The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asari are not confused. The rest of the binarygender galaxy are. It's perfectly fine for Asari to pose as females in binarygendered galaxy. But that doesn't make them female. Calling them female is just following a popular opinion, a.k.a. ignorance.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    ME1 didn't have the active camo ability, but ME2 and ME3 did have time slowing down on it.
    All the games have the camo ability but the camo ability has never slowed down time. For ME1 you got slow down when you aimed with a sniper. In ME2 it was tied to the infiltrator class skill and in ME3 it was tied to a sniper module.

controller support for PC is awesome I mean,, I prefer keyboard, but if/when I decide to go with couch gaming - it will be nice to not have to have keyboard in my lap (which i HAVE done, but its not as comfortable to lounge with as with a controller)

as for romance options. personaly, I have no idea. the character I'm interested in may not even BE romanceable, so... /shrug

http://www.computerbild.de/fotos/cbs...-17385715.html

10 new screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    All the games have the camo ability but the camo ability has never slowed down time. For ME1 you got slow down when you aimed with a sniper. In ME2 it was tied to the infiltrator class skill and in ME3 it was tied to a sniper module.
    It's been like 7-8 years since I played Infiltrator in the first game. There might have been slowdown on scoping with rifles, but there's no active camo ability that it's tied to at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's been like 7-8 years since I played Infiltrator in the first game. There might have been slowdown on scoping with rifles, but there's no active camo ability that it's tied to at least.
    Yeah you are right, no cloak in ME1. ME1 was so short that I forgot the skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, these visuals are a huge upgrade over ME3 - and I adored ME3 visuals. I just hope the performance won't be sacrificed as much in return as it was in DAI, where I had to play on Medium-to-High with my monstrous configuration and still was only getting ~30 FPS most of the time (in 4K). Mass Effect just has to be fluid!

Regarding Infiltrator playthrough in ME1, there was no cloak and no slowdown. Really, Infiltrator was just a hybrid of Soldier and Engineer, there wasn't anything special about that class - and Sniper Rifles, for the most part, were useless, due to extremely low fire rate and quick overheating. I always saw Infiltrator as "poor man's Soldier", and I've played Infiltrator 3-4 times.
    It is ME2 where they made every hybrid class truly unique: Sentinel got high shields, Infiltrator cloak and Sniper Rifle slowdown, and Vanguard charge and shotgun slowdown. In ME1, there were basically 3 classes, and the other 3 had some abilities from 2 other classes mixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, these visuals are a huge upgrade over ME3 - and I adored ME3 visuals. I just hope the performance won't be sacrificed as much in return as it was in DAI, where I had to play on Medium-to-High with my monstrous configuration and still was only getting ~30 FPS most of the time (in 4K). Mass Effect just has to be fluid!
    They've had 2½ years to improve it. Plus, the word is that the reason we haven't gotten the exact system requirements yet is that they're still working on making sure the game can run on as many systems as possible.

Regarding Infiltrator playthrough in ME1, there was no cloak and no slowdown. Really, Infiltrator was just a hybrid of Soldier and Engineer, there wasn't anything special about that class - and Sniper Rifles, for the most part, were useless, due to extremely low fire rate and quick overheating. I always saw Infiltrator as "poor man's Soldier", and I've played Infiltrator 3-4 times.
    It is ME2 where they made every hybrid class truly unique: Sentinel got high shields, Infiltrator cloak and Sniper Rifle slowdown, and Vanguard charge and shotgun slowdown. In ME1, there were basically 3 classes, and the other 3 had some abilities from 2 other classes mixed.
    It was pretty funny to load up a rifle with the insta-overheat mod and the AOE damage thing. You could just fire once at the ground in the middle of a group of enemies, and everything would disintegrate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea when they will post requirments for ME:A? I waiting only for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any idea when they will post requirments for ME:A? I waiting only for that.
    "Within two weeks" last week. So expect them some time next week, if they don't just go all-in along with preview embargo being lifted today.

10+ Year Old Account
    She almost looks like a human bean in this image.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh I see, anthropomorphism is rampant here still. Asari are not female, just because they are perceived female.
    They have vaginas.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished my replay of ME2. Unlike ME1, this game has aged very well indeed. Both visually, and in terms of story depth. I still get the chills during a perfectly executed Suicide Mission where nobody dies, I still get the hibbie-jibbies when I have to fight the human-reaper larva, and that final scene in Overlord when you see just what David Archer was forced to become still chills me to the bone. The chemistry between Shepard and Liara during Lair of the Shadow Broker is a thing of beauty.

