Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 6.2 - Naval Hats, Hellfire Assault Preview, Blue Tweets, Tavern Brawls

Mortal Shroud D1 Remake, Zero Empathy vs GR 74

Ben Brode on Buffing Bad Cards, Popular Decks of the Week

Heroes of the Storm at Dreamhack, Heroes Academy Episode 5

Patch 6.2 - Naval Hats
    Patch 6.2 adds some new naval themed hats as rewards from Naval Mission achievements! There are also some other versions of the hat that aren't in use yet.

Level Type Name Source Model Viewer
    1Neck Captain's Hat Petty Officer
    Modelviewer
    1Neck Captain's Hat Petty Officer
    Modelviewer
    1Neck Fleet Commander's Hat Charting a Course
    Modelviewer
    1Neck Fleet Commander's Hat Charting a Course
    Modelviewer

Patch 6.2 - Hellfire Assault Preview
    Today we are taking a look at Hellfire Assault, the first Hellfire Citadel boss encounter.

Level Type Spec Name Model Viewer
    675Leatherworking Pattern Hand-Welded Gorget
    690Finger Mar'tak's Rugged Seal
    690Leatherworking PatternAll Strength Bolt-Latched Felsteel Gorget
    675Leatherworking PatternAll Strength Fel Iron Roller Chain
    690TrinketHealer Flickering Felspark
    675TrinketHealer Pledge of Iron Loyalty
    690Leatherworking PatternAll Agility Faulty Detonator Cord
    690FingerAll Intellect Sootstained Felsworn Signet
    690QuestAll Agility Forward Observer's Camouflage Cloak
    Modelviewer
    690ClothAll Intellect Felgrease-Smudged Robes
    Modelviewer
    675ClothAll Intellect Sooty Felcult Robes
    Modelviewer
    690ClothAll Intellect Powder-Singed Bracers
    Modelviewer
    675ClothAll Intellect Manacles of Enforced Labor
    Modelviewer
    690QuestAll Intellect Sparkburnt Welder's Cloak
    Modelviewer
    690Leather Rangefinder's Spaulders
    Modelviewer
    675Leather Blackfuse Company Tool Belt
    Modelviewer
    690Leather Gorebound Wristguards
    Modelviewer
    675Leather Fel Mechanic's Sparkguard Bracers
    Modelviewer
    675Mail Iron Dragoon's Coif
    Modelviewer
    690Mail Iron Dragoon's Pantaloons
    Modelviewer
    675Mail Siegesmith's Chain Leggings
    Modelviewer
    690Mail Hand Loader Gauntlets
    Modelviewer
    690Plate Blastproof Legguards
    Modelviewer
    690Plate Shell-Resistant Stompers
    Modelviewer
    675Plate Engine-Kicking Boots
    Modelviewer
    690Plate Flamebelcher's Insulated Mitts
    Modelviewer
    675Plate Ironspike Knuckled Gauntlets
    Modelviewer
    690Shield Smoldercore Bulwark
    Modelviewer
    690GunAll Agility Felfire Munitions Launcher
    Modelviewer
    675GunAll Agility Snub-Nosed Iron Rifle
    Modelviewer
    690DaggerAll Agility Blackfuse Company Utility Knife
    Modelviewer
    675DaggerAll Agility Wicked Bonecarver's Knife
    Modelviewer

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    With the aid of the mercenary Blackfuse company, the Iron Horde constructed devastating siege machinery in the shadow of Hellfire Citadel, to be used in the eventual assault upon Azeroth's capitals. With the tanks now retrofitted to use fel energy, Siegemaster Mar'tak awaits Gul'dan's command to begin the assault.

