Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    Getting hyped for a series you love is fine, but it's probably fair to at least temper your expectations a bit when it gets to the point where an entire Wiki is created purely to gather up all the complaints people have. Whether or not it's an entirely proportional response, there are clearly concerns that don't apply to previous entries in the series.

http://www52.atwiki.jp/tozsougiwiki/pages/1.html

That said, I'm always happy to see more RPGs localized. I'd just encourage people to know what they're getting themselves into so they're not disappointed.
    I'm with Jester Joe on this just because a wiki was made doesnt mean jack shit >.> also like what people said before japanese people can love a game 1 week then the next absolutely hate/boycott it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    http://www.givediretide.com/
    http://givediretide.com/archives/2013/

I'm not sure a link proves whether or not it's legit feedback/concerns.

If anything, I would consider the fact that Tales of Symphonia had an "HD remake" yet had almost no touch ups it looked like and ran at a lower framerate than the Gamecube version a bigger issue.
    The "Diretide" whinetrain was literally a one-line complaint about a single issue ("wahhh we didn't get a holiday event").

The link I provided is pages and pages of well thought out and organized feedback on specific issues with the game. The two cases aren't even remotely comparable.

If I have time later I'll track down Baba's interview about it on Famitsu and give you a TLDR translation. There's definite acknowledgement of the user complaints even on the development side.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    The "Diretide" whinetrain was literally a one-line complaint about a single issue ("wahhh we didn't get a holiday event").

The link I provided is pages and pages of well thought out and organized feedback on specific issues with the game. The two cases aren't even remotely comparable.

If I have time later I'll track down Baba's interview about it on Famitsu and give you a TLDR translation. There's definite acknowledgement of the user complaints even on the development side.
    Yes, and the actual complaints I've seen about Zestiria is things like "The graphics are outdated, there's a bit of lag at times, and the story falls a bit flat halfway". That's not the debate for the most part, games can have issues but still be really good otherwise.

What's causing the huge negative thing like Tech was listing was "Waaah they put story into DLC"

Deleted
    http://www.givediretide.com/
    http://givediretide.com/archives/2013/

I'm not sure a link proves whether or not it's legit feedback/concerns.

If anything, I would consider the fact that Tales of Symphonia had an "HD remake" yet had almost no touch ups it looked like and ran at a lower framerate than the Gamecube version a bigger issue.
    Tales of Symphonia is confirmed for steam now, it will be coming as a standalone game but enough preorders for Zestria gets it for free, so if enough preorders go through and considering Zestria is getting charged full price on steam (in fairness it is a 'new game') and then getting a free game on top of that, thats a good deal actually.

Hopefully this will allow the game to have a bigger install base in the west, the tales of games barely getting any advertising in the west.

The CE of it looks really fly. Day one pre-order. I'm sort of disappointed that most of the discussion has been about the reviews. Look at this image above and say it with me: MMMMMM Kawaii.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    The CE of it looks really fly. Day one pre-order. I'm sort of disappointed that most of the discussion has been about the reviews. Look at this image above and say it with me: MMMMMM Kawaii.
    Sure, it looks nice, but you just know it's going to be at least $120/€120.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The Tales of Symphonia Chronicles came with just as much, but it was $99 for a limited printing.

The Tales of Symphonia Chronicles came with just as much, but it was $99 for a limited printing.
    Gamestop put up the CE for Zestiria and they are asking 129.99 for it. And while there is a LOT of stuff in there, damn that price is pretty nuts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    That was a pretty good guess

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Well this is gonna cause a shit storm
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/16...-30fps-on-pcs/

Bandai Namco has decided to go into detail to describe exactly why Tales of Zestiria looks the way that it does on the Windows PC, as well as detail specific options that could improve upon the game and cause visual variations between the computer and console versions of the game.

The Windows PC version of Tales of Zestiria will support up to 4K resolutions, and will run at 1920×1080 as a base. Low, medium, and high anti-aliasing, shadow, and texture options will be available, to allow for more or less detail in action. The computer version also has a better draw distance, starting at twice that of the PlayStation 3 iteration of the game, and also offering a far option in the menu.

Bandai Namco also revealed the framerate for the Windows PC version of Tales of Zestiria. It will be locked at 30fps. The company went on to explain that the decision was made after seeing the effect framerate had on animations, battles, and general difficulty.

