Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

6.2 Final Tier Confirmed... or is it?

What ho,

How would you interpret the following quote by Ion Hazzikostas:

"[...] if you finish the entire expansion... the entire tier in this case - and you have 735 gear from Mythic Archimonde; Archimonde is on farm, then it's just about maximizing your parses every week and seeing how far you can rank [...]"
    01:11:30 into the recent Warlords Live Q&A, while discussing ilevels and raid tier progression.

Is he saying that what he's discussing would normally apply to the end of expansions, but in this specific case just a single tier - or is he letting slip that this tier is the end of the expansion?

If it is, then I hope so. It would very much line up with Blizzcon coming in fall IIRC, and i'm sure we're all tired of WoD. Although i'm very open to seeing it off with a few more patches (there is so much lost potential here, what with the continent of ogres, along with Farahlon, and the two unnamed land masses southwest of Talador and Spires of Arak respectively on the world map.) so it won't be remembered not only as the worst expansion, but the shortest in WoW history. I think in 2 or 3 more patches things could get better if Blizzard listens to the players more like they did with Flying. Maybe bring back some cancelled features or concepts. E.g. Trial of the Gladiator, and Karabor/Bladespire Keep as fleshed out cities.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    If it is, then I hope so. It would very much line up with Blizzcon coming in fall IIRC, and i'm sure we're all tired of WoD. Although i'm very open to seeing it off with a few more patches (there is so much lost potential here, what with the continent of ogres, along with Farahlon, and the two unnamed land masses southwest of Talador and Spires of Arak respectively on the world map.) so it won't be remembered not only as the worst expansion, but the shortest in WoW history. I think in 2 or 3 more patches things could get better if Blizzard listens to the players more like they did with Flying. Maybe bring back some cancelled features or concepts. E.g. Trial of the Gladiator, and Karabor/Bladespire Keep as fleshed out cities.
    It lines up more properly with Gamescom, I would say. New expansion reveals traditionally come a couple of months after the final patch has been released, and August is perfect timing for that. Not to mention that a BlizzCon announcement of 7.0 would turn 6.2 into a 10+ months long tier, which I don't see happening.

Hang on let me get some tinfoil for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Hang on let me get some tinfoil for you guys.
    Mine broke a few weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    It lines up more properly with Gamescom, I would say. New expansion reveals traditionally come a couple of months after the final patch has been released, and August is perfect timing for that. Not to mention that a BlizzCon announcement of 7.0 would turn 6.2 into a 10+ months long tier, which I don't see happening.
    What about Blizzard in the last 2 years leads you to believe the final patch of WoD won't be followed by an immense content drought?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    What about Blizzard in the last 2 years leads you to believe the final patch of WoD won't be followed by an immense content drought?
    Well, considering the entire expansion feels like a content drought, I can only imagine all resources are being poured into the next one.

Rather than spend ages trying to fix what's fundamentally broken, my guess is that they're trying to make a swift and strong comeback to make us forget our disappointment with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Well, considering the entire expansion feels like a content drought, I can only imagine all resources are being poured into the next one.

Rather than spend ages trying to fix what's fundamentally broken, my guess is that they're trying to make a swift and strong comeback to make us forget our disappointment with WoD.
    Listen bud, as someone who was once as optimistic as you, it isn't going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a comment some time ago from a blue that there would be as many raid tiers as necessary. I'm hoping we'll get more, though between the defeat of the Legion and the end of the Iron Horde, there might not be any major threats left to tackle story-wise. Could be that two tiers were all that were necessary.

I wasn't aware people still think 6.2 isn't the end of WoD.

Everything they have so far suggested, supports that 6.2 is the last raid tier. If you've been paying attention, at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There was a comment some time ago from a blue that there would be as many raid tiers as necessary. I'm hoping we'll get more, though between the defeat of the Legion and the end of the Iron Horde, there might not be any major threats left to tackle story-wise. Could be that two tiers were all that were necessary.
    For your perusal:

Ion Hazzikostas on Raids and Dungeons Q&A, Feb 27 2015

"Ultimately our focus is on reducing the gap in content, in terms of time between our final raid tier our our final patch, and the next expansion. Because we know that the time elapsed between Siege of Orgrimmar and Warlords of Draenor was unacceptably long. That was way, way too long - and we are all committed to reducing that gap. So whatever the right number of raid tiers is, to avoid having a huge gap like that, is what I think we're going to settle on. In my mind 6-7 months is a good amount of time for a large hefty raid tier, with 13 bosses [...]. 13 months - that's way too long."

