Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Say's it's not amateurish... cites examples of games form the 90s when nothing but shit games use this method in today's world.

[IMG]http://media2.giphy.com/media/Fml0fgAxVx1eM/giphy.gif[IMG]
    Mmm, so Bloodborne and Dark Souls are shit games?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Mmm, so Bloodborne and Dark Souls are shit games?
    Dark Souls 1 was coded like shit yes.

If you knew what you where talking about you would know that was fixed in dark souls 2 and bloodborne does not suffer the same fate. A big reason blighttown was shit on DS1 was not just the frame drops, but the fact the frame drops completely fucked your reaction timing to everything.

Nice try guy with the bloodborne, you came hard with that one and crashed right into the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls 1 was coded like shit yes.

If you knew what you where talking about you would know that was fixed in dark souls 2 and bloodborne does not suffer the same fate. A big reason blighttown was shit on DS1 was not just the frame drops, but the fact the frame drops completely fucked your reaction timing to everything.

Nice try guy with the bloodborne, you came hard with that one and crashed right into the wall.
    How does it lagging in one area have anything to do with it being tied to frame rate and it being a good or bad game.

A lot of DS2's actions are connected by frame count. Invincibility frames and weapon durability for example are tied to frame count.

Bloodborne if you lag the entirety of the game by disjointing the camera with a pillar, you'll know how that affects every action, easiest way to find out how a game works in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I honestly don't recall Xillia dropping that much, but do you mean specifically 1? I haven't played 1 in a while, 2 I played recently but I might of just missed it.

And yes, exactly my view too, as long as it doesn't harm the game drastically, I'm 100% okay with it.
    I mean it isn't major but is in both games at various times. In 1 it would do it any time you tried to switch a party member in combat, it was really painful. In 2 it tended to happen during some of the huge abilities but it is pretty minor but it is noticeable if you look for it. Neither was THAT bad but it was just something I noticed after playing Vesperia and Graces on the ps3.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tying the game's logic to framerate isn't necessarily amateurish, but it is the lazy way out. When the game's 30 fps it's also just a pain for people who are used to 60+ in their games, since you can't unlock it even externally (since if you do that, suddenly the game runs like it's on crack)

Haven't played this series in ages. Tales of Symphonia was absolutely excellent though.

Tales of Vesperia I played a bit of and didn't really like it all that much. Felt kinda hokey and time-waster-y (I just made this term up).

A PC release is pretty dope I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Walls of text incoming, copy-paste nobody got the time to sort through the mess. Screenshots and such on siliconera if you want to look
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/25...s-of-zestiria/

The battle system in Tales of Zestiria feels like one of the biggest changes in Tales games for a while. While Tales of Graces F lent on the more technical side and Tales of Xillia was on the simpler side, they were both fairly fast paced systems. Tales of Zestiria feels slower and requires more thought and planning in battle instead of just spamming your most powerful artes. There’s three types of artes in Zestiria: Martial, Hidden and Seraphic. These artes function in a rock, paper, scissors type system. Hidden artes can interrupt martial artes, martial artes can interrupt seraphic artes and seraphic artes can interrupt hidden artes. If you attack an enemy with the wrong type of arte, you’ll be the one who’s interrupted, leaving you vulnerable to the enemies attacks. As things progress, Sorey can eventually armitize with seraphim party members, fusing with them and becoming much more powerful. This changes Sorey’s appearance and the artes he can perform, such as being able to perform seraphic artes. This also allows him to perform a burst arte using the R2 button.

In past games, the right stick was used as additional set of shortcuts for your artes but this has now been replaced with orders you can issue to your party. Pushing up tells the party to charge and pushing down tells them to defend. Push right and the party will attack your enemy and pushing left will tell the party to spread out and attack. While I always found the right stick shortcuts very handy in past games, I can understand why the switch was made. From what I played, I feel there’s less emphasis on chaining artes together and instead on building up your combos. As you’re exploring the world Tales of Zestiria has to offer, you’ll notice monoliths dotted around. These monoliths provide a sort of mini tutorial detailing specific aspects of the systems in place in Zestiria. Each one you read gives you additional AP to use in battle actions. Battle Actions are essentially the skill system that is in Xillia. Each battle actions requires a certain amount of AP and the actions themselves include Auto Guard and Auto Backstep (though there is a limit of five uses in one battle on each of these).

