Need a bit of advice.

Morning all,

I just have a little question i want to ask, i started playing WoW in 2007 and raided at the top level, when catacalysm was released i didn't spend much time getting into it as at that time i had alot going on in my life. I've recently started playing again and really enjoying myself, i've been doing LFR and what not and my item level is now at 650, so now i can do BRF normal and progress onto heroic.

My question is, i've been playing demo as i was told it was the go to spec when i returned, seeing the nerfs and buffs to our class in 6.2, i'll be swapping over to affliction, which i'm happy about as i love that spec, I don't know the timeframe on 6.2 being released, is it better for me now to start to gear towards affliction in terms of haste rather than mastery as the main stat or will i be okay to keep gearing and make the switch when its released and gear up from then?

Sorry if it seems i've rambled on a bit, but i just want some clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch looking like June 23/24 depending on your region.

I do believe you'll want to keep prioritizing Mastery>Haste, which is why there's a nice synergy between Demo and Affliction. There won't be too many choices to be quite honest as you're going through BRF. You'll want the 4-set tier, some trinkets, and a good weapon. I believe the only difference between Demo and Affliction BiS is the bracers and the off-piece (gloves for Demo, shoulders for Affliction) if I recall correctly.

So ultimately, I don't think it's going to matter much. Focus on upping your iLvl for now. Once HFC opens you'll want all new gear anyway

Deleted
    The nice thing for you is that Haste and Mastery are both very close for affliction, so if you want to be affliction/demonology you can stack mastery without huge issues, particularly as you're doing normal/heroic modes. Haste is better for affliction, but not by a huge amount.

Stats are much more of a problem for mixing destruction with anything, because for that crit is much more important, whereas it's certainly not for affliction

I'm guessing that 6.2 is very close; character copying to the PTR is now disabled, PTR is marked as "Release" and the end to PVP 16 is all but announced

Blizz have a habit of bringing in major patches ahead of or against other major game releases leading to much speculation 6.2 would be timed against Final Fantasy

Thanks guys for getting back to me, i'll spend the time i have before 6.2 getting my Ilvl up and getting the tier bonus set if possible.

Alot has changed since i last played and raided, so i was just wondering

The guild i'm in atm are 7/10 mythic BRF so i'll have to pug the normal BRF mode.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S

I bought these
    Enchant Ring – Gift of Haste
    Enchant Cloak – Gift of Haste
    Enchant Neck – Gift of Haste
    Weapon: Mark of Bleeding Howl
    Greater Haste Taladite (can make myself)

Will add them to my gear when i get some decent stuff

Hi Proxeum,

Most things that I read prioritise mastery over haste on anything above single target however perhaps at lower item levels you need that initial haste. Please check before you enchant to save monies. Perhaps you may like to dual spec anyhow for example if you ever have to AoE and then mastery will definitely be your way forward.

I would recommend Mastery as #1 stat, very little fights where there actually is only 1 mob & even so, haste isn't THAT much better than haste on ST
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Hi Proxeum,

Most things that I read prioritise mastery over haste on anything above single target however perhaps at lower item levels you need that initial haste. Please check before you enchant to save monies. Perhaps you may like to dual spec anyhow for example if you ever have to AoE and then mastery will definitely be your way forward.
    I haven't actually used the enchants yet so i will put them back on the AH and see what mastery equivalents i can get

Thanks for the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    I would recommend Mastery as #1 stat, very little fights where there actually is only 1 mob & even so, haste isn't THAT much better than haste on ST
    Thanks for the advice