Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

More content coming

Probably see more of it during E3

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn you beat me to it, was just about to post. I hope it's class story and not just broad story though.

can't wait for more info. sounds good so far, just have to see if they can pull it off. it is ea after all, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hooney View Post
    can't wait for more info. sounds good so far, just have to see if they can pull it off. it is ea after all, lol
    You just had to remind us, didn't you... T_T

Here's hoping that SWTOR is getting a boost because of Ep. VII coming this year. More content, more marketing, more stories. They realize that people love the class stories and crave more of their characters (at least I know that I certainly do!) Looking forward to seeing more information on this as we head into the summer. I'm guarded by hopeful and optimistic

15+ Year Old Account
    I know some people won't agree, but they should say screw end game and trying to be WoW, and make compelling story stuff that you can do with other people and so on. How many people really do HM ops and the like on a consistent basis? I know it's a small percentage of the people who are actually playing this game.

i must say as wow player i envy swtor on storytelling part..dunno why wow didnt copy that shit

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW i was worried they would kill SWTOR after SW was sold to Disney, had I known there would be future I would have stuck around, awesome news though.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    i must say as wow player i envy swtor on storytelling part..dunno why wow didnt copy that shit
    Quit WoW a month or so into BRF and haven't looked back since. I miss raiding a little bit, but otherwise, WoW is eh. Leveling alts in WoW sucks because it's the same quests every single freaking time. In the past 2ish weeks I've leveled a 51 Jedi Shadow, a 54 Merc and now have a 15 Operative and am loving every minute of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Very interesting could this lead to sith and jedi working together to defeat a common enemy?

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/13/ru...icial-website/

BioWare accidentally revealed its Star Wars: The Old Republic announcement for E3 this weekend, and — spoiler alert — this could be a game changer.

The leaked page, which began, “A man can have anything… if he’s willing to sacrifice everything,” tells the players about a shake-up that will hit the primary storyline in October. It mentions a new major faction in the galaxy: the Empire of Zakuul. It also mentions that our characters are now called “Outlander, veteran of the Great Galactic War,” suggesting that we’re no longer a part of the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic.

The next biggest reveal for players involved the release date and price of this expansion. According to the leaks, the expansion will be free for everyone who subscribes on October 27th, and those who subscribe between July 31st and October 19th will gain early access as well as special perks based off when they subscribed.

Officially, BioWare has said nothing about these leaks, but do look for more information on Tuesday along with a rumored CGI trailer from E3.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/IKXHx2d.png

Leaked info but according to that it seems like the emperor basically says "fuck you all im doing my own thing."

- - - Updated - - -

HK-55 will be my favorite companion ever
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-06-14 at 04:30 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Quit WoW a month or so into BRF and haven't looked back since. I miss raiding a little bit, but otherwise, WoW is eh. Leveling alts in WoW sucks because it's the same quests every single freaking time. In the past 2ish weeks I've leveled a 51 Jedi Shadow, a 54 Merc and now have a 15 Operative and am loving every minute of it.
    Hit end-game and you'll start to see what SWTOR is lacking. Where WoW lacks in story SWTOR lacks in challenging raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Antereon View Post
    Hit end-game and you'll start to see what SWTOR is lacking. Where WoW lacks in story SWTOR lacks in challenging raid content.
    They had an interview from one of their analysts within the company the other day. He stated that most of the players were focused on replaying story content as opposed to doing end-game raiding. So, if most of your paying customers are focused on story, I suppose it makes a lot of sense to focus on story instead of the fraction of the playerbase who focuses on endgame raiding.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

WoW raids are not exactly that challenging either, in mythic raiding addons are essential for progress so fights can be more challenging due to this added support, and don't say you don't need addons because if you trying to progress through mythic without them your working with a serious handicap, SWTOR doesn't have this addon support so fights are still fairly challenging but no overly hard.

Overall SWTOR has more to do and is much more interesting that WoW, it still has some issues but overall it surpasses WoW in most aspects.