• Overview - Players attempt to turn the massive Hellfire Cannons in the Citadel's courtyard against the mighty gate of the Citadel, while fending off Siegemaster Mar'tak and her militarized force. Throughout the encounter, waves of enemies rush at the players, periodically accompanied by huge siege weapons that seek to destroy the Cannons and the players defending them. Destroying these siege weapons allows players to salvage Felfire Munitions, which may be brought to the Hellfire Cannon, allowing it to continuously fire Hellfire Rounds at the Reinforced Hellfire Door. Once players successfully breach the Reinforced Hellfire Door, Siegemaster Mar'tak's forces retreat into the Citadel.
      • Damage Dealers -
        • Quickly defeat Gorebound Felcasters after they use Metamorphosis to become a Gorebound Terror.
        • Defeat Fel-Infused Siege Weapons to keep the Hellfire Cannons alive.
      • Healers -
      • Tanks -
        • Be ready to grab the attention of any Hellfire Reinforcements.
        • Slam stacks increase Physical damage taken, so be wary when tanking multiple enemies and a Hulking Berserker.
    • Hellfire Cannon - Upon starting the encounter, players commandeer both Hellfire Cannons. Siegemaster Mar'tak's forces continually pour forth from Hellfire Citadel to prevent players from capitalizing on posession of these cannons. Based on available Felfire Munition reserves, the Hellfire Cannon will continuously fire at the Reinforced Hellfire Door.
      • Felfire Munitions - Felfire-Imbued Siege Vehicles carry Felfire Munitions into battle. Upon death, the Felfire Munitions drop to the ground, allowing a player to pick it up. The Felfire Munitions despawn if not picked up within 1.5 min. Upon being picked up, a player gains Haste, increasing movement speed by 100% for 9 sec. While being carried, the Felfire Munitions inflicts 25,000 Fire damage every second.
    • Siegemaster Mar'tak -
      • Howling Axe - Hurls a notched axe at a target, which strikes all marked targets before returning to the caster. Upon impact with each target, inflicts 80,000 Nature damage to enemies within 8 yards.
      • Shockwave - Sends a shockwave in a targeted direction, inflicting 121,875 Nature damage and knocking back enemies within 4 yards of each impact.
      • Inspiring Presence - Inspires nearby units, increasing damage done by 10%. This value increases while the caster fights enemies.
    • Hellfire Reinforcements -
      • Iron Dragoon - This hardened melee enemy wields a sharpened polearm and is at the beck and call of Siegemaster Mar'tak.
      • Hulking Berserker -
        • Slam - Slams the target for 85,750 Physical damage and increases Physical damage taken by 10% for 12 sec. This effect stacks.
        • Cower! - Roars, causing nearby enemies to Cower for 9 sec., reducing their movement speed by 20% and inflicting 35,000 Physical damage, bypassing armor.
      • Gorebound Felcaster -
        • Incinerate - Hurls a gout of flame at a target, inflicting Fire damage.
        • Felfire Volley - Conjures a volley of flame, inflicting 20,000 Fire damage to enemies within 50 yards.
        • Metamorphosis - Transforms into a demonic entity, inflicting 25,000 Fire damage and knocking back enemies within 5 yards and buffs the caster, increasing damage by 50% and movement speed by 100%.
          Immune to crowd control effects.
          • Gorebound Terror -
            • Felfire Volley - Conjures a volley of flame, inflicting 20,000 Fire damage to enemies within 50 yards.
      • Contracted Engineer -
        • Repair - Repairs a targeted vehicle, healing it for 2% of total health every half-second.
        • Conducted Shock Pulse - Shocks a target with a conductive shock pulse, inflicting 42,850 Nature damage and stunning the target for 6 sec. This damaging effect may jump up to [ $185,806X2 - 1 ] additional targets.
        • Boom - Sets an explosive charge at a target's feet, inflicting 71,500 Fire damage to targets within 5 yards after a short duration.
      • Grand Corruptor U'rogg -
        • Corruption Nova - Spews a stream of vile corruption, inflicting 53,600 Shadow damage to enemies within 2 yards of each impact location.
        • Corruption Bolt - Hurls a ribbon of corruption at the target, inflicting 32,150 Shadow damage.
        • Corruption Siphon - Corrupts the soul of a target, draining all but a sliver of their health, healing the caster for 3 times the drained value, and absorbing healing equal to the drained health for 15 sec.
      • Grute -
        • Cannonball - Leaps at an enemy, inflicting 200,000 Physical damage to enemies within 9 yards of the targeted location.
        • Shockwave - Sends a shockwave in a targeted direction, inflicting 121,875 Nature damage and knocking back enemies within 4 yards of each impact.
        • Cower! - Roars, causing nearby enemies to Cower for 9 sec, reducing their movement speed by 30% and inflicting 65,000 Physical damage, bypassing armor.
        • Slam - Slams the target for 85,750 Physical damage and increases Physical damage taken by 10% for 12 sec. This effect stacks.
    • Felfire-Imbued Siege Vehicles -
      • Felfire Crusher -
        • Bore - The Felfire Felcrusher inflicts 107,000 Nature damage to frontal enemies every half-second.
        • Burn - The Felfire Felcrusher brings several additional units to battle who channel flame in a frontal cone, inflicting 16,100 Fire damage every half second for 4 sec.
      • Felfire Flamebelcher -
        • Belch Flame - Belches a volley of flame in the direction of the Hellfire Cannon, inflicting 205,000 Fire damage to enemies within 3 yards of each missiles' impact location.
      • Felfire Artillery -
        • Artillery Blast - Fires a superheated artillery shell at the Hellfire Cannons, inflicting 89,300 Fire damage to anything within 40 yards.
      • Felfire Demolisher -
        • Siege Nova - Fires a series of mortars in a targeted direction, each inflicting 53,600 Fire damage to enemies within 3 yards of each impact.

