Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Naughty Dog needs to bring back Crash and Jak and Daxter. Sucker Punch needs to let Sanzaru make another Sly Cooper game. Although the movie is still on the horizon so hopefully that will create a Ratchet and Clank situation where a game comes out alongside it.
    Someone needs to bring back Crash and Jak but it's not Naughty Dog. Druckman's writing talents would be heavily wasted. Plenty of great developers out there capable of making good platformers, very few capable of making games like UC4 or TLOU.

Also have 0 doubt we will be getting a new Sly game soon with how well this did(Sly 4 was kind of a sleeper hit in it's own right that sold above expectations).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Someone needs to bring back Crash and Jak but it's not Naughty Dog. Druckman's writing talents would be heavily wasted. Plenty of great developers out there capable of making good platformers, very few capable of making games like UC4 or TLOU.

Also have 0 doubt we will be getting a new Sly game soon with how well this did(Sly 4 was kind of a sleeper hit in it's own right that sold above expectations).
    Perhaps but I feel like Naughty Dog could use a change in direction from more realistic games after they do Last of Us 2. Plus, they are apparently interested in doing Jak and Daxter and Crash being part of the U4 campaign I think shows that they haven't forgotten their roots.

Also Jak 2 and 3 were a step above most 3D platformer's and the writing was great in them. Not sure in Druckman can do comedy (haven't played U4 yet) but Jak 2 is still one of the funniest games I've ever played despite having plenty of serious moments.

Perhaps but I feel like Naughty Dog could use a change in direction from more realistic games after they do Last of Us 2. Plus, they are apparently interested in doing Jak and Daxter and Crash being part of the U4 campaign I think shows that they haven't forgotten their roots.

Also Jak 2 and 3 were a step above most 3D platformer's and the writing was great in them. Not sure in Druckman can do comedy (haven't played U4 yet) but Jak 2 is still one of the funniest games I've ever played despite having plenty of serious moments.
    Uncharted is not a realistic game. The writing in something like Jak series is not even comparable to U4 or TLOU. Druckman is good at making characters seem human, which is pretty anti platformer altogether.

Putting easter eggs in a game does not mean they're interested in making cartoony platformers again, in fact I'm pretty sure they said the exact opposite.

The most Naughty Dog should contribute to any future Crash or Jak game is having the ICE team help the actual developer with getting the engine off the ground. But that wouldn't be anything they don't already do, ICE team already helps with almost all Sony funded games even though they are a part of Naughty Dog. They are in the credits for both Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne FWIW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted is not a realistic game. The writing in something like Jak series is not even comparable to U4 or TLOU. Druckman is good at making characters seem human, which is pretty anti platformer altogether.

Putting easter eggs in a game does not mean they're interested in making cartoony platformers again, in fact I'm pretty sure they said the exact opposite.

The most Naughty Dog should contribute to any future Crash or Jak game is having the ICE team help the actual developer with getting the engine off the ground. But that wouldn't be anything they don't already do, ICE team already helps with almost all Sony funded games even though they are a part of Naughty Dog. They are in the credits for both Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne FWIW.
    You know what I mean... Uncharted has no fantasy aspects outside of how over the top the action is. TLOU has infected enemies but they are grounded in such a way that they could be realistic. Crash and Jak are complete fantasy.

But regardless, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Uncharted has no fantasy aspects outside of how over the top the action is.
    What?

So cursed statues turning people into zombies, fountain of youth turning people into Yetis, Arabian Spirits and elaborate puzzle mechanisms that no one could have made 100s of years ago is no fantasy aspects?

^Only 1-3 spoilers above. Not 4.

TLOU I agree is super realistic, and does zombies in probably the most realistic way they have ever been done. Uncharted on the other hand is pure stylized modern fantasy.

Naughty Dog needs to bring back Crash
    I could swear I saw a few weeks ago a trailer or poster or sth like that with a shadow of crash but dunno where it was...

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

So cursed statues turning people into zombies, fountain of youth turning people into Yetis, Arabian Spirits and elaborate puzzle mechanisms that no one could have made 100s of years ago is no fantasy aspects?

^Only 1-3 spoilers above. Not 4.

TLOU I agree is super realistic, and does zombies in probably the most realistic way they have ever been done. Uncharted on the other hand is pure stylized modern fantasy.
    lol I completely forgot about those parts... probably because they are pretty out of place and are generally the worst parts of those games. The puzzles fall into the category of over the top. Not necessarily fantasy.

But regardless, Jak and Daxter or Crash would be a change of pace for them. I wouldn't mind if they passed it off to a developer they believe in like Sucker Punch did with Sanzaru, but there's this belief that Naughty Dog is "above" Jak and Daxter and Crash now. Not saying it's something you specifically believe but it's a sentiment I've seen alot and I think it's ridiculous.

