Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If they came from the UK they are more then likely Irish Travellers. Pretty much just the British Islands version of Gypsies and Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sounds like some kind of blackmailing squatters.
    Basically what they are. Big problem in Africa too which should surprise no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As a Swede, never heard of such a thing o.O
    ...I thought you're French!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    If they came from the UK they are more then likely Irish Travellers. Pretty much just the British Islands version of Gypsies and Roma.
    They are indeed from the UK, they all have thick accents, not one that I can place other than the british isles somewhere :P At least the ones doing the talking.

I've heard of this happening in rural towns in Australia. I remember them originating from somewhere in the United Kingdom, possibly being Brittish or Irish.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    He can't find any English sources on it, so either its a relativly new problem or it is not very common.

Anyway, we don't have problems like that over here.
    It's a relatively new problem yes. It wasn't like this 5 years ago. The news pick it up a lot more now and you hear of it from people and their personal experiences.
    There was a case of a swedish family having their summer home taken over by squatters. They came to their summer home to check on it and found that there was an entire fucking family living there. They had broken up doors and stuff, just taken the place as theirs. The excuse they gave was that some guy had hired it to them for 5000 SEK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You mean like this stuff?

This is just on the edge of Madrid in Spain. It's known as El Gallinero.

This has been an issue for decades in Southern European countries like Italy and Spain. They have been struggling with eastern European Roma migrants for ages.

One important distinction to be made here. While they have Romanian or Bulgarian passports, they are Roma.
    No not like that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. If people are trespassing on your property, call the police. Problem solved.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Never heard of something like that in Germany.

Pikeys!

Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't understand. If people are trespassing on your property, call the police. Problem solved.
    They aren't trespassing on private property but on public one, and when a boatload of romulans just deploy on public property the police is highly reluctant to evict them or they get backlash from all sorts of humanitarian groups and factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    most recent news about it was regarding such "wildcampers" that were from the UK.
    "Were from the UK" and "are British" are two very different things. Are those people actually British or just "from the UK" and at most have the British nationality?
    The police and authorities are completely incapable of acting against it.
    Sounds more like "unwilling" than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    We have them in New Zealand they are called Freedom campers most of them are usually Germans. Usually the local councils deal to them and they fuck off pretty quickly.
    Same here as above. Are these people actually "German" or just from Germany/have the German nationality. They sound like some minority groups that cause certain problems and use citizenships of these countries to gain access to other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Same here as above. Are these people actually "German" or just from Germany/have the German nationality. They sound like some minority groups that cause certain problems and use citizenships of these countries to gain access to other countries.
    Sometimes people behave very strangely when they travel. Doing things they would never do home.

Like the "good" American girls flashing their tits in every major party hub in Europe, and bang everything that seem to have a remote interest in them.

Or here in Spain the typical English tourist who is seen as minor calamity by the locals, due to their binge drinking habits combined with their propensity to run around naked, jump out of hotel windows into pools, vomit everywhere in the subway, on the bus, on the street corner, at the beach, at the bar on you etc.

I know in my early travelling years, I myself was prone to behaviors that can only be described as annoying, usually somewhat illegal and profoundly dumb.

Stole a bike in Tokyo.
    Had sex in a cemetery in Salzburg.
    Had sex in a museum in Prague.
    Threw up at the Vatican on/at the main entrance of Saint Peter's Basilica.
    Got stabbed in Dublin.
    Got beat by the police at a Rammstein concert in Germany, after the moshpit devolved into a general brawl. (Still have a scar on my chin.)
    Shit down a chimney of an apartment building in Romania. (Long story)
    Got arrested for getting in a fight with Skinhead rappers in Milan (Yup, that's a thing.)

And this is just some of the shit I can remember right now.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-06-12 at 07:38 PM.