In Xillia, as you were travelling around the map, every time you interacted with something be it a chest or a resource point, it became marked on your map which for those who like to keep track of where they have and haven’t been was a feature I really appreciated. Tales of Zestiria does things a little differently however. Your party has a set of support talents and each character has their own set of what they can and can’t do. Sorey for example, by default, has point of interest detection set. So when wondering around the map, Sorey will point out and mark certain things on the map (usually Monoliths) but other skills include chest detection, recover health and prepare snacks.

Tales of Zestiria is part of the Tales Of 20th Anniversary and it certainly feels a title that celebrates what has made the series so popular. The gameplay upgrades such as the seamless cutscenes and battles feel like a good foundation for future games and I do hope Tales of Berseria builds on what Zestiria has to offer. While the gameplay feels much more modern, the setting and lore feel like they’ve come straight from earlier Tales games featuring a more traditional fantasy look.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

They took a very important story character out of most of the story and added to it as DLC. And guess what? You're still going to have to pay extra for that DLC in the west to. Sorry.
    Just to re-cover this point, is this the DLC you mean?

Up next is an additional chapter focusing on the character Alisha. This is going to be free until November 18 through Bandai Namco’s VIP Corner, which will let you redeem it on PSN. After that, tough luck but you’ll have to buy it.
    http://www.destructoid.com/tales-of-...u-315038.phtml

Seems like it's completely free as long as you get it within the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who many have been on the fence for the Steam release, it has reached all of its preorder unlocks, so Tales of Symphonia is included thru Steam preorder of Zestiria.

Wait symphonia is on steam?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wait symphonia is on steam?
    It is coming to Steam yes. It is free when it arrives in 2016 if you preordered Zestiria. It is already in my steam library. It is being called an HD remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    It is coming to Steam yes. It is free when it arrives in 2016 if you preordered Zestiria. It is already in my steam library. It is being called an HD remake.
    It's not a remake, just a remaster.

Exact same version as the PS3 one, which was a hack job locked at 30 fps so expect the same here, even when the gamecube version ran at 60 fps. Gamecube version is still pretty much definitive version of the game because of this. Nice to have it on steam either way though, the HD remaster of it is just a very poor port of an amazing game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a remake, just a remaster.

Exact same version as the PS3 one, which was a hack job locked at 30 fps so expect the same here, even when the gamecube version ran at 60 fps. Gamecube version is still pretty much definitive version of the game because of this. Nice to have it on steam either way though, the HD remaster of it is just a very poor port of an amazing game.
    Whichever, ya it'll be based of the PS3 version. Though maybe they'll be able to unlock the FPS, haven't really heard any details about it beyond the system requirements.

Whichever, ya it'll be based of the PS3 version. Though maybe they'll be able to unlock the FPS, haven't really heard any details about it beyond the system requirements.
    The PS3 ran far more graphically demanding Tales games at 60 fps then Symphonia HD, so it wasn't a hardware problem. Don't count on it being unlocked in the PC version either.

From what most gather the remaster is based on the PS2 version which was hard coded to 30 fps and the reason for it. Dumb move when the much superior Gamecube version was right there to take the source code from...

10+ Year Old Account
    The PS3 ran far more graphically demanding Tales games at 60 fps then Symphonia HD, so it wasn't a hardware problem. Don't count on it being unlocked in the PC version either.

From what most gather the remaster is based on the PS2 version which was hard coded to 30 fps and the reason for it. Dumb move when the much superior Gamecube version was right there to take the source code from...
    I only played it on the Gamecube, didn't even know it was on the PS2.. lol.

If it's 30fps locked I'm pretty sure I still have the gamecube version and I'll just play it on my wii
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I only played it on the Gamecube, didn't even know it was on the PS2.. lol.
    Only released in Japan, and was a year after the GC version. So yea, it was pretty much irrelevant. Shit version compared to the gamecube one as well(as already noted lol)

It's good to see that Tier 3 was unlocked over the weekend. I kind of wanted it on PS4, but the deal on Steam is just too much to pass up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got my copy a day early, yay

A little disappointed the opening theme in the english version is just an instrumental version rather than the actual vocal track (this was news to me when i got to the opening movie) but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Got my copy a day early, yay

A little disappointed the opening theme in the english version is just an instrumental version rather than the actual vocal track (this was news to me when i got to the opening movie) but oh well.
    Oh lord really? Another Tales of the Abyss mistake?