Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shots fired at Dallas police HQ

Any of you US lot have more (up to date) info?

Shots have been fired from an armoured vehicle at the police headquarters in Dallas, Texas, police say.
    The vehicle drove off, pursued by dozens of police cars, and is now involved in a stand-off in a car park, officials said.
    There has been an exchange of gunfire in the car park, they added.
    A bag left outside the police station was later confirmed to contain explosives including pipe bombs, police said on Twitter.
    The motive for the shooting is not yet clear.
    Dallas police say no police officers have been injured.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33121180

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...ters/71165792/

local.

Also, their facebook which I follow has this:

BREAKING: From DPD News Conference -
    • Four bags left outside DPD headquarters. One is confirmed to have explosives.
    • Dallas Police is in the process of evacuating residents from South Side on Lamar apartments, which is across from DPD HQ.
    • Suspect in shooting told negotiators the department "took his child" and "accused him of being a terrorist"
    • No DPD officers have been injured, despite multiple exchanges of gunfire and ramming squad cars by suspect

Also, press conference just ended so more info may be coming shortly. As I live in the DFW area, I can keep up to date since I cant sleep for shit tonight.

and before someone goddamn says it: the race isnt known so STFU.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-06-13 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firing shots at not only police, but driving down to their headquarters opening fire from an armored vehicle and leaving explosives. Well, whoever is all involved is certainly not long for this world.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Firing shots at not only police, but driving down to their headquarters opening fire from an armored vehicle and leaving explosives. Well, whoever is all involved is certainly not long for this world.
    That was my initial thought. There has to be a lot going on with this. Can't just be a single pissed of guy wanting to vent. Bombs, armored vehicles and firearms needs heavy planning really.

and before someone goddamn says it: the race isnt known so STFU
    Race is irrelevant in this tbh. Black/white/purple this guy seems a bit fucked up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    That was my initial thought. There has to be a lot going on with this. Can't just be a single pissed of guy wanting to vent. Bombs, armored vehicles and firearms needs heavy planning really.

Race is irrelevant in this tbh. Black/white/purple this guy seems a bit fucked up
    I know, but knowing some of the people here, they'd say something race related anyways. preemptively shutting them up.

Im personally betting on anti govt militia type that finally cracked.

Homegrown terrorism?

Honestly; hope things calm down for America re: cops vs The People, and that this is the hight of the 'escalation'. Things have gone too far, it seems.

Police believe there could be as many as four suspects involved in the attack, based on eyewitness reports.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2015-06-13 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I would have to search through my history but in comment sections multiple people on another article was saying it was some white guy with explosives in his van. Go out in style I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I would have to search through my history but in comment sections multiple people on another article was saying it was some white guy with explosives in his van. Go out in style I guess.
    yeah. Didnt want to mention it since its not confirmed but some name was thrown pout by the cops as "possible", someone googled the name and its some middle aged white guy with history against DPD.

In case someone wnats to see the press conference:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...ault/71166632/

so how many rights will this cost us?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Also one bag apparently blew up on the EOD robot.
    Sauce https://mobile.twitter.com/dallaspd
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2015-06-13 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...ters/71165792/

• Suspect in shooting told negotiators the department "took his child" and "accused him of being a terrorist"
    So in response to 'false' accusation of being a terrorist, he.. becomes a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    So in response to 'false' accusation of being a terrorist, he.. becomes a terrorist?
    Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    No it doesnt make him a terrorist, it makes him a criminal.
    His agenda seems purely out of revenge.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No it doesnt make him a terrorist, it makes him a criminal.
    His agenda seems purely out of revenge.
    His actions are those of a terrorist. That pretty much makes him one.
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
    Seems more like a case of "fight crazy with batshit crazy"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    His actions are those of a terrorist. That pretty much makes him one.
    Uh?
    So then every armed bank robbery is terrorism then cos the robbers incite fear into the employers and customers and maybe shoot a guard.
    The info given yet points to a criminal with a severe grudge at the police, not some terrorists.

Terrorism gets way to abused and used inappropriately way too often.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was watching the video on liveleak and apparently it seems the armored van with gun ports was some zombie survival thing. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but knowing some of the people here, they'd say something race related anyways. preemptively shutting them up.
    I'd wager that most of them are asleep....
    It's predominantly Americans with a nut sack of a brain, that do that. And they sleep - for now.. lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'd wager that most of them are asleep....
    It's predominantly Americans with a nut sack of a brain, that do that. And they sleep - for now.. lol
    Well the van was black for a reason! Clearly race has something to do with it /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let see here he fired on police, he set 4 explosives and according to the BBC link
    The motive for the shooting is not yet clear. Dallas police say no police officers have been injured.
    These persons are the biggest failures of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad nobody was killed that includes the police.

Like most criminals, these morons are failures. Their reward is now being chased down by angry cops, who all want to put a bullets in their asses. They will be lucky none survive to probably be mocked for the rest of their lives.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis