[PVP] Does anyone still plays fire in PVP?

So does anyone still plays fire in PVP? I kinda gave up on fire pvp since i hit 100 and got some gear and realized, i still get owned and my damage is shit.

Recently i went to PTR 6.2 and got full pvp ilvl 730 gear and my damage felt even weaker compared to other classes. Especially compared to hunter / feral / warrior - i cannot get them low, because they keep healing and my damage is low. Any tips? I dont think i am going to resub because it seems like fire pvp is dead since beginning of WOD

oh and can you even beat ferals? it seems impossible, cant even get them below 50% and i blow all my cds including healing twice via ice block

Ferals eat mages alive (Really, they eat everything alive)

Fire can be good damage, but it involves a lot of setup and getting things to align correctly.

Getting some sort of Meteor-> Fireball -> Pyro -> BWx2 burst is gonna be your best bet, but you won't get rewarded as much as say... a feral druid who pops incarnation and goes full rape train.

think the only high rated PVP fire mage ive seen is Hansol

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to the crit nerf (only 150% vs players) and the fact that Combustion is dispellable still, it just takes far too much effort and even more luck to do well as Fire in serious pvp. It's still pretty fun in Ashran tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BreaKerNZ View Post
    think the only high rated PVP fire mage ive seen is Hansol
    i think he quit wow too, havent uploaded a single video in 1 month. what the fuck is blizzard thinking is out of my mind.

Deleted
    I really like Fire for PvP but i feel so useless ...

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of control this expansion killed the spec at PVP. Yes control.

It's sincerely praying for the RNG gods all the time, no shatter or PoM or AT or DF to set up any kind of damage, don't even think about burst.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-06-21 at 01:49 PM.

I used to play fire until WoD. They made it boring as hell to play after the prune. And as some people said there's barely any CC you can do and the set up for burst is just too annoying.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

He got banned. Hes been streaming every day on his new mage tho.. Hes currently 25xx trying to get to 2700(glad range). I know him IRL too. He has not quit. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    I used to play fire until WoD. They made it boring as hell to play after the prune. And as some people said there's barely any CC you can do and the set up for burst is just too annoying.
    I recently started playing on a cataclysm private-server. The PvP back then wasn't the greatest, really, but woooow... Once I returned to the official servers I felt almost as heartbroken as when 6.0 initally hit. The combustions used to be so juicy! Hunters used to be manageable! Even Ferals might've been killed 1v1! Nearly forgot how it felt to be the apex predator.

Been playing as fire mage in pvp ever since late wotlk ( fiery payback was just too good/fun to play with )

Tried to do the same in wod, but it just wouldn't work like before. It seems as if fire lost its sting this expansion.

Fire is a massive control and survivability build, it has endless snares and roots all of which is almost on the move...with all the tools the class has fire is just crazy control+survival+mobility..

The reason its not much in arena is because frost can burst and arena kill window requires coordinated burst+control....fire will not do that...

So, solo queue randoms in BG's sure go fire and run around annoying the heck out of players...but if you want kills...line up CD's and Deep Freeze with your teams burst and BOOM its over...cant do that with fire..

I tried but Fire completely lacks the oomph to be of any use. I tried the pve set to eke out some extra damage and only chaining pyros with the 4 set can dent the health of anybody. The passive "strictly-for-leveling" in-combat sustains of other classes just put our DoT reliant spec in an even worse spot.

No, I used to LOVE fire for PvP, but now I'm pretty much forced to play frost to get anywhere. The removal of deep freeze and nothing to replace it pretty much ruined the spec for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, I used to LOVE fire for PvP, but now I'm pretty much forced to play frost to get anywhere. The removal of deep freeze and nothing to replace it pretty much ruined the spec for PvP.
    well you couldnt deep freeze as fire until MOP. the problem isnt DF its everything else... fire damage is too weak. combustion is completely useless too. If fire damage was buffed and combustion returned to wotlk state i think fire could do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    well you couldnt deep freeze as fire until MOP. the problem isnt DF its everything else... fire damage is too weak. combustion is completely useless too. If fire damage was buffed and combustion returned to wotlk state i think fire could do well.
    Losing shatter as fire sucks. And fire damage is gimmicky (combustion isn't even scary in pvp... ever)

With buffs to frost the only reason to play fire is if you are special snowflake.

I play fire in pvp (on the ptr). It has too many pitfalls to be a good pvp spec. Pyro hits like a wet noodle - because "it has a dot" - and hot streak is dispellable. No self-buffs like icy veins or pom, no instant ranged cc like deep freeze (or storm bolt, or asphyxiate... kek). It needs someone else on the team to carry a lot of the weight, far more than frost.

But, then again, I'm crap at pvp, so take that as you will. Here's an example (the rogue was even using glaives):

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    I play fire in pvp (on the ptr). It has too many pitfalls to be a good pvp spec. Pyro hits like a wet noodle - because "it has a dot" - and hot streak is dispellable. No self-buffs like icy veins or pom, no instant ranged cc like deep freeze (or storm bolt, or asphyxiate... kek). It needs someone else on the team to carry a lot of the weight, far more than frost.

But, then again, I'm crap at pvp, so take that as you will. Here's an example (the rogue was even using glaives):
    [video=youtube;IG6MzNvO0ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG6MzNvO0ck
    Your biggest issue is you are using inferno blast to get your first proc, and then pretty much wasting it by not critting and then that proc disappearing. You need to spam scorch to get your first proc, THEN inferno blast to get a hot streak proc.