flying behind it to get people to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Before today: "plz Blizz, let us fly, we don't want to skip content, we just want our freedum"
    Today: "wtf Blizz, flight should be free, we want to skip content"
    Not sure how skipping around mobs is really "skipping content". Oddly Blizz gave me a means to skip content with the Stable perk of not being dazed and dismounted. Why were you not rallying against that as well?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2015-06-10 at 07:57 PM.

I simply merely wanted flying back because I missed its increased speed. Like if they would've offered a mount riding skill that bumped ground mount speed up to par with flying mounts then I would've been perfectly happy and content =P.

Flying to skip content you've already done: Great. That's why the achievement exists.
    Flying to skip content you've not done yet: Bad. That's why the achievement exists.

Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    Okay, so we get to fly which is nice but we have to collect 100 treasures, complete quests and grind rep. The whole point of wanting to fly in the first place was to be able to complete these tasks. Does blizzard not understand that no one wants to do any of this on foot? Why do people think this is okay.
    Cry much??