Thread: 5 man Evolution

5 man Evolution

How can you improve five's men's? So if you could do anything to five men's improve them completely changed up or even update them for a patch or even a expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLord88
    I would remake from the crown up, separated from raid, separate stats from raiding, everything else. Another thing will be is giving 5 man 8 levels of difficulty instead of 3. 5 man have all the potential to be their own way and be enjoyable at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I'd steer 5-mans into something similar to what Halls of Reflection was, in the sense that the dungeon felt like a consistently flowing series of events (hell, all 3 of those dungeons combined with their larger arch was a neat touch). Or at the very least vary encounters more so it's not just a series of X boringly generic boss fight(s).

Example, a dungeon that flows as mainly one large scenario. Like say you're infiltrating an Iron Horde compound and for some reason or another the alarm sounds and you're suddenly being chased down by orcs galore. With your team going from section to section to either stop them from reaching you (sealing doors) or otherwise slowing them down (someone manning artillery).

Hell, even a somewhat joke-ish dungeons that could just be a giant reference to something. Like a Tower-defense dungeon ( I think we got one of those ) of even a WoW-Style reaction of the Battle for Helms Deeps.

Basically, do what 3-man Scenarios SHOULD have been and make them 5-man. Oh, and modify tank/heal/dps group makeup requirements based on dungeon design, not everything needs to be so cookie-cutter.

That quote, it looks like language but not any I've seen.

the quote is not helpful, as it's explanation of what it is after is terrible

Deleted
    I don't understand

Deleted
    Was this text written by a computer program?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Was this text written by a computer program?
    No he is a real person but because of English not being his first language (not bashing the OP) his posts are hard to read and ideas difficult to understand. What I'm getting from this is 8 difficulties (no idea why) with Diamond being the highest. Everything else like "separated from rates" and "separate stats from grading" I can't understand.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-06-12 at 06:02 AM.

Maybe they should add a timed version that awards bronze/silver/gold based on how quickly you clear it, with cool transmog rewards.

And even a harder Mythic version that awards more loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlord88 View Post
    If you could read make 5 man what will you do? yes you reading this
    You do not understand. Everyone can read your first sentence just fine. Broken English is fine as long as you can get your point across but this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord88
    I would remake from the crown up, separated from rates, separate stats from grading, everything else. Another thing will be is giving 5 man eight levels of difficulty instead of 3. Diamonds have all the potential to be their own way and be enjoyable at the same time.
    is what people are struggling with in understanding. Is there a way for you to reword this bit so people understand what it is you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You do not understand. Everyone can read your first sentence just fine. Broken English is fine as long as you can get your point across but this:
    is what people are struggling with in understanding. Is there a way for you to reword this bit so people understand what it is you are saying?
    i fix I didn't reread it two times Yes I'm sorry proofreading is a must

Deleted
    At least he got "their" right.

Nothing but tune them to be not entirely faceroll. They way classes are balanced doesn't work in five mans.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Nothing but tune them to be not entirely faceroll. They way classes are balanced doesn't work in five mans.
    I believe Blizzard tried this during tier 11 of Cataclysm; and no, they were not over-tuned.

I'd steer 5-mans into something similar to what Halls of Reflection was, in the sense that the dungeon felt like a consistently flowing series of events (hell, all 3 of those dungeons combined with their larger arch was a neat touch). Or at the very least vary encounters more so it's not just a series of X boringly generic boss fight(s).

Example, a dungeon that flows as mainly one large scenario. Like say you're infiltrating an Iron Horde compound and for some reason or another the alarm sounds and you're suddenly being chased down by orcs galore. With your team going from section to section to either stop them from reaching you (sealing doors) or otherwise slowing them down (someone manning artillery).

Hell, even a somewhat joke-ish dungeons that could just be a giant reference to something. Like a Tower-defense dungeon ( I think we got one of those ) of even a WoW-Style reaction of the Battle for Helms Deeps.

Basically, do what 3-man Scenarios SHOULD have been and make them 5-man. Oh, and modify tank/heal/dps group makeup requirements based on dungeon design, not everything needs to be so cookie-cutter.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post

Geez where do I start. Well done well done! Yes 5 man are a block off operation you will write but five mans are still a ways away from of balding beyond the notions of BC and a lot of what you're saying is valid that's where I was going out with my ideas, well an example is the halls of reflection. We force out the mighty artifice from out of his throne to pick up his sword we almost killed him, why the raider make through the front door. remember this five mans don't have to use the back door we can always make our own door. In my honest opinion for five mans to open the BC seal more than 60%, the roles of tanks, healers and DBS is the step in the right direction but the stats they use specifically for five mans needs to be change or is well. Always keep this in mind at enemy force may have it unyielding defense but simple operation can turn around and open the door for the Army's always. Keep this in mind there is always more possibilities open.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of a progression with 5 mans, and I think they are experimenting with that a bit with Mythic Dungeons. If people actually like them, then we could see that idea developed more into the next expansion.

I like the idea of having some dungeons that get away from the tank/healer/3 dps standard, just to mix things up and do something different. Since you have to account for queue times you really could only do 4 dps 1 tank/healer, or maybe 5 dps, but it could be done in a fun way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of scaling the gear back to the iLvl dropped in the difficulty of that dungeon. The rewards have to be appropriate to the time invested though. Reason I did dungeons previously was the Valor. There's absolutely no reward for me to run them right now.

I also like the idea of getting 4 friends and traveling to the dungeon rather than queuing up.

I guess I'm talking about Challenge Modes... but I'm not really interested in the time limit aspect.

Let's see how Timewalking and Mythic goes. Maybe they're on to something.

Deleted
    The first evolution I'd make is to make them 6-man dungeons. 4 dps spots. This would reduce queue times without (usually) putting too much strain on the healer.

Next, I'd devolve the group finder so that it finds the group but doesn't teleport you there. I've recently been soloing achievements in MoP dungeons and was astonished at how few I knew where to find the entrance for, something I have no issue with for WotLK/Vanilla dungeons 'cause I used to have to run there. It's sad really, travel is a major part of fantasy. Think how crap Lord of the Rings would have been if they'd just ported instantly to Mordor (or even if they'd just used the Eagles from the start!)

I'd up the difficulty of the boss fights. In Heroic/Mythic modes I'd make certain mechanics a little bit more do-or-die (or closer to that at least). The main reason isn't because I'm a masochist or that I harbour a hatred for noobs but rather I think it would encourage communication. People would stop before bosses to quickly make sure all know the tactics etc. I'd also want to see at least 1 additional mechanic added per boss for mythic.

I'd also change the way dungeons & raids interact in terms of gearing;
    Currently (including 6.2 here too) it is N Dung > H Dung > LFR > N Raid > M Dung/H Raid > M Raid
    I'd move it to the more logical N Dung/LFR > N Raid > H Dung > H Raid > M Dung > M Raid.
    Current dungeon lockouts would remain (5/hr N, 1/day H, 1/week M).