Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There was never any doubt. What advantage would Blizzard have in disappointing fans by announcing only two raid tiers and then releasing a 'surprise' third one, instead of just announcing that there would be no cuts right from the beginning?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 raid tier per expansion is another way to milk playerbase.
    because expansion aren't free, making them more often and selling them at higher price insure an increase of revenue.

it's not the final tier. Even the quest chain for the legendary removed the words indicating it was a final assault that showed up in early PTR. This was removed because obviously Blizzard doesn't expect to get the next expansion out in time to avoid another 1 yr content disaster or in this case 1 year of 6.2. There will be another tier, the last boss of this expansion is very obviously Gul'dan. He's even pulling the strings throughout Hellfire Citadel and plays a part in some of the encounters.

Just because the legendary line ends at 6.2 doesn't mean it's over. There even was discussion of adding another legendary aside from the ring during blizzcon if it fit the story or in this case, if there's another patch to add.

Mark my words, this isn't the end of WoD raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    What about Blizzard in the last 2 years leads you to believe the final patch of WoD won't be followed by an immense content drought?
    Because they are actually quite ahead in development now. Gotta remember WoD was supposed to be out in May.

I think they can do it this time, but the problem is people will complain that the expansions are too short.

I don't like the prospect of having to level every year and certainly not paying for 2 tiers only, unless the price drops.
    (and before some of you ask, I got enough money irl, so it's not me being cheap, but right now WoD did not deserve it's price).

Either way, as always I'll complain but keep playing, and don't ask me why, sometimes I don't even know it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    There was never any doubt. What advantage would Blizzard have in disappointing fans by announcing only two raid tiers and then releasing a 'surprise' third one, instead of just announcing that there would be no cuts right from the beginning?
    Exactly, actually Blizzard usually operates in the opposite direction, over hype things and make promises even if they don't know if they will be able to fulfill them and then see if they can deliver, if not, oops, tough luck.

To me it was very clear that he thinks that not every class needs a 735 weapon from Archimonde because there are no more bosses after Archimonde.

He said it doesn't matter if every class is equal gearing, because the goal is Archimonde and once Archimonde is dead (on Mythic) you are just farming content and parsing against other people of the same gear... but if there was another tier after this one, it would be extremely crucial for all classes to have gear off Archimonde in order to have all classes at the same balance going into the next tier. Since they don't care if all classes have similar balance going into next tier, chances are it doesn't exist.

No new tier does not mean no new content (as Halion taught us). I expect we might see a small raid just so they can say they did not have a year plus of no content before the expansion.

Deleted
    Thought the same thing when I heard that. I think they've just let something slip. Also the legendary rings are gonna be itemlevel 750 if I'm correct. With loot in mythic HFC already being 735, loot in the next raid tier would likely surpass the itemlevel of the legendary ring. I don't think that's such a good idea, and the legendary cloak had an itemlevel of 600, while loot in Siege of Orgrimmar mythic had an itemlevel of 566 (572 warforged). About double the difference between mythic loot and the legendary in WoD. So the gap between legendary and mythic gear is already rather small compared to how it was in MoP. Had they planned another raid tier, they probably would've made the itemlevel of the legendary ring higher, probably not even given it to us in 6.2. We've got the legendary cloak in Mists in 5.4, the same patch they gave us the last raid tier of the expansion.

We might get a filler raid, hell we might even just get Grom in a one-boss raid, but we probably won't get another raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I personally think that Grom was a bit of a bait-and-switch, or at least a way for them to conceal the story of WoD. Had they said Archimonde right away, the Iron Horde would feel toothless right from the start
    i think this is pretty accurate. in a world full of spoilers, i think some misdirection is appropriate so that the playerbase can enjoy some surprises here and there.

Do you really need to know the entire story of the expansion before it hits? in my opinion you dont.
    Hi

Grom was obviously a bait-and-switch. Could you have imagined the outcry of users a year ago after going almost 10 months without any new contents and having them saying that Kil'jaeden was gonna be the end boss of the next expansion (recycled boss)? It would have been so obvious how content-starved and clueless they are for new materials it would probably prevent the chance of a ton of people coming back. Instead they use Grom because in a way he's still new. Then do a j/k switch midway after the first tier is already out.

