Blizzard Wishlist!!

How to fix WoW(wod)?

●Less superhero focus
    - remove the "you are the hero" and implement the good old "explorer" storyline, where you happen to be at the right places at the right times instead of saving the world yourself. Though, wod leveling experience is the best so far.

●Return proffessions to its glory days(TBC)
    -the more effort you put into the proffession, the better the reward. Make it feel special. Give the players a reason why to learn the certain proff.

●Progression based raiding(TBC)
    -I didn't mind not being able to down either the black temple or the sunwell plateu. What we got now is mythic mode instead of harder content with a proper progression path, which I find a shame. I know this is very subjective, but all the people I have talked to doesn't really mind not being able to clear everything at the very beginning of raid-release. The sense of having a little harder raid progression that you spend a longer period of time on will leave you with a much larger sense of accomplishment.
    - ICC is a good example, as Blizz at the end of WOTLK nerfed it (buffed players), giving everyone the chance at downing the Lich King with some effort.Thats exactly how every mid-end game content should be.

●Attunements?
    -makes it feel much more awesome when you actually enter the raid after you've done a storyline , and gives the raid's existense a meaning. Not just something you enter in order to gain loot.
    -And of course, if the attunement is going to be somewhat longer and epic, make it account bound.

●Rep factions
    - daily quests and farming posibilities w/ meaningful rewards as mounts, epics, recipies and more fun items.

●Main city hub

●Only 2 difficulties(N/ HC)
    - cut down from 4 difficulties, as people are feeling forced to run every mode possible to gain slight upgrades. This burns out players from what could have been an awesome raid, into a grind thats no fun. The harder and more gear demanding the raid is, the more reason people will have to farm dungeons, reps etc. in order to get the gear required.
    - implement the LFR tool into normal, and somehow remove LFR, as its not presenting the real raiding experience nor contributing much to the game's community.

●Removal of mythic ?
    -less than 4% of accomplish it
    -takes the focus away from making more content for the majority
    -If you want something like mythic difficulty I suggest we look back at Ulduar and the hardmodes. Excelent example of how it should have been implemented.
    -make HC harder instead.

●LFG tuning
    -Make it so that you actually have to unlock the instance you want to que up for. Ex. showing up and/or doing short quest chain.

●Raids and dungeons
    -add more dungs&raids.
    -add reasons to run them, ex. mount drops from dungeons.

●Content gets old too quick
    -WoW should take a look at how their content gets outdated, making earlier content in an expansion nearly useless in a very short period of time.

●Dont throw loot at players
    -'let epic stay epic'.

●Catchup mechanics (ex.gearing alts)
    -this is where I feel WoW is somewhat misguided. Content outscales itself at a very fast pace thanks to the different isles they started making in order for you to get tons of free epics quickly. If you are able to get more than enough free epics just by killing rares (even though blizz redefined rares as not really rare anymore, but enough of that), why would you then run older content? Or even worse, what does the progression mean if you can just jump into high end raids that some people spent a long time reaching, just because you got full epics in one day just by farming mobs?

●Make flying slower?
    -makes groundmounts more attractive. This is ofcourse, if they were to insert flying, again.

●New class/race

●"Revamp" of the talent tree
    -as of now, the talent tree doesnt feel like a fun way to improve your character. The 'old' talent tree allowed a player to put multiple points into many different slots, making it feel more alive, and which now is just a "spellpickers book".

●Make classes unique and interesting
    -class quests(quests to obtain cool spells, forms and weapons).

●Stat removal
    - Remove Versitility. It's meaningless and not fun at all.

●Get rid of the Garrison
    -it's a antisocial wowkiller in my honest opinion as it forces you to do all the addictive and ridiciously repetative stuff alone and afk. Wow should be 'forcing' you to sociallize to some degree, not making you even more of a solo player, as im damn sure thats not the reason we play WoW. It was a nice idea at first, and it was quite fun to begin with, but unfortunately it feels like WOD is built around garrisons.
    Hopefully you will agree with some of these points, and obviously some not. And allthough this might seem as a proporsition to more grind, thats kinda what makes content last longer. Grinding is not a bad thing in MMOrpgs, as it lets you explore the world, meet new people and much, much more.
    Thank you
    Last edited by krispyfor; 2015-06-11 at 12:48 PM.

