Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think one of the marks of a good raid leader is someone who can hold their raiders accountable for their performance while being respectful at the same time. Yelling at your raiders/ raging in general is a sign of an ineffective leader. That's my philosophy anyway and feedback from my raiders suggests that it's a good approach.

Well theres no reason to have teamwork in LFR. Everyone can join and dont say a word, bosses will die. In mythic raiding teamwork in required, its more stressful for the whole raid and each person, you compete directly with others for a spot in the raid and you gotta perform 100% no matter your role.

With that mixture, people can get pissed off at eachother. Someone fails to often or whatever.

LFR dont require anything else than queue up, accept when queue pops and attack boss/trash mobs.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    The amount of guild adverts I read in /2 "<Guild name> 8/10 hc looking to fill up roster for mythic" - just... why? I can't find a guild that will raid hc and STAY hc. It's always a bunch of mythic tryhards paired with social raiders. Just doesn't end well. I don't know if this is down to any specific WoD system, but I have resigned to the fact that I will not be raiding until 7.1.
    I agree with a lot of this. A big problem in my guild is a major disagreement between what the guild master wants for the guild's raid team and what the raid leader wants (and individual preferences of the raiders further disagree). Every raid team needs to BEGIN with exactly what the expectations of the raid team are, and then whoever wants something different knows immediately to not be there (or not bother being recruited). Otherwise what happens is a major political battle to determine the fate of the raid team, which gets really ugly. In some cases, resulting in the loss of half or more of the guild's raiders.

Inclusion is great in a lot of contexts, but for raid teams inclusiveness in terms of raid preferences is a terrible thing. Social raiders should absolutely not be teamed up with progression raiders. Segregation, segregation, segregation, please.

nope like everything else it's just who you are grouped with. at least with lfr you usually only have to deal with an asshat once but your chances of running into one are higher. Personally though the reason I stopped organized raiding was due to the behavior of other raiders. Maybe the raid leads weren't the best or I would have found a good group if I had kept trying but after a few years of constantly having to listen to a raid team member whine or bitch about somebody else getting the loot piece they wanted or somebody ignoring strat or an add they were suppose to get to pad their dps numbers i had enough

It's hard to find toxicity in LFR because almost no one talks in there.

All relevant players are outside - you middle aged women are temporarily filling up raid spots, enjoy it while it lasts.

Deleted
    The second they would introduce any sort of fail state to LFR that would force people to actually play the game all your fellow LFR players would turn into raging imbeciles. Other than that, don't join shit guilds i guess.

There's also nothing wrong with holding people accountable for their mistakes. It can't always be jokes and dropping all of your toys from the toy tab to impress us all and put on a show. The raid leader doesn't always need to surround his words with rainbows and kittens so that peoples' feelings don't get hurt. That doesn't make it a "toxic" environment. It's a lot harder to filter good players from Farmville heroes with ilvl boosts and 0 raid experience these days. So when those people infiltrate a raid and get run over by every single train, it's ok to call them out and it's ok to give them crap.

You're not playing with the right people.

Deleted
    It's a shame that peopel are like that, but I can assure you there are a lot of people who are nice and kind. There are a lot of runs where yiu don't talk in the lower raiding levels, but yiu have to communicate when you get to the higher levels and that is where things can go wrong, when people start getting toxic :/

Deleted
    everytime i join a heroic pug theres atleast one guy on darmac saying this "omg whys there no 4th mount?!?!?! LOL IM SO GOOD LMAO,and those are usually people with 3/10~ progress now..." and then me and my friends are sitting in our guild ts and think "the fuck,thats why i hate pugs" and that continues the whole run,and in most cases these people are the toxic ones hating and insulting people that die on easy mechanics ,can only speak for myself but if i join a random heroic pug im silent cause i just dont really care about it at all.

I'm a raid leader, and my raids are so chill you'd swear we're all high.

Deleted
    I find the true casual guilds to be rather nice, I find the proper Mythic raiding guilds to be quite nice as well, it's the inbetweens where I find this to be a problem. You know the groups that raid 10+hours a week and are sat at 10/10 HC or maybe 3/10 mythic, these guilds are generally filled with a large variance of both skill level and attitude towards raiding which creates serious friction and imo a very unstable raid environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I don't know what you mean. Pleasant, as in easy-going? Well yeah, its LFR. The difficulty in there is low. Mythic on the other hand requires you to be competing with you fellow raiders on everything, depending on your role.
    It turns out, a game where people are constantly getting voted off the island isn't as much fun when it's you playing it.

At least, it's not fun for normal, non-sociopathic people.

Pugging is more toxic in my experience. Lfr is just going in and facerolling, with maybe a raid announcement on fight strategy (lol) if there is somehow a wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    I been in raid where raid lead never rage, it didn't get far, I also been in raid where raid lead rage at raider making mistake and that guild down 10/10 Mythic BRF. If raging progress raid, I believe it is better then the raid that doesn't have a raid lead that rage. Of course I am not encouraging raging pointlessly, rage must have a purpose/reason. I have seen raid leader that rage without specific reason or purpose, that is just simply bad play...
    I`m agree with you
    I never have encounter over ragging RL in any guild where i have been yes some get more rage than others its in their nature but like you say its prety depends what your ppl are doing.
    Let me explain something for High end guild raid leaders
    When you join in guild like that ppl expect that you not fail to simple game mechanics especially these who comes from Normal/Heroic because if you do that on Mythic you can wipe the entire raid 95% of the cases.If you mess up then do not wonder that ppl scream at you its the part of raid.I just swap my guild recently and i do series of really terrible mistakes this reset and my RL get just crazy But i accept that because i was mistaken in situations who are obvius and easy to avoid.But on the other day ppl just say at me that that was their most funny wednesday .From your post looks that you cant handle with any criticism
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-06-13 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it is. the heroic and mythic raiders(and top tier pvpers even more so) tend to be insufferable douchebags that think lesser of others and are nothing but a human-shaped sewage outlet.
    This speaks of bad experiences only.

Nothing else.