Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Movies are a bad idea to do first thing on a date. The whole point of a first date is to get to know the other person (well, know them more than just chatting with them online) and you are (hopefully) sitting silent at the theater.

Do a mild, fun activity (bowling, mini golf, etc.) then go eat somewhere nicer than McDonald's. If the night is still young, then consider a movie, but do not underestimate going for a walk in a location that would be suited for it (a boardwalk, park, etc.). Remember the whole point here is to talk and get to know them.

Make sure you get a lead in on a second date as the first is coming to a close, but don't push it, and seal the deal (kiss). First date needs to have kissing, or end with a kiss at the bare minimum, no ifs-ands-or-buts about it.
    Last edited by Jaese; 2015-06-12 at 12:48 PM.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I figure it has been said a few times, but a first date (especially from POF) should be simple.

I always fine a nice coffee shop with a public park nearby, and meet for coffee, than take a walk. Its simple, can be short if needed, public, and gives a good chance to see how you two communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I need some help and here's why:

I have NEVER been on a date or had a girlfriend before, I can talk to girls decently, I have been with girls so i'm not a virgin but that's not what I need help with it's the whole date part.

Basically met this girl on POF (plenty of fish dating website) and she gave me her facebook to chat easier, it's been about a week or two and we have spoke a little bit so I thought why the fuck not just ask her out?

She said yes, I actually didn't think she would mainly because I have never asked a girl out and I didn't know if it was too soon or not since we had only talked online.

TL;DR: I need help for a first date.

The girl is emo/gothish but not to the hard hardcore extent, she plays a lot of games and is quite healthy and into fitness, she seems to also sing in a band.

Help! I really don't want to fuck this up.
    Universal favorites --

1) Don't talk about ex
    2) Compliment her
    3) Get the door, regardless of what latter day programming says
    4) Assume and prepare to pick up the check. If she offers to split, insist once, if she's definite, then split check.
    5) Have a definite idea of what you want to do, don't show up for a date all "whaddya wanna do?" You asked her out, she'll expect you to have an idea. Your idea is not a question. "I thought we'd go to Restaurant A" is a statement, not a question. Doesn't mean you don't change if she'd rather do something else, but that's no reason to act like you needed permission to have the idea you had.

10+ Year Old Account
    And for the first date, do it between the two of you do not do it among friends either hers or yours.

Anything that engages the adrenal gland is a good first date - it causes the other person to associate your presence with the excitement they felt during the time you spent together. If you're going to do the dinner and a movie thing, at least you've got an exciting movie picked out.

Does she have to be home by a certain time? If not, keep her out after the movie. Go get coffee or something and talk about the movie and whatever else comes up. Don't steal a car or set anything on fire.

Deleted
    The best advice people can give is to act yourself and be normal. If you cat like someone you are not and she like sit then you get married years later of, then she will eventually realise you are not that person.

Maybe she is looking for the person who you really are? She must like you if she said yes

Be yourself or you will regret it when she falls in love with somebody that isn't you.

Also, I'd be wary of asking a predominantly single and forever alone part of society for dating advice.

Quote Originally Posted by deviltoist View Post
    dont let her sleep with your parents
    You can't go wrong with this advice.

Deleted
    introverted individuals giving tips on basic social interaction - classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I need some help and here's why:

I have NEVER been on a date or had a girlfriend before, I can talk to girls decently, I have been with girls so i'm not a virgin but that's not what I need help with it's the whole date part.
    lol if you say so.... but she isn't your girlfriend yet, calm down

go out, be you, try to do something that is fun and relax. you're trying to hang out with someone and become good friends. i mean, think about it this way: did you tell your best friend they were pretty much going to be your best friend and they didn't have a choice in the matter? did you worry about how soul shattering it would be if they decided not to be your best friend?

dating is the same way. your girlfriend is pretty much your best friend. except that she will have sex with you.

so really, don't stress about it

i mean, be casual... but don't forget to flirt with her. say shit that comes to mind, throw your filter out the window. be cute, be charming, be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    introverted individuals giving tips on basic social interaction - classic
    Yes because being introvert means, i can't date and i can't handle social interaction.

Like in every other thread you post your nonsense in, get a clue. You might come across barely intelligent at one point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yes because being introvert means, i can't date and i can't handle social interaction.

Like in every other thread you post your nonsense in, get a clue. You might come across barely intelligent at one point.
    Handbags at dawn, bitch got claws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Handbags at dawn, bitch got claws.
    I guess where you are from that's suppose to sound cool or something? Guess you're here whoring for attention, sad.

Too bad i can't give you too much attention tonight got a football game planned and another party at a bar. Gotta go be my anti-social self

Deleted
    I guess where you are from that's suppose to sound cool or something? Guess you're here whoring for attention, sad.

Too bad i can't give you too much attention tonight got a football game planned and another party at a bar. Gotta go be my anti-social self
    You sound soo awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound soo awesome
    And you sound so desperate for attention with these bait lines

Deleted
    And you sound so desperate for attention with these bait lines
    You're still biting

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still biting
    Watching news don't worry dear you may have the final word now

Deleted
    Watching news don't worry dear you may have the final word now
    You enjoy your fictional football game

How did we conflate being introverted with being socially inept? They're nothing alike.

I know how to get along with people. I've dated, married, worked jobs that required interfacing with clients and customers and contractors, and have friends in a couple of different social circles. I know how to make men and women like me. I don't avoid unnecessary interaction with people because I'm bad at it; I do it because they exhaust me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, she already likes you, just chill. Be happy just to spend the night out with someone, whether or not an SO type relationship develops, and things will go smoothly.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.