Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Ya. SoO tier gier is actually really good for it, since it has alot of crit/mastery with alot of yellow/red sockets.
    Made me remember that i did put most of it in my void storage

Quote Originally Posted by fruitshoot View Post
    Do level appropriate items say shadowmourne does it still get scaled down to 160 in wotlk instance or does it stay at 284?
    Everything is scaled down, even on-use pots, flaskes, food, etc. Even equipment that was current for the expansion (so shadowmourne for WotLK, Warglaives for BC) gets scaled down to the dungeon's ilvl. This does not mean those special weapons are useless, just means slightly less powerful than god-tier.

I go into this and alot of other shit regarding TW dungeons in an article I wrote a bit ago; http://pwncastdailyquest.com/gearing...lker-dungeons/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    I go into this and alot of other shit regarding TW dungeons in an article I wrote a bit ago; http://pwncastdailyquest.com/gearing...lker-dungeons/
    Great article!
    You should add 'Living Steel Belt Buckle' for the additional Gem slot for Waist.

Basically it's MoP CM again: get as much gem slots as possible.

As Arms I will run with:
    - T14 2p (25% more MS damage): Head (with MoP Legendary Meta) + Shoulders
    - T12 2p (10% more physical damage done for 12sec after CS): Chest + Gloves
    - T13 Legs (3 red sockets OP!)
    - Weapon: Shadowmourne (Dancing Steel)
    - Rings: WoD Legendary + ICC Exalted
    - Trinkets: Deathbringer's Will (yay!) + ???
    - Cloak: MoP Legendary
    - not sure about the rest, yet

- probably T6 2p (10% more execute damage) with Wrist/Bracer/Boots for BC dungeons.
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-06-16 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    Few questions:

Does Mastery still exist when you scale down to 70? As in, is it active?
    Are you guys gemming strength or crit? (or mastery for that matter, how much crit do we get at the end of it?)
    MoP meta worth it, or would a 476 engineering goggle helm be better?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The big question is do I go shadowmourne/gurth, or double gurth, how many tentacles are too many?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Few questions:

Does Mastery still exist when you scale down to 70? As in, is it active?
    Are you guys gemming strength or crit? (or mastery for that matter, how much crit do we get at the end of it?)
    MoP meta worth it, or would a 476 engineering goggle helm be better?
    1. Ya you still have your mastery and it still works. You don't lose anything ability or passive-wise when scaled down.
    2. Im gemming strength. My WoD gems gave +16 crit rating, and the primary stat gems gave +10 str, so I went with strength since it is weighted much heavier as a DPS stat. Used the same philosophy for enchants (including going for Dancing Steel), except obviously where I could not enchant strength (cloak/neck/etc)
    3. Up to you. I assume you would go with goggles for the massive influx of secondaries on the cog, but I'd reckon the cog gets scaled down as the gems do. I'd have to see what it scaled down to before comparing, but I will say the chain lightning is really nice since youre usually pulling 3-5 mobs at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The big question is do I go shadowmourne/gurth, or double gurth, how many tentacles are too many?
    Sadly, last time I checked on the ptr (few weeks ago) the tentacles' mind flay ability still had a 100% miss chance :C Although I still decided to test dual gurths for an entire run to get a feel for proc chance, and it procced a shit load with the cape (it was like having mini-bladestorm). I'm not sure they'll fix it, since I've tweeted to Ion about it as well as reported the bug in the Timewalker thread in the ptr forums. I hope they do fix it though, would be absolutely hilarious to use them again.
    Last edited by Jaybee9084; 2015-06-16 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    I noticed the Mind Flay ability was missing 24/7 even on level 60 dummies, really sad to see!

Hm, okay that's somewhat troublesome as strength gems tend to be hard to get hold of - but thanks! Have you managed to test the Berserker Enchant for Fury? I've noticed on my Rogue Twink it could proc twice from the same weapon - managed to get 3 Berserker buffs up at the same time and unless the spreadsheet I had was wrong it was 80 or 90 attack power which would prove better than Dancing Steel? I presume Crusader is still shit though :/

Damn shame, Gurth was hilariously OP in Dragon Soul.. Unless it didn't proc or procced out of range of the target (hello Ultraxion), and it was shit. I guess they did this change with the number squish, they also broke the Yogg Saron 10man trinket tentacle to do no damage.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny, because Blood of the Old God still has a relatively large proc of 1284 AP.

Also, regarding Gurth, the way it worked back in DS as Fury was that it had a 50% lower chance to proc of off the off-hand one, if you had two equipped. Yes, I played Fury in Dragon Soul, was amazing fun with the 27% hit build.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Funny, because Blood of the Old God still has a relatively large proc of 1284 AP.
    According to wowhead the tooltip is wrong. It is 178 AP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Yes, I played Fury in Dragon Soul
    I don't even know you anymore

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Great article!
    You should add 'Living Steel Belt Buckle' for the additional Gem slot for Waist.

Basically it's MoP CM again: get as much gem slots as possible.

As Arms I will run with:
    - T14 2p (25% more MS damage): Head (with MoP Legendary Meta) + Shoulders
    - T12 2p (10% more physical damage done for 12sec after CS): Chest + Gloves
    - T13 Legs (3 red sockets OP!)
    - Weapon: Shadowmourne (Dancing Steel)
    - Rings: WoD Legendary + ICC Exalted
    - Trinkets: Deathbringer's Will (yay!) + ???
    - Cloak: MoP Legendary
    - not sure about the rest, yet

- probably T6 2p (10% more execute damage) with Wrist/Bracer/Boots for BC dungeons.
    why not 2 pieces of t6 for +10% execute damage?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm deciding about arms or fury for timewalking dungeons... shadowmourne + Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (for op proc) or Bryntroll with 3 red str gems are amazing.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Long story short, I usually like to play whatever people say is wrong.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Long story short, I usually like to play whatever people say is wrong.
    So you Glad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm deciding about arms or fury for timewalking dungeons... shadowmourne + Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (for op proc) or Bryntroll with 3 red str gems are amazing.
    I'm not sure the 10% execute damage is worth the loss of optimized stats and gem sockets that alternative pieces would have. Also, Gurth's tentacle has a 100% miss chance on it's mind flay atm, so it is fairly useless until that is fixed. Brynntroll is pretty fast so its wep damage is low, proc does not make up for that imo, plus no socket bonus since youre going for 3 str gems. Go for Sulfuras, the Extinguished Hand off rag in firelands, 3.8 swing speed and 3 red gem slots can't be beaten. Or go with the sha-touuched 2 hander if you've completed the part of the legendary cloak quest that gives you a socket and a 50 str gem.
    Last edited by Jaybee9084; 2015-06-17 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post

- - - Updated - - -

As Jaybee already mentioned:
    I'm not sure whether T6 2p will be worth it if you already have better Crit/Mastery gear (Wrist/Waist/Boots) with Sockets. Definitely not for the 5 main slots.

Arms all the way! I tend to avoid current Fury as much as I can (because it sucks).

For me the timewalker dungeons are all about the fun, I ran them so much back in the days that there is nothing new to the dungeon itself so I will have massive fun with some friends on the group using my legendarys Not sure how long it will be fun though, have to check that out in time.

Bone-Link Fetish doesn't seem to proc @ lv 100 :<

Deleted
    That requires 3 other people, and as such isnt really a solo farm.

Thanks for the input though.