It's not about being above. It's about it being a waste of talent.

Small indy teams can make great platformers if given funding by Sony. Almost no one can make games like Naughty Dog is currently making. So how about they do what they are the kings at instead of making games anyone can make given the proper budget and care.

Sly 4, Puppeteer, Ratchet and Clank what do all of these have in common? Oh yea they're great platformers funded by Sony over the last 3 years not made by Naughty Dog. Naughty Dog does not need to make a new crash, and a good smaller developer can make a Crash game just as good as they could. That is the point. No one is going to make a Druckman style game as good as Naughty Dog except Naughty Dog.

You think it's ridiculous? Well you don't line your star quarter back up at WR just because he might have world class speed and is very tall because he is a much better contributer at QB, and you can find an athlete without the ability to throw to fill that WR spot. It's really not rocket science, nor is it saying Naughty Dog is "too good" to do it.

As far as them being out of place, umm no. The entire games build up to them and they show you hints of what is coming. Sounds like you haven't played an uncharted game in a long long time. Nothing about the games is grounded outside of the human interaction with each other.

i will murder nathan drake with my bare hands if it means more jak and daxter. last of us can stay.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about being above. It's about it being a waste of talent.

Small indy teams can make great platformers if given funding by Sony. Almost no one can make games like Naughty Dog is currently making. So how about they do what they are the kings at instead of making games anyone can make given the proper budget and care.

Sly 4, Puppeteer, Ratchet and Clank what do all of these have in common? Oh yea they're great platformers funded by Sony over the last 3 years not made by Naughty Dog. Naughty Dog does not need to make a new crash, and a good smaller developer can make a Crash game just as good as they could. That is the point. No one is going to make a Druckman style game as good as Naughty Dog except Naughty Dog.

You think it's ridiculous? Well you don't line your star quarter back up at WR just because he might have world class speed and is very tall because he is a much better contributer at QB, and you can find an athlete without the ability to throw to fill that WR spot. It's really not rocket science, nor is it saying Naughty Dog is "too good" to do it.

As far as them being out of place, umm no. The entire games build up to them and they show you hints of what is coming. Sounds like you haven't played an uncharted game in a long long time. Nothing about the games is grounded outside of the human interaction with each other.
    Like I said before, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I believe The Last of Us is a superior game to Jak and Daxter, but Jak 2 is still my favorite Naughty Dog game. I don't believe that Naughty Dog is "above" Jak and Daxter because it is a great series and with their talent they could modernize it. Sanzaru did a great job with Sly 4 but it didn't reach the peak that Sly 2 or 3 did. If Jak and Daxter comes back I want it done as good as possible and I know that Naughty Dog would be the best team to do it outside of like Insomniac or Sucker Punch but they both have their own shit going on. The last thing I want is for Jak and Daxter to come back, suck, and then die forever. Naughty Dog working on it would pretty much ensure that wouldn't happen.

Regardless, discussing it is pointless because neither of us are going to change our views on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive been saying it for a long time but 3d platformers have been due a revival. there an underserved genre that carries alot of love and nostalgia for gamers and has been practically dead outside nintendo.

oversaturation and shitty imitations killed the genre but all those kids who played mario 64, banjo, ratchet and clank. theyre all grown up now.

also why were seeing so many 90s media revivals/reboots. 90's and early 2000 kids are in the prime nostalgia milking period just like 80's kids were.
    I just want more 2D metroidvania...

Regardless, discussing it is pointless because neither of us are going to change our views on the matter.
    No, but it's not like your opinion matters when it's not going to happen anyways. Difference is I'm not just telling you my opinion I'm telling you the reality of the matter. Naughty Dog is never making a full AAA budget platformer again.

They next projects from Naughty Dog will either be another game in The Last of Us universe or a new IP, then the one after that will be the one that didn't happen first. Naughty Dog is not making a Jak game, Naughty Dog is not making a Crash game. Get over the pipe dream. It's my opinion that they shouldn't, it's a fact that they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it's not like your opinion matters when it's not going to happen anyways. Difference is I'm not just telling you my opinion I'm telling you the reality of the matter. Naughty Dog is never making a full AAA budget platformer again.

They next projects from Naughty Dog will either be another game in The Last of Us universe or a new IP, then the one after that will be the one that didn't happen first. Naughty Dog is not making a Jak game, Naughty Dog is not making a Crash game. Get over the pipe dream. It's my opinion that they shouldn't, it's a fact that they won't.
    I already know that they are going to make Last of Us 2, that much is obvious. But they've said that even though they aren't planning on doing Jak 4 right now, it is still a possibility in the future.

So it isn't a fact that they are never going to make Jak 4. It is simply a fact that they are planning on making TLOU2 first.

platformers can have storylines just as "deep" as uncharted and last of us

uncharted is overrated
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552