Tales of Zestiria will be released on October 20 on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC. The PlayStation 4 version will be $59.99, while the PlayStation 3 and Windows PC versions will be $49.99. The system requirements for the computer release were revealed back in June.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Yea, because the terrible free lancers Namco got to make the game while the Tales team was busy locked the game logic to fps like a bunch of amateurs.

Funny since Symphonia was 60 fps on gamecube, vesperia 60 fps, graces 60 fps, even Xillia 1 and 2 where 60 fps in combat(30 out of combat). Literally the first game since the terrible symphonia PS2 version(and it's hd remaster being locked at 30 as well was so laughable) to be locked at 30.

Wouldn't even be a big deal if it was a turn based rpg, but it's not. The action combat in Tales greatly benefits from 60 fps. Another reason this game is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, cancelled my preorder on Steam. I won't stand for 30fps (note, I love consoles but the 30fps plague of the last few years has been shitty, I still love my Wii U and PS4 :P ) console shit on PC.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, cancelled my preorder on Steam. I won't stand for 30fps console shit on PC.
    Every console Tales of game since Symphonia(minus the shit PS2 and PS3 versions of this same game) is 60 fps even on that "console shit".

Tales is pretty much known for it's 60 fps combat, this game is just a piece of shit that was free lanced to intern worthy developers and made on the cheap.

Skip this shit and wait on Berseria made by the actual Tales team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Every console Tales of game since Symphonia(minus the shit PS2 and PS3 versions of this same game) is 60 fps even on that "console shit".

Tales is pretty much known for it's 60 fps combat, this game is just a piece of shit that was free lanced to intern worthy developers and made on the cheap.

Or you know, you could stop telling people what to buy and what not to buy If you don't intend to buy the game that's fine but don't tell others what to do hell all you've done is shit talked the game since your first post why bother continuing to post on something you have no intention of buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Or you know, you could stop telling people what to buy and what not to buy If you don't intend to buy the game that's fine but don't tell others what to do hell all you've done is shit talked the game since your first post why bother continuing to post on something you have no intention of buying.
    Keep hoping the game is good.

Spoiler alert: it's not. It's a piece of outsourced garbage not made by the Tales team. It's Namco whoring out the franchise name. It's garbage. By all means if you like wasting your money on garbage have at it.

Deleted

Spoiler alert: it's not. It's a piece of outsourced garbage not made by the Tales team. It's Namco whoring out the franchise name. It's garbage. By all means if you like wasting your money on garbage have at it.
    I assume you have played the game then?, This is your experience rather then something you have read.

As far as wasting my money goes I will do just that because weather it's good or bad I will decide after playing it for myself then I will decide if it was a waste of money.

Good and bad is subjective just saying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Berseria is made by the same people who made Zestiria, wtf are you talking about.

All I see is it saying the PC version is locked to 30 FPS, not all versions.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Berseria is made by the same people who made Zestiria, wtf are you talking about.
    No. Zestiria was made by a different namco branch (the one that's going into mobile only I think? Bandai?). Everything else was specifically made by Namco tales studio.

Anyway 30 fps lock on PC is ridiculous. It would be understandable if this was consoles from 10 years ago but what the fuck
    Last edited by zito; 2015-09-24 at 08:29 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No. Zestiria was made by a different namco branch (the one that's going into mobile only I think? Bandai?). Everything else was specifically made by Namco tales studio.

Anyway 30 fps lock on PC is ridiculous. It would be understandable if this was consoles from 10 years ago but what the fuck
    Sadly they tied the FPS to the games logic, as the game was originally released on the PS3 and seems like it was gonna only stay on the PS3 until its Japan sales was not really good, seriously Japan needs to stop caring about its domestic sales and just release the damn thing globally and care about that.

However many believe the low sales on the PS3 led to the release for the PS4 and PC, this wouldn't surprise me really however if the FPS is tied to the logic, theres little that can be done.

PS3 limitation I guess, I hate 30 FPS locks on PC games, however I am a fan of the series and refuse to buy a PS4 or XB1, so may have to suck it up and deal with it for this or just hold out I guess.

At the least, we have steam refunds if the game is trash, 2 hours isn't a lot for a RPG but a strong first impression matters for games like these imo these days.