Additionally, a final mortar blast strikes enemies within 100 yards for 150,000 Fire damage, partially decreasing in damage as distance increases.
      • Felfire Transporter -
        • Call to Arms! - The Felfire Transporter delivers a seemingly endless supply of units to the front lines.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lore
    Then how can Sargeras, as a (former) Titan, transcend all realities?
    He doesn't. (Muffinus)

Do Titans also transcend all realities or are there multiple Titans?
    They don't, there are multiple titans, they are searching the cosmos for additional Titans. (Muffinus)
    but if titan went to twisting nether ? Is twisting nether have all realities inside?
    The Twisting Nether is the line between the ebb of Light and the flow of Void. A place of chaos and fragments. (Muffinus)
    it will be wierd if not because demon which die in twisting nether are dead.
    Twisting Nether is the only place where demons can truly die, yes. The specifics are yet unknown. (Muffinus)

only the timelines that broxigar was there.
    Brox did a good deed in preventing Sargeras from concentrating on the Well, but he is very dead, and Sarg healed. (Muffinus)

Quick question about a specific character. Was Illidan considered a demon in BC?
    Depends on which side you're on #TeamIllidan #TeamMalfurion (Muffinus)
    Good decoy answer. But you're safe Jeremy cos already teased us with Illidan in Nether.
    Metzen is but a conduit through which we operate, like eldritch tentacles of corruption. (Muffinus)

I wasn't super fussed this expac because there's no ramifications. Nobody DID make it through.
    AU Archimonde contains a lot of knowledge MU Archimonde didn't have, this is important. (Muffinus)
    Pesky Gul'dan. Peskier Wrathio- nobody who said wrathion admiral taylor whaaaat shh.
    I'm not actually sure what Wrathion's up to these days, would know better. Hot tubbing imo (Muffinus)

so all demons emrage there? From all realities? As i understand from what you wrote.
    It's complex, but: AU is a different timeline, BUT can affect our timeline if it gets through. (Muffinus)
    That concern is SO 6.0. Now we're all excited 'cos confirmed Archimonde IS MU.
    MU? (Muffinus)
    Main Universe. Because Demons exist outside of timelines. They just go back to the Nether.
    Not really, AU Archimonde is dead until AU Sargeras revives him. Reviving takes a while. (Muffinus)
    You need to see this: https://t.co/Q1omRgfX4i
    I have! Demons work... oddly. (Muffinus)
    as a semi-casual lore fan that played WC3/TFT cmpgns multiple times: all this timetravel MU/AU is beyond confusing. I have no clue
    Focus on the awesome cinematics (Muffinus)
    I just ordered some of the Warcraft novels too bc I want to understand
    I re-read the LOTC and WoE series regularly! Great books for learning WC history/characters. (Muffinus)

