Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I heard it from Trade Chat I think
    Not the best place to believe everything you hear :P

Legendary better be at SDCC for a bloody good reason, because Blizzcon is reserved for trailer and not year old teaser, god dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nobody but the people working on it know. Fans know literally nothing.
    Incorrect. It has been known forever and a day that the official trailer would be out on December 18th

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i swear i read that the first warcraft movie trailer would be out at the jurassic world premiere.
    Nope, it was a speculation. It was always meant to be December 18th
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2015-06-13 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added clearifiction to sentences. Posting while drunk is hard! :D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Incorrect. It has been known forever and a day that the official trailer is due out on December 18th.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it was a speculation. The trailer is due out December 18th.
    I guess we get from this that the trailer is out on December 18th :P Could have been put a bit nicer, but thanks for the info

We weren't getting a trailer anyways, the rumour was about a teaser trailer, basically a trailer for the trailer. The only source of the rumour that we were getting the Warcraft teaser with Jurassic World was from http://projectionlist.com/, and they never cited a source either.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We weren't getting a trailer anyways, the rumour was about a teaser trailer, basically a trailer for the trailer. The only source of the rumour that we were getting the Warcraft teaser with Jurassic World was from http://projectionlist.com/, and they never cited a source either.
    SO it is all just gossip and rumours? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dufferin View Post
    I guess we get from this that the trailer is out on December 18th :P Could have been put a bit nicer, but thanks for the info
    Posting while drunk is hard!!

Deleted
    Posting while drunk is hard!!
    Fair enough! Good to know you didn't mean anything bad from it

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Because they need to paid $40 million a movie minimum and add nothing to the quality or commercial potential of a film.
    Yeah i don't think a huge mega star has ever added any "quality or commercial potential" to any films ever lol.

The biggest star they have is Clancy Brown. Now i really hope that film is great but i think it was a mistake not to shell out some cash for a bankable name. They have to get the non warcraft people to come see this movie. If they rely on just warcraft fans then they are fucked. It will take naff all at the box office.

SO it is all just gossip and rumours? :P
    Pretty much, yeah. And people are dissapointed/pissed off at Blizzard when the completely unsupported rumours turned out to not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah i don't think a huge mega star has ever added any "quality or commercial potential" to any films ever lol.

The biggest star they have is Clancy Brown. Now i really hope that film is great but i think it was a mistake not to shell out some cash for a bankable name. They have to get the non warcraft people to come see this movie. If they rely on just warcraft fans then they are fucked. It will take naff all at the box office.
    Woah, Dominic Cooper, Paula Patton and Robert Kazinsky are all huge names, can't disregard them. And why can't they rely on Warcraft fans? The Warcraft franchise is over 20 years old and is a household name, over 100 million unique players have at one point played World of Warcraft and WoW is the second best selling PC game of all time, behind Minecraft. Another 30 million currently actively play Hearthstone, and Warcraft 3 was also among one of the best selling PC games of all time, and the modding scene behind it spawned the MOBA franchise which gave birth to Dota 2 and LoL, one of the most played games in the world right now.

Legendary could totally cater to just people who are familiar with the franchise and still make a killing. But they don't have to, because movies like the LOTR trilogy, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Avengers, Mad Max, Guardians of the Galaxy, all prove that you don't need to be familiar with the source material to enjoy a movie.
    You just lost The Game

I've always wondered... how did they manage to avoid a single person not filming their movie scenes shown at the blizzcons? Like seriously, even totalitarian germany and USSR weren't that fuckin efficient. How hasn't a video leaked by now?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GLorym View Post
    I've always wondered... how did they manage to avoid a single person not filming their movie scenes shown at the blizzcons? Like seriously, even totalitarian germany and USSR weren't that fuckin efficient. How hasn't a video leaked by now?!
    Not been leaked because not been made most likely.

Deleted
    There was this guy that said he captured it all on his phone but was too afraid of posting it on the web.
    There's also that Korean guy who recreated every scene of the trailer by drawing them and they were pretty spot on

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure people had to leave their phones etc., outside the screening room at Blizzcon last year. At least that's what I heard from multiple people who attended.

Deleted
    Pretty sure people had to leave their phones etc., outside the screening room at Blizzcon last year. At least that's what I heard from multiple people who attended.
    Why'd id they have to do that? So they don't record anything? :P

Not been leaked because not been made most likely.
    Two trailers have been shown. A very sketchy one at Comic-con two years ago and a teaser last Blizzcon, none have leaked. You can only see the drawings someone did after watching the one from last Blizzcon a few times for reference, and mentally add the quality of the picture released a month ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Two trailers have been shown. A very sketchy one at Comic-con two years ago and a teaser last Blizzcon, none have leaked. You can only see the drawings someone did after watching the one from last Blizzcon a few times for reference, and mentally add the quality of the picture released a month ago.
    Why are they not releasing it or letting people film it? Seems bad press to me

Why are they not releasing it or letting people film it? Seems bad press to me
    Probably because it's very early material with not much there. A teaser for a teaser if you get what I mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Probably because it's very early material with not much there. A teaser for a teaser if you get what I mean.
    Yeah I understand. What's the release date for it btw?

Yeah I understand. What's the release date for it btw?
    For that specific teaser? Maybe never. This Blizzcon we should get an actual trailer.

As for why they didn't release it, Blizzard wanted to, through the Virtual Ticket. The guys at Legendary, who probably aren't used to these kind of conventions and the streaming technology, didn't allow them to.

In my opinion, even if there were some marketing reasons not to release the teaser in November, they should have released it by now. I personally think they want as much early attention as they can get, they need to attract non-players to this 'videogame movie', and they need to prove it's not crap to players who are used to Uwe Bowl stuff.

Most people don't even know this movie has been made, and we're a year away from it. Waiting until late 2015 to announce a summer 2016 blockbuster doesn't sound like a good idea.