Though, wod leveling experience is the best so far.
    I think WotLK was the best leveling experience. You had the freedom to do whatever you like, not being forced into quest chains and garrison quests to progress. Also, the way that LK made appearances throughout your journey was great... Now it's "enter zone in point 1, get quests A,B, if you do them, then get C,D and move a little further, then get E,F oh wait, I'm already green, need to move to another zone if I want to be efficient or stay here and get shit XP if I care about the story, what should I do?"...

oh look its 2008 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by krispyfor View Post
    ●Less superhero focus
    - remove the "you are the hero" and implement the good old "explorer" storyline, where you happen to be at the right places at the right times instead of saving the world yourself. Though, wod leveling experience is the best so far.
    Not gonna happen now, and I honestly don't mind being part of the focus for the story. I enjoy feeling like I have an actual point of being here and not just a random adventurer.

●Return proffessions to its glory days(TBC)
    -the more effort you put into the proffession, the better the reward. Make it feel special. Give the players a reason why to learn the certain proff.
    They have, in a sense. The issue is that all crafting is gated by 4 hour building orders / daily cooldowns that makes crafting feel like a janky mechanic. That goes triple for gathering professions too.

●Progression based raiding(TBC)
    -I didn't mind not being able to down either the black temple or the sunwell plateu. What we got now is mythic mode instead of harder content with a proper progression path, which I find a shame. I know this is very subjective, but all the people I have talked to doesn't really mind not being able to clear everything at the very beginning of raid-release. The sense of having a little harder raid progression that you spend a longer period of time on will leave you with a much larger sense of accomplishment.
    I don't get it. There is a progression line. You do Heroic Dungeons / LFR -> Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic. This has been progression since day 1.

If you mean gated content i.e. going from Highmaul -> Blackrock -> Hellfire, then no. Fuck no. So many problems occurred from both Vanilla and TBC times, which is why it was changed in WotLK.

- ICC is a good example, as Blizz at the end of WOTLK nerfed it (buffed players), giving everyone the chance at downing the Lich King with some effort.Thats exactly how every mid-end game content should be.
    And how it will be in WoD. When 6.2 comes out, Highmaul and Blackrock will be receiving nerfs, so I've read some weeks ago in a blue post.

●Attunements?
    -makes it feel much more awesome when you actually enter the raid after you've done a storyline , and gives the raid's existense a meaning. Not just something you enter in order to gain loot.
    -And of course, if the attunement is going to be somewhat longer and epic, make it account bound.
    Again, fuck no. Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it was to attune new guildies to a raid back then? And if you want linear progression on top of that, then you'd have to gear up said player, then go attune their ass, THEN start raiding. And if they left? Well you just wasted time and effort and might have to restart that all over again.

That is the reason why we no longer have attunements, as fun as they were.

●Rep factions
    - daily quests and farming posibilities w/ meaningful rewards as mounts, epics, recipies and more fun items.
    We already have those rewards. What we need is a better way to increase rep. I still maintain that the faction tabard system was the best system. It at least got people running heroics.

●Main city hub
    Would be nice. Would have been great to have Shattrath city as a neutral capital again.

●Only 2 difficulties(N/ HC)
    - cut down from 4 difficulties, as people are feeling forced to run every mode possible to gain slight upgrades. This burns out players from what could have been an awesome raid, into a grind thats no fun. The harder and more gear demanding the raid is, the more reason people will have to farm dungeons, reps etc. in order to get the gear required.
    - implement the LFR tool into normal, and somehow remove LFR, as its not presenting the real raiding experience nor contributing much to the game's community.
    Laughable point, but I'll entertain it with a reply. If you feel "forced" to do LFR then you either have no meaningful desire to run normals, you have no guild, or you can't be bothered to find one. Essentially that's YOUR problem, and not Blizzards. And LFR isn't there to "present the real raiding experience". It's a tourist mode for casual players to get to see the content, and be offered rewards accordingly i.e. 15 item levels lower than Normal gear. As to contribution; it's done a hell of a lot more to contribute than heroic / mythic raiding has. It does its job, and does it bloody well.

Rant aside, I believe there should be three difficulties; LFR, Normal, and Heroic--your Easy, Normal, Hard difficulties.