Raiding has always been for the minority of the community so as long as most are happy its more than fine the way it gets handled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that's what I'm saying. All WoW has for the most part is raiding. And I did that for 10 years as I started at WoW launch and have been raiding consistently and competitively since MC. Now that I'm closing in on my 30's I can't commit to 3-5 nights of my week going to scheduled raids because as a long time raider, I just can't do LFR and stuff. For me, it's Mythic (at this point) or bust and I can't commit to that.

SWTOR gives me story driven content and the ability to play some stuff at end game. Is the end stuff as good as WoW's raiding? Maybe not. But at least I can enjoy the game's story while leveling a new character and not do the exact same quests over and over from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I know some people won't agree, but they should say screw end game and trying to be WoW, and make compelling story stuff that you can do with other people and so on. How many people really do HM ops and the like on a consistent basis? I know it's a small percentage of the people who are actually playing this game.
    I'm not going to say if SWTORs storytelling method is or isnt sustainable because they went F2P before any major expacs got released. But ask yourself *if* SWTOR had not gone F2P could they have sustained their way of storytelling?

I played SWTOR on early release and for a week straight i was pretty impressed with their quest system too. But after the initial "ohhh ahhhh" feeling wore off i said to myself: wait...if all quests have full voiceovers and animations what will they do when its time to release new content? what about when it comes time to release new classes? When i first did Makeb i was kinda disappointed that each quest hub had a speeder, some NPCs, and a console that you clicked on to get your daily. There was very little voiceover and no class specific quests though the main story *was* themed to the class a bit i guess. But with this one size fits all main story it doesnt feel right for some classes like my Bounty Hunter ordering Imps around on Makeb. I havent even done any other storyline on Oricon or the other planets. I have seen the new cutscenes with Lana Benico and her counterpart Not-Han-Solo. So i guess its cool that some stuff is getting voiceover work.

Too many of the features that make SWTOR awesome also end up limiting them in some way. Will we ever get a new class? why not (its a rhetorical question dont answer it). Ask the same (rhetorical) questions about most other things too. Playable races have to conform to certain standards (ie they have to be romanceable and kissable) otherwise we wont get them. New races also can only speak "basic" because people find Huttese, Shriiwook, or Jawa-ese and other non-basic languages annoying or unrelatable or whatevers. Though in the past i have argued that a playable droid, jawa, wookie would actually be easy to do dialogue for cause you dont need a professional voice actor you can just have Olga the lunchlady or Otto the Janitor speak huttese/wookie into a mic and you are set. You can just use gibberish nothing actually has to make sense. Just dont make any of the gibberish have a pattern that is easy to make out (which some NPCs that speak Huttese right now do).

Anyways...what were we talking about? world of warcraft or something?
    Last edited by notanmmmonewbie; 2015-06-16 at 09:40 AM.

To be fair, WoW lore (used) to be good, but its problem (and still is) is that it's all in the crappy comics and books they want you to buy to get the story, with events shown then in the game with little or no context as to why. I mean, sans the book with Garrosh's while trial in it (which isn't in the game at all), WoD basically is "omg alternate dimension orcs from 30 years are attacking, Garrosh escaped with a rogue dragon, etc. So again, no context as to why we're supposed to fear anyone from there considering they were defeated by our predecessors 30 years ago, and our PC have been through far worse shit such as the LK and attempted end of the world thanks to DW. Not to mention Gul'dan was overhyped to a sickening amount considering his fairly yawn-worthy death despite being the self-proclaimed super warlock.

The problem wwith WOW is now its being develped by people who have no passion for the game or Video games in general. SWtor seems to have a group of Devs who are Passionate about the subject matter and love gaming. IMHO any way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard loves WoW cuz it's still a cash cow. However, I agree I'm sure a lot of people internally are just tired of working on the same game. Besides, all WoW haas for the most part now a days is quality end game (raiding) which i'll agree is the best. However, being someone who raided for 10 years and no longer can commit to those type of raid times I can see where people want more content from Wow and why I am really enjoying SWTOR right now.

Let's keep discussion on SWTOR, please.

Deleted
    they are focusing on story and just flat out buffing the old content to new levels, thats one way to completely destroy whatever raiding guilds there are left. I can't even comprihend in what fucking universe this is a good way to run an MMO, but wouldn't be the first time they fail to deliver, hyped for the story, yes, but dear god atleast try to step up your fucking game