AU Draenor: think about it like this - a wholly separate world, that can only affect our world if it gets through to IRL Azeroth. (Muffinus)
    That's not the issue. The issue is the Legion, according to is the same one from IRL Azeroth.
    Fras' is right in whatever he says Until he retcons it and makes space hyenas. (Muffinus)
    OMG we now need space hyenas
    The sarcastic cousin of space goats (Muffinus)

I get gameplay>story, I don't agree but I get it, but Wow has gotten to the point that I can't even understand what's going on
    Gameplay First doesn't mean gameplay > story, not at all. I think the reason fighting Arthas was fun was b/c the story of WC3 (Muffinus)
    It doesn't seem to show much of that sentiment now-a-days. Retconning Archimonde's death into a setback cheapens the impact.
    I think that "the legion is endless" adds a real sort of time pressure to it, though, and that's fun storytelling. (Muffinus)

I'm kind of confused...when demons die do their souls go to the nether or the void (realm of the dead) and are warlocks merely
    Void isn't realm of the dead, nether is where demons go. Void is NOTHING. No demons, nothing. (Muffinus)
    Nothing but Voidwalkers =] <3 Just curious, are they undead?
    Generally classified as Aberrations. (Muffinus)

Treasures
    Jeremy, i dont know if you were the dev who Made all the treasures but this is feedback. http://t.co/39sIkpmcPH
    I wasn't, but I generally agree with the idea "completed area, allow flying" (Muffinus)
    thats very well but the treasures themselves are not very rewarding.
    IMO of they were sellable for resources (garrison, oil, or BoA) that would make this a fun proposition. (Muffinus)
    btw i loved the treasure hunt scenario on the thunder isle more, namely, due to how lucrative it was. Hint hint.
    I liked it too, definitely something that I think should be re-investigated, super fun weekly event. (Muffinus)
    wait, arent you guys doing some kind of weekly bonus event next patch?
    Every weekend, a different gameplay objective is highlighted for extra rewards, like timewalking dungeons! (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Bugs
    All bugs should be fixed. Is that really even debated?
    Actually, yes. I have worked at three AAA studios and all of them chose not to fix some bugs. (OccupyGStreet)

Game Design
    Greg, do you think that Wildstar is an example of why "Hardcore" doesn't work? Didn't have LFR raids, and still flopped.
    My professional opinion is that success has less to do with features and more to do with where the players are. (OccupyGStreet)
    I don't think players just automatically migrate to the best game with the most robust features. Switching is a pretty high cost. (OccupyGStreet)
    My message to any dev out there on any game is not to compete with an established franchise on their turf. Build something else. (OccupyGStreet)
    You don't build a better WoW than WoW. You make something different. (OccupyGStreet)

I don't think content being seen as it's released is a good thing. WoW devs need to make the game a lot more time consuming.
    You don't think players risk seeing that as a grind for the purposes of keeping you playing? I heard that frequently. (OccupyGStreet)

I don't think that's the case. We've lost a lot in WoW and the developers keep telling us what's "fun"
    "Fun" is hard. You'll get one player saying only raiding is fun and another saying raids aren't fun. They are both right. (OccupyGStreet)
    I'm making my own game and I fully understand that. Telling the player something is "fun" (or not) is the wrong approach.
    Yeah, I think the most you can do is say "we hope this will be fun" or "we think it will be." (OccupyGStreet)

when you worked on warcraft, you were a systems designer? Is a that a very specific kind a of game designer?
    Yes. Systems is about how the different mechanics in a game work together. Economy, progression or combat are systems. (OccupyGStreet)
    Other types of game design are narrative, level, UI, cinematics, content, etc. (OccupyGStreet)

Hearthstone Patch - Tavern Brawl and More
    Hearthstone had a patch appear this week with a new game mode: Tavern Brawl. It also contained more of the hero skins, UI updates, new cards, new sounds, new music, and more!

Last edited by chaud; 2015-06-15 at 01:29 AM.

Them some fine hats ya got there, Blizzard.

#FreeMoveth2015

Those hats are the best addition of WoD.

If only Blizzard would fix the issue that some hats make you look bald when equipped.