It is simply the power of PR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Because they are actually quite ahead in development now.
    How many times are you going to fall for the same trick?

ICC was out for a year with RS in between? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! DS was out for 11 months with no in between content? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! SoO was out for 13 months with no in between content? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! Hellfire Citadel was out for...

You get the idea. They've spun this same lie 3 times in a row, are you seriously gonna believe it again?
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2015-06-14 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "Grom is not the end boss of the expansion."

Simple, to the point, doesn't reveal anything other than Grom not being the main boss. Saying Grom and going against it doesn't suggest a bait and switch - It suggests either a straight up lie or a change in the expansion's development, which further explains the lack of content.

If content is being designed for one story, and that story doesn't happen, they have to redesign the content for the new story.
    It would reveal quite a lot, in fact. First of all, Grom would feel like a lame duck if we knew he wasn't the big bad. This would completely change how we approached the Iron Horde. "Okay, the Iron Horse is fine, but what's next?" would be the general attitude.

Second of all, it't not the first time they've done this. Illidan was one of the big selling-points of TBC. He was in the cinematics, on every poster, and overall portrayed as the big bad for a long while. But he was killed off in the first patch, making way for story development that ultimately led to Kil'jaeden. The same seems to be happening in WoD, with Grommash being "killed off" in the first (real) patch, making room for bigger baddies like Archimonde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    It lines up more properly with Gamescom, I would say. New expansion reveals traditionally come a couple of months after the final patch has been released, and August is perfect timing for that. Not to mention that a BlizzCon announcement of 7.0 would turn 6.2 into a 10+ months long tier, which I don't see happening.
    Which will actualy happen. There will not be any annoucement at Gamescom. But if you wnat another rushed expansion and end up with WoD 2.0 keep your hopes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    If it is, then I hope so. It would very much line up with Blizzcon coming in fall IIRC, and i'm sure we're all tired of WoD. Although i'm very open to seeing it off with a few more patches (there is so much lost potential here, what with the continent of ogres, along with Farahlon, and the two unnamed land masses southwest of Talador and Spires of Arak respectively on the world map.) so it won't be remembered not only as the worst expansion, but the shortest in WoW history. I think in 2 or 3 more patches things could get better if Blizzard listens to the players more like they did with Flying. Maybe bring back some cancelled features or concepts. E.g. Trial of the Gladiator, and Karabor/Bladespire Keep as fleshed out cities.
    trial of the gladiator is pretty much highmaul coliseum

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's no raid tier afterwords, because I'm already done with this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    How many times are you going to fall for the same trick?

ICC was out for a year with RS in between? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! DS was out for 11 months with no in between content? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! SoO was out for 13 months with no in between content? Wow we're sorry guys that patch lasted way too long but we're ahead in development now it won't happen next expansion! Hellfire Citadel was out for...

You get the idea. They've spun this same lie 3 times in a row, are you seriously gonna believe it again?
    Do you know that you didnt do? You didnt mention Vanilla and TBC. And this is core of the problem. Content what supostu last until new expansion is consumed too fast. This trend start with Cata specialy with LFR. We would not need faster expansion if game content would last like back in TBC. Blizzard released content faster then we could consume so we never get bored.

Now it is pretty mich about release patch. Rush trought content in LFR, normal or heroic then start complain how there is no content left for you to do for another 1y.

They will never be able to create enough content for us till they keep their content accessible for everyone. 6.2 will definitly be another 14 months patch or maybe even more. 6.2 doesnt have any long term content then raid whick most playrs will just rush trought LFR then they will be done for entire expansion. Blizzard seriously have to decrease accessibility of content on TBC or WOTLK level.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2015-06-14 at 02:20 PM.

I think 6.2 is unlikely to be the final tier. You guys can keep hoping, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Tedium is a key facet of how RPGs work.
    Normies are the enemy, make no mistake. However, this is a more insidious force at play. One that would see us gamers put to the sword. They are the anti-gamers (quoted poster is an example), and they must be stopped at all costs.