Thread: Pit Bull

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Pit Bull

Heard a heated debate today between people who either support or oppose pit bull legislation.

You've probably heard the opposition (or maybe you are one) about the "it's the owner, not the breed". Well lemme say that I think it's all bullshit.

Yes, other breeds attack. Maybe even just a much. Very few breeds carry the same severity of a pit-bull attack.

And this is coming from someone who had the sweetest pit-bull. I think they should be banned flatout.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Heard a heated debate today between people who either support or oppose pit bull legislation.

You've probably heard the opposition (or maybe you are one) about the "it's the owner, not the breed". Well lemme say that I think it's all bullshit.

Yes, other breeds attack. Maybe even just a much. Very few breeds carry the same severity of a pit-bull attack.

And this is coming from someone who had the sweetest pit-bull. I think they should be banned flatout.
    You sound foolish.

There are dogs that are more aggressive naturally than the pitbulls (shar peis) however they aren't banned.

In fact if you really want to have this discussion you have to bring up the fact that attacks by fixed pitts are rare. Extremely rare, fixed pits usually are taken care of, and are proper house dogs with owners that give a damn.

Germans, rotts, mastiffs, all have stronger bites. Especially rots and mastiffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am all for banning PitBull

his music sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    White trash all over Ontario yelled in joy.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

his music sucks.
    Oh come on, I like this song:

In order to justify banning pit bulls, you would need to justify banning several other dog breeds. Pit Bulls aren't supernatural in their power. They're medium-large dogs that have the strength of a large dog. Their behavior is like any other dog. You'd have to eliminate German Shepherds, St. Bernards, Newfoundlands, Rottweilers, any kind of Mastiff, Cane Corsos, Tosa Inus, Gull Dongs, Huskies, Karelian Bear Dogs, Komondors, Irish Wolf Hounds...the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm sure there are some great pit bulls out there, but the breed has just gone to shit. Back in the day, we killed any pitbull that showed aggression towards humans, in order to eliminate that dog from breeding and the aggression being carried on to the next generation.

Now people are specifically buying pitbulls and breeding them for aggression and that's why we're having the problems we are now. It's bec me a dangerous breed because we are breeding it for dangerous qualities.

I'm glad they are starting to get banned. We've proven we can't handle the breed.
    You were the one who agreed in the other thread about the fixing issue, considering that attacks by fixed pitts are very rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to have a couple pit bulls, had a lot of them growing up. Was forced into watching my old man raise fight dogs in early years and saw how nasty they can be. But all about how they are raised. Seen a yellow lab fuck up a kid way worse than any pit bull, no need to ban them.

My opinion is that people specifically breeding for aggression ruined the breed. And I love pit bulls, they are very sweet...I don't know if I support a ban as much as I support legislation that makes breeding any dog specifically for aggression punishable with jail time and civil penalties, and breeding/training/owning a dog for guarding purposes should require a license.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2013.php

his music sucks.
    Hahahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Used to have a couple pit bulls, had a lot of them growing up. Was forced into watching my old man raise fight dogs in early years and saw how nasty they can be. But all about how they are raised. Seen a yellow lab fuck up a kid way worse than any pit bull, no need to ban them.
    A family's child was killed when their lab tore off their kids limb.

That very same family had a second child attacked by another dog they had months later. They were both left alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    My opinion is that people specifically breeding for aggression ruined the breed. And I love pit bulls, they are very sweet...I don't know if I support a ban as much as I support legislation that makes breeding any dog specifically for aggression punishable with jail time and civil penalties, and breeding/owning a dog for guarding purposes should require a license.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2013.php

Hahahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread.
    dogsbite is the most, bias website in existence when it comes to this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support the euthanasia of Pitbull, effective immediately.

Then he could be Mr. Underworld-wide.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    dogsbite is the most, bias website in existence when it comes to this issue.
    I disagree, but if you have a better website about dog bite statistics feel free to link it. The Wikipedia info regarding dog bite fatalities has similar statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Owners create their dog, sure there are some exceptions but for the most part it is how you raise them. I have three rottweillers, I never leave them around my younger children or their friends alone, despite all of 3 of them being big babies. Dog owners need to be smart or not own dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I"m just happy not seeing douchebag walking down my street with this monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I disagree, but if you have a better website about dog bite statistics feel free to link it. The Wikipedia info regarding dog bite fatalities has similar statistics.
    And the CDC.

It could be possible that Pits are unfortunately more popular among poor people tho.

I was hoping this would be a Pit Bull (singer) thread so we have some laughs. =(

And the CDC.

It could be possible that Pits are unfortunately more popular among poor people tho.
    The CDC is against any banning of any breed... they are for owner responsibility, and individual dogs... dogsbite loves to quote the CDC and leave out what the CDC actually believes.

Perhaps it's because the dogs aren't fixed, attacks by fixed pitts are rare as I brought up previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The CDC is against any banning of any breed... they are for owner responsibility, and individual dogs... dogsbite loves to quote the CDC and leave out what the CDC actually believes.

Perhaps it's because the dogs aren't fixed, attacks by fixed pitts are rare as I brought up previously.
    Source.

And what the CDC believes is irrelevant to their findings about dog attacks, which are, you guessed it, dominated by pit bulls.

10+ Year Old Account

his music sucks.
    This. A lot of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Source.

And what the CDC believes is irrelevant to their findings about dog attacks, which are, you guessed it, dominated by pit bulls.
    Does that even matter if they're not fixed? Clearly the issue should be "unfixed bulls" and not instantly "all pit bulls are bad, even though all the fixed ones aren't the problem" dogbites links to it, it's near the bottom in their recommendations.