According to Prince Malchezaar, from Karazhan, all possibilities are open to him at the top of Karazhan. He's dead since we killed him then, but imagine that the top of Karazhan is a conduit. Karazhan holds the key to a lot of the answers and they should take the opportunity to fill in the gap with what is going on up there. If all realities and possibilities were open to Prince Malchezaar, I'm sure we can better understand the twisting nether or the idea of realities.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Them some fine hats ya got there, Blizzard.

#FreeMoveth2015
    I wonder if they are mogable or if they "forgot" to add it... or they have some excuse like we don't want people running around looking like this in raids as it isn't our "vision" of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I wonder if they are mogable or if they "forgot" to add it... or they have some excuse like we don't want people running around looking like this in raids as it isn't our "vision" of the game....
    There's a few items that aren't labeled "Cosmetic" that can be used for Transmog, such as the Bandannas Griftah sells.

Alleria, Medvih, Magni. Blizzard's new goal is to alienate the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I'm sure there will be horde representation in some of the other classes. Willing to bet the Druid will be Hamuul, Rogue Garona and Shaman either Rehgar or Drek'thar for example.

Deleted
    Holy shit, all those half-assed shitty answers from the blue.

I'm ok with this considering they already have World of Hordecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time they got around to that.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    as a semi-casual lore fan that played WC3/TFT cmpgns multiple times: all this timetravel MU/AU is beyond confusing. I have no clue
    Focus on the awesome cinematics (Muffinus)
    Uhh, this is disgusting. I can't get over it. "fuck the lore, dis things is awsum!111one"

10+ Year Old Account
    What a clusterfuck they just created lorewise with the alternate timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    What a clusterfuck they just created lorewise with the alternate timelines.
    You are indeed correct. As a lore fan, I'd like to see an actual chapter added to the lore section of the website, just to clarify wtf we've been doing and who in hell we're killing. MU/AU Archimonde? It seems from this that it's AU, but then why all that: ''That's not how demons work'' line?

Even people who weren't struggling with the original idea behind the expac before it came out are going to be confused now as we have almost 0 clarity. I still want to know what MU Velen is doing and why it was so important for AU Yrel to take over the Draenei. It just seems rushed at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    Even people who weren't struggling with the original idea behind the expac before it came out are going to be confused now as we have almost 0 clarity. I still want to know what MU Velen is doing and why it was so important for AU Yrel to take over the Draenei. It just seems rushed at this point.
    Btw, what does Yrel do in 6.2? Anything... important? I bet they have already forgotten her.

Now that first mate hats gone be got off the AH for a few hundred gold I still won't use one because after 10 years Blizz still can't do basic geometry when it comes to model designs.

Deleted
    i bet they will come around with a reboot story - to solve the lore conflicts/anomalies ... nowadys rebooting is very modern ...

10+ Year Old Account
    shit. fancy hats. my one weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    You are indeed correct. As a lore fan, I'd like to see an actual chapter added to the lore section of the website, just to clarify wtf we've been doing and who in hell we're killing. MU/AU Archimonde? It seems from this that it's AU, but then why all that: ''That's not how demons work'' line?

I don't think it's entirely confusing. At least, I didn't think so. We're all fantasy/sci-fi nerds. Alternate timelines and universes shouldn't screw us up too much.

From what I can see we're killing AU Archi. But AU and MU Archi are both derived from the same core essence that exists in the TN. And the state of the TN seems to be odd; it could be transient where it is linked to all other TNs in other universes but still separate. They all exist weaved together, separate but unified.

Demons, or pseudo-demons like Archi, have their core essence in the TN which is flickering between all other TNs so they share the same base model. Upon revival (remember, these are mere copies as their originals are stored in the TN), the demon is revived in the universe he recently died in and is summoned from there. TN seems to be demon Limbo that exists at all times, places, and realities at once but are really layered TNs on top of each other.

Of course, that's what I assume. It kind of reminds me of, for instance, when Deathwing emerged from Deepholm. Deepholm isn't literally underground. When DW rattled the ground he wasn't literally beneath the continent. He was in a separate realm that is tied to the entirety of Azeroth, existing everywhere at once.