Tom Chilton to Vanion, Aug 13 2014

"Some of it will depend on the time before the next expansion after Warlords. It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches. Each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe. Any less than that and it feels like you really rushed through the content."

I remember seeing an interview with Tom Chilton where he stated Grommash would be the endboss

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with Tom Chilton where he stated Grommash would be the endboss
    And Garrosh was going to die in SoO.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Honestly, they already consider the game cyclical. Players will come back for patches and then leave. They have accepted this reality and are planning for it. I highly doubt we will see an expac before next spring at the earliest. The absolute best situation you can hope for is an announcement at Blizzcon and then beta right after (which I highly doubt but it is possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    It was first mentioned at BlizzCon 2013, and then in the Vanion interview with Tom Chilton, at Gamescom 2014.

Here's the video you are referring to:

I personally think that Grom was a bit of a bait-and-switch, or at least a way for them to conceal the story of WoD. Had they said Archimonde right away, the Iron Horde would feel toothless right from the start, and none of the plot developments would have surprised us at all.

Although you can interpret that as you want, there was no official statement about the end of the expansion.

Ps.- I also think 6.2 will the the last tier of the expansion but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Villkiss View Post
    Although you can interpret that as you want, there was no official statement about the end of the expansion.

Ps.- I also think 6.2 will the the last tier of the expansion but that's just me.

@11:30 he flat out says it's the final raid of the expansion. No interpretation needed, and about official as you can get.

Well realistically where would you expect them to go? Anywhere on Dreanor after beating the legion and preventing another outland would be a step down from world saving to 'another conflict we dont need to waste resources on being involved with".

Take the ogre continent. That shadow on the map just exists, in my opinion as an art grad, to show the audience there is some other location the ogres call home. Otherwise the casual player who doesnt read quest text would wonder "why do i only see them in ruins?" and there we are. A visual representation of 'other' to wave away such questions. I dont think it was ever meant to be anything beyond "this is a world not just a continent like outland" for flavour and to impress that fact.

By 6.2 dreanor is supposedly free of the legion and the iron horde is crushed. Unless the arrakoa dig up apexuar or some other asspull theres not much more to work with.

Remember when Blizzard said no faction changes?
    Remember when Blizzard said no PvE to PvP server (and vice versa) transfers?
    Remember when Blizzard said no sex changes?
    Remember when Blizzard said no flying?

Point being, things change. Taking something from a year ago and applying it to now has to be taken with a grain of salt. After WoD, if Blizzard were to release another expansion too soon, people would just skip it for fear of it being another WoD flop. They'd have to really prove the next expansion isn't terrible AND is fairly priced for people to be drawn into it.

I don't care how you spin it, but spending $50 on this content void expansion was not worth the money. I'm in no hurry to spend another $50 (or more) on an expansion that hasn't proved anything yet. Only way I'd get the next one is if it's $20 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Remember when Blizzard said no faction changes?
    Remember when Blizzard said no PvE to PvP server (and vice versa) transfers?
    Remember when Blizzard said no sex changes?
    Remember when Blizzard said no flying?

Point being, things change. Taking something from a year ago and applying it to now has to be taken with a grain of salt. After WoD, if Blizzard were to release another expansion too soon, people would just skip it for fear of it being another WoD flop. They'd have to really prove the next expansion isn't terrible AND is fairly priced for people to be drawn into it.

I don't care how you spin it, but spending $50 on this content void expansion was not worth the money. I'm in no hurry to spend another $50 (or more) on an expansion that hasn't proved anything yet. Only way I'd get the next one is if it's $20 or less.
    Things change yes. But unless they give us any indication there is some change, just believing there is gonna be another raid, simply because "things change" is imo, simply stupid as fuck.