●Removal of mythic ?
    -less than 4% of accomplish it
    -takes the focus away from making more content for the majority
    -If you want something like mythic difficulty I suggest we look back at Ulduar and the hardmodes. Excelent example of how it should have been implemented.
    -make HC harder instead.
    Mythic is fine. What it should be, however, is changed to Heroic mode. LFR should be your easymode / cut mechanics mode; Normal should be as the raid is intended; Heroic/Mythic/Whatever-Name-You-Want should be for the better players, with more/different mechanics.

●LFG tuning
    -Make it so that you actually have to unlock the instance you want to que up for. Ex. showing up and/or doing short quest chain.
    I believe this was done in Cataclysm and then scrapped pretty early. However I do think it is a nice idea. In the very least, have it so you unlock a dungeon tied to a specific storyline quest line that is accountbound.

●Raids and dungeons
    -add more dungs&raids.
    -add reasons to run them, ex. mount drops from dungeons.
    100% for this.

●Content gets old too quick
    -WoW should take a look at how their content gets outdated, making earlier content in an expansion nearly useless in a very short period of time.
    That's just how things work. It doesn't take a genius to work out that newer raids = better gear = older raids becoming outdated.

●Dont throw loot at players
    -'let epic stay epic'.
    Such an archaic way of thinking that astounds me to no end as to how smart creatures such as humans can allow something as trivial and stupid as purple text rule their thought process.

I don't give a fuck if my gear is blue, or purple, or orange, or rainbow with sparkles. The only thing I care about my gear is: The look; The secondary stats; The item level. No where in that line of judgment do I think "I don't wanna wear this, it's not epic!"

●Catchup mechanics (ex.gearing alts)
    -this is where I feel WoW is somewhat misguided. Content outscales itself at a very fast pace thanks to the different isles they started making in order for you to get tons of free epics quickly. If you are able to get more than enough free epics just by killing rares (even though blizz redefined rares as not really rare anymore, but enough of that), why would you then run older content? Or even worse, what does the progression mean if you can just jump into high end raids that some people spent a long time reaching, just because you got full epics in one day just by farming mobs?
    I haven't a care about this, because it doesn't ruin my own in-game experience. More people can catch up with my item level? Awesome, that means there's more tanks, more healers, more mages etc on the market for me or my guild to recruit should we need spaces filled. Doesn't mean they're any good, but if they're returning players then that probably means they have a good head on their shoulders anyway.

●Make flying slower?
    -makes groundmounts more attractive. This is ofcourse, if they were to insert flying, again.
    Nothing will ever make a ground mount more attractive than a flying mount. In fact, even if you cut flying speeds to 60% as compared to Ground's 100%, you wouldn't make ground mounts more attractive. Why? Because you don't have to worry about terrain geometry, getting knocked off your mount, and other annoying shit while you're flying.

The way Blizz has reintegrated flying is perfect. Long-ass meta achievement with a great reward convenience in the form of flying by the end of it.

●New class/race
    Again, 100% agree with.

●"Revamp" of the talent tree
    -as of now, the talent tree doesnt feel like a fun way to improve your character. The 'old' talent tree allowed a player to put multiple points into many different slots, making it feel more alive, and which now is just a "spellpickers book".
    Not even going to get into this god-forsaken waste of time point.

●Make classes unique and interesting
    -class quests(quests to obtain cool spells, forms and weapons).
    We do need more class quests, yes.

●Stat removal
    - Remove Versitility. It's meaningless and not fun at all.
    100% with this. Can't think of a single class / spec that has a use for versatility.

●Get rid of the Garrison
    -it's a antisocial wowkiller in my honest opinion as it forces you to do all the addictive and ridiciously repetative stuff alone and afk. Wow should be 'forcing' you to sociallize to some degree, not making you even more of a solo player, as im damn sure thats not the reason we play WoW. It was a nice idea at first, and it was quite fun to begin with, but unfortunately it feels like WOD is built around garrisons.
    As much as I had fun at the start of the expansion with the garrison, it got old. Quick.

Hopefully you will agree with some of these points, and obviously some not. And allthough this might seem as a proporsition to more grind, thats kinda what makes content last longer. Grinding is not a bad thing in MMOrpgs, as it lets you explore the world, meet new people and much, much more.
    Thank you
    Grinding isn't a bad thing, no. But boring-ass repetition of things day in and day out is.