Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting the itch too play this game again. Kinda bummed that we have seen ZERO news on anymore campaign stuff. Best part of the game imo

The way I see the doom 'lore' is:
    Doom ep1: doomguy on phobos moonbase. Dies at end.
    Doom ep2: doomguy on deimos moonbase. Turns out the base got ported to Hell. <doomguy died and went to hell in ep1>
    Doom ep3: doomguy in hell. Killing demons to prevent 'invasion'. Rips and tears his way out of hell.
    Doom ep4: likely not canon in any sense, just randomness.

Doom 2: doomguy on earth. Demon invasion on earth. Goes back to hell to kill demon invasion from within. Kills Icon of Sin (the demon Titan?) to seal the portal, stuck in hell now. So might as well continue killing demons.

Doom 3: supposed to be retelling of Doom (1), only on Mars. Still goes to hell and kills demons and stuff, but never 'dies' to go to hell, if I recall correctly.

DOOM (4): supposedly after the events of Doom 2 (as you see remnants of the Icon of Sin in hell, with there being archives of killing a demon 'Titan'). Who know how long the doomguy was even in hell, or if he could ever truly die while in hell. Then he gets put in stasis, as hell can't kill the doomguy/doomslayer.

Whether the true events of the doom series utilizes Doom or Doom 3, DOOM (4) doesn't seem to care about which is being used, as there doesn't seem to be any glaring points that it uses Doom 3. In the end, it's all doomguy, and its all demon killing, as that's all doomguy wants.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcade Mode is fun! Great addition :-)
    It really entices me to play even more violent and brutal due to the medal system. Love it!

Still having my fingers crossed for a singleplayer DLC in the likes of Resurrection of Evil. The game is just too awesome not to expand on.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-10-24 at 07:32 AM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    So the third DLC for MP has been released.

The new maps are beautiful and the MP has improved a lot since release. Only problem is that there are not many people on the PC side. I will blame load outs.

So is there any news concerning a possible of Singleplayer DLC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So is there any news concerning a possible of Singleplayer DLC?
    People have been asking for it but Id says there are no plans for it. I find this very stupid on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    People have been asking for it but Id says there are no plans for it. I find this very stupid on their part.
    Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil wasn't released until a year after Doom 3's initial release.
    I hope they'll at some point release a SP DLC. Doom 2016 is one of my favourite by far. It's just too awesome not to expand on it.

But if there's no DLC, I'd be just as happy with them announcing there'll be a Doom 2018 or smt :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Hopefully the DLC would move away from the SS style arena combat. Unlikely tho' as they still have to accomodate to the console limitations. :|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hopefully the DLC would move away from the SS style arena combat. Unlikely tho' as they still have to accomodate to the console limitations. :|
    I wouldn't say arena style is because of console limitations. But yes I wish they could do some changes for the PC SP experience to make it more open ended.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I wouldn't say arena style is because of console limitations. But yes I wish they could do some changes for the PC SP experience to make it more open ended.
    Well, arena style itself is not due to console limitations, but the way it's handled is. It's very much apparent from the editor where amount of placeable mobs is extremely limited to avoid going over memory limits of the level. That's why it's done in the way of spawn wave, kill wave, spawn wave, kill wave until room is finished and you're being moved on. It's quite different from other game that is basically the 'clear room, move on, clear room' gameplay master, Serious Sam where as opposed to 5-10 mobs being thrown at you in waves, at once you can get up to hundreds as a constant stream with high enough COOP player amount.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    So, Steam just wanted to update Doom. OK. "Not enough disk space." I'm like, "yeah there is, there's still 18G on that drive you dumbshit!" I check what it's taking up already...76.7G. Right. That's not a dumb amount already at all!

I go google...update 6.66, unlocks multiplayer DLCs and revamps player progression and whatnot. OK, so I remove some other games, let's just get this thing updated.

LOLOLOLOLOLZ. The update is...34.7G more! Doom, you're trolling me. For realzies. I don't even play the multiplayer!

10+ Year Old Account
    why the fuck is it 55 gigs??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Modern geometry and textures does not come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, Steam just wanted to update Doom. OK. "Not enough disk space." I'm like, "yeah there is, there's still 18G on that drive you dumbshit!" I check what it's taking up already...76.7G. Right. That's not a dumb amount already at all!

I go google...update 6.66, unlocks multiplayer DLCs and revamps player progression and whatnot. OK, so I remove some other games, let's just get this thing updated.

LOLOLOLOLOLZ. The update is...34.7G more! Doom, you're trolling me. For realzies. I don't even play the multiplayer!
    When I installed the update, the size of the folder actually decreased to 67gb.