Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    1. Jodelle Ferland (Five), she is just amazing and her character is great.
    Really? It's a tie, for me, between her and One for who is the worst actor on the show.

Deleted
    Jodelle Ferland is cute and pretty, but she sure can't act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'd be more up on her cootch, if two wasn't fine as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'd be more up on her cootch, if two wasn't fine as hell.
    Not to my liking, but to each their own. You must love this, then:

Hmm, almost didn't recognize her with the....um....thickness.....

dem thighs!@

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh, she's ok. Her character is SO stereotypical and badly written, there's only so much you can do with that .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Myeh, she's ok. Her character is SO stereotypical and badly written, there's only so much you can do with that .
    Well, in my eyes, both Two and Five look like they're constipated constantly. It seems to be a thing though, that a lot of female actresses do (maybe male actors as well, haven't paid too much attention), that if you're a "tough guy girl", or "a serious woman", or character like that, you have to frown constantly, even when you're happy. Frown frown frown like someone is shoving a cantaloupe up your ass. From there, the range of emotion and expression becomes very, very short and narrow, and then you can say bye bye to good acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Really? It's a tie, for me, between her and One for who is the worst actor on the show.
    Really? I have watched a lot of scifi and I am finding Dark Matter fantastic, I like how the most recent two parter put a grimmer look at the dark matter universe, how people are killed so ruthlessly and the threat of other froms of violence are there, a lot of scfi has been rather shy about such things.

The acting from the entire cast has imo been very very good, I really hope it gets a second season.

Not to my liking, but to each their own. You must love this, then:

I don't mind the padding, but she can't pull off this song. Hell, I remember Carrie Underwood getting put to shame by Ann Wilson in a duet.

I think I prefer tanner, more fit Melissa, but as long as she's still coming over this weekend, i won't be too picky.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    so as someone who digs shows like Stargate and Star Trek, is this any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    so as someone who digs shows like Stargate and Star Trek, is this any good?
    Only if you are really, really desperate about watching a new sci-fi, and are really, really bored.

Hell, even Defiance and Falling skies are better alternatives. And those are really crap compared to Stargate/ Trek.

There is no plot in this, basically just 6 random fellas woke up in a ship, and we see them handle guns, kill people, and fight like ninjas.

Killjoys is a tiny bit better, though main actress has an annoying british accent. Acting is way better than this though.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Only if you are really, really desperate about watching a new sci-fi, and are really, really bored.

Hell, even Defiance and Falling skies are better alternatives. And those are really crap compared to Stargate/ Trek.

There is no plot in this, basically just 6 random fellas woke up in a ship, and we see them handle guns, kill people, and fight like ninjas.

Killjoys is a tiny bit better, though main actress has an annoying british accent. Acting is way better than this though.
    A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you, but Killjoys really went nowhere other than Level 6. Think about this for a second, we are here in the forums still talking about Dark Matter...when was the last Killjoys post?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...light=killjoys This long ago, btw

Dark Matter can be slow at times, but they are moving forward with story to a degree, and character development.

Plus, can you really compare anything to Star Trek and Stargate? That's like comparing Hill Street Blues with Veronica Mars.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2015-08-28 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you, but Killjoys really went nowhere other than Level 6. Think about this for a second, we are here in the forums still talking about Dark Matter...when was the last Killjoys post?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...light=killjoys This long ago, btw

Dark Matter can be slow at times, but they are moving forward with story to a degree, and character development.

Plus, can you really compare anything to Star Trek and Stargate? That's like comparing Hill Street Blues with Veronica Mars.
    Level 6 and Red 17. Personally I'm much more interested in the Killjoys story than Dark Matter. Not that Dark Matter's bad, it's just not as interesting to me. I don't think that just because there's no posts about it doesn't mean it's bad either.

Well now we know 2's origins. Waiting for the season finale.

Man...the episode before the finale awesome, but the finale itself not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Man...the episode before the finale awesome, but the finale itself not so good.
    agreed, Wheaton was not his usual cringe-worthy self. The story progressed rather well.

As for the finale....

Why......why.....Roger Cross, why are you the bad guy again, or are you just feeling guilty over the white hole explosion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, As much as I love Wheaton I though he was pretty bad in this... I think he needs to realise he's NOT an actor and just stick to being himself.

As for the finalé... Big ole heaping pile of WTF. Tbh it seemed more like a midseason break than a season finale to me, but whatever.

Also, is it just me Or is something REALLY off with 5? I mean sure, she's adorable, but I think that might be a cover for her evil. I mean look at the facts, 6 found out that she was the one to wipe everyone's memory and then mysteriously gets knocked out before he can tell anyone... I think she's the baddie in all this. That last scene with him and the GA was a smokescreen
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Also, is it just me Or is something REALLY off with 5? I mean sure, she's adorable, but I think that might be a cover for her evil. I mean look at the facts, 6 found out that she was the one to wipe everyone's memory and then mysteriously gets knocked out before he can tell anyone... I think she's the baddie in all this. That last scene with him and the GA was a smokescreen

I don't think 5's the "big bad" of the storyline, but the reveals (somewhat unsurprisingly) show her to be a l33t h4x0r. Which was a cool concept back when Cowboy Bebop had Ed, but it's become a bit of a trope that the kid character is the tech genius. That's kind of why I think River worked so well in Firefly; that was a classic "we made her a supergenius" storyline, but instead of "supergenius" they went with "asskicker supreme".

If I had to guess, 5 had a plan. She didn't stow away on the Raza by accident. She may have been forced into the mindwipe by circumstances, but she had a big reason to be there, and it may be something like "the Raza killed my family, so I hid this dirty nuke in the vents and I was biding my time till I could jump ship before setting the timer." I'd say that's a little too similar to One, but the writing's been so hit or miss that I won't write it off.

Like some of the rest of you, I'm basically watching this for Lemke, Cross, and Ferland, and also Zoie Palmer, though more because I think they're the first sci-fi show since Voyager to really much about with AI tropes. No, I don't count Battlestar Galactica, because the nature of AI wasn't ever really part of the show; they were just a convenient "other" and they pretty much started off right out the gate as fully-fledged emotional, living creatures. Palmer's android, though, is more like Data or the Doctor from Trek; they're not acting properly, and going beyond their programming, and that's neat, what'll happen next. Not as good as either (Spiner and Picardo both being top-shelf actors), but Palmer's at least entertainingly upbeat on the surface.

Definitely prefer it to Killjoys overall, which took the entire season to bring up the one interesting plot point. Plus, "superninja killer cuteypants girl" is such an overused trope. I can overlook it with Two in Dark Matter because she's more Hardass Captain; the superninja stuff only came out late, and it's more resilience than skills; the superninja is, cliche be damned, Four.
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-08-30 at 02:02 AM.

I was wondering if maybe 6 was a plant even before their minds were wiped. Maybe that's who 2 was planning to kill after they got out of stasis, because she found out.