15+ Year Old Account

[Music] Muse Drones

What do you guys think about Muse's new album Drones that was just released today? So far I find it pretty good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I love Muse. I should probably check this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man... I'm kinda reluctant, REALLY hated their last album, is this one any better or more of the same?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I dunno man... I'm kinda reluctant, REALLY hated their last album, is this one any better or more of the same?
    Ill let you know when I finish listening to it. I have been listening to one of my new books that has just came out(lets just say, these past two days have been good to me). I am on the 6th song right, Reapers was pretty good. Drill Sergeant reminds me of Marilyn Manson some.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. wait...

Old School awesome Manson, or new school "LoL I'm so weird" Manson?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's their return to the road to form for me. It's certainly not their best effort, but nullifies the horror of the last album nicely.

Top 3 tracks:

The Handler
    Mercy
    Globalisation
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Not bad. Better than 2nd Law, not as good as The Resistance, or even before. Good of them to go back to that good 3 piece heavy band sound though. It falls a bit short by virtue of being a pretty heavy handed political album though. Not that there's anything really wrong with that as a concept, it was just a bit hamfisted.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Not bad. Better than 2nd Law, not as good as The Resistance, or even before. Good of them to go back to that good 3 piece heavy band sound though. It falls a bit short by virtue of being a pretty heavy handed political album though. Not that there's anything really wrong with that as a concept, it was just a bit hamfisted.
    I disagree. I have been a Muse fan since long before they became big outside of the UK and Drones kicks the ever living shit out of their last few albums. Sure, it isn't Absolution good, but it is honestly their best record since Black Holes and Revelations, maybe even better than it. But it has a lot of the qualities that existed in their last 3 records. Maybe as a musician myself, I appreciate the operatic/orchestra stylings of the track Drones, which is certainly different from what they have done in the past, I can see it being unappealing to most listeners though. But every single track is great, and I hear a lot of different influences coming through on this album in the writing. I will say this though, I wish they had made it a double album and gone with a bit more of the crazy killer idea for a couple of extra tracks to make it into more of a concept album with a theme, it seemed to deviate quickly from that idea pretty fast I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Ill have to agree with you(omg I am agreeing with tradewind?).

Honestly I find the whole war theme thing kinda repetitive. It feels too focused on it. THe Reaper was my favorite song out of the album.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ill have to agree with you(omg I am agreeing with tradewind?).

Honestly I find the whole war theme thing kinda repetitive. It feels too focused on it. THe Reaper was my favorite song out of the album.
    I think that was the point of the album though, the album title pretty much outlines it in a nutshell. And why not write about it, war has become a big part of international issues in the last few years.