Now I'm replaying ME3, and good groovy, I had almost forgotten just how overwhelmingly improved and refined the gameplay was in the third game when compared to the second and SPECIALLY the first. Shepard's movements aren't anywhere near as stiff, powers and weapons feel more effective, and enemy variety forces you to spruce up your tactics.

Also, I heavily HEAVILY recommend everyone to replay ME3 with this fan-mod installed.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3...eview%3D&pUp=1

Holy shit O_O

What a massive improvement this thing adds to the vanilla game. Loads of new guns, armors, missions, the ability to customize the normandy, improved War Asset gameplay, and so much more. It greatly enhances an already amazing game. And when mixed together with the Ending-Override mod, they more or less make ME3 a flawless game.

- - - Updated - - -

Gameplay trailer Numero 2 is up.

This time detailing Squadmates.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Also, I heavily HEAVILY recommend everyone to replay ME3 with this fan-mod installed.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3...eview%3D&pUp=1

Holy shit O_O

What a massive improvement this thing adds to the vanilla game. Loads of new guns, armors, missions, the ability to customize the normandy, improved War Asset gameplay, and so much more. It greatly enhances an already amazing game. And when mixed together with the Ending-Override mod, they more or less make ME3 a flawless game.
    Oh man that does look good. Should try to mod combo at some point.

Maybe during summer when I literally have nothing to do.

Apparently the squadmates will indeed only be six =(

Barring that they add more via DLC (Which fucking sucks. I can't get DLCs easily, and the biggest thing about bioware games is interacting with your crew. Holding cremates behind a pay wall is not cool) these six are all we're gonna get. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second combat video is cool from a gameplay perspective but what the fuck is with that fiend being so unbelievably stupid? I really hope they dumbed the AI down for demonstration purposes but I feel they did it a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh man that does look good. Should try to mod combo at some point.

Maybe during summer when I literally have nothing to do.
    Its stupid-easy to install too, since they made an .exe installer that makes this mod work as if it was a DLC. Its pretty much a free, fan-made DLC that improves the basic game by a metric fuck-ton. Adding tons of new casual outfits, armors, weapons, gameplay elements (For example, picking who your officers are in the normandy, each having different gameplay effects) new missions, and ohhh sooooooooooo much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The second combat video is cool from a gameplay perspective but what the fuck is with that fiend being so unbelievably stupid? I really hope they dumbed the AI down for demonstration purposes but I feel they did it a bit too much.
    Its entirely possible that they were playing the game on the "narrative" difficulty mode (AKA: The "So easy you can't die even on purpose" mode that was in ME3). Its hard to showcase the different abilities and movement when you're frantically trying your damnest to not die.

Apparently the squadmates will indeed only be six =(

Barring that they add more via DLC (Which fucking sucks. I can't get DLCs easily, and the biggest thing about bioware games is interacting with your crew. Holding cremates behind a pay wall is not cool) these six are all we're gonna get. What a shame.
    Well they can always do Day-1 DLC with a very important lore figure and Squadmate added in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its stupid-easy to install too, since they made an .exe installer that makes this mod work as if it was a DLC. Its pretty much a free, fan-made DLC that improves the basic game by a metric fuck-ton. Adding tons of new casual outfits, armors, weapons, gameplay elements (For example, picking who your officers are in the normandy, each having different gameplay effects) new missions, and ohhh sooooooooooo much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Its entirely possible that they were playing the game on the "narrative" difficulty mode (AKA: The "So easy you can't die even on purpose" mode that was in ME3). Its hard to showcase the different abilities and movement when you're frantically trying your damnest to not die.
    Hence why I said, "I feel they did it a bit too much"

It's common practice for AI to be dumbed down in demos, but I rarely see enemies just literally walk around while the dev is blasting them with fire. I'm not saying it needs to be set to Insanity, but it should at least be somewhat representative of what the base game is going to be like. I just hope that what we saw isn't actually representative of what the actual game is going to be like (for the record I doubt it is).

- - - Updated - - -

From a reputable dude on Neogaf

"Originally Posted by Camarasketch

Am I the only one who sees the combat slow and clumsy?
    Enemies do move really slow and they don't look for cover or anything,they just stay there absorbing your bullets...looks really bad in my opinion.

From some personal hands-on, the enemies can be relentless and tough as hell. I bet Mac was playing on "narrative" difficulty here to specifically show off the mechanics and not bother with actually fighting to survive."

Good to hear.

Not sure how i feeld about it yet. The most important part in me1-3 was the crew. We had a whole game that focussed just on them.

Now we get 6! mates and what i have seen so far seems blank. Not even sure it would be possible for them to create a setting like the first 3 games did.
    I just don't see me getting emotionally involved with any of the new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Not sure how i feeld about it yet. The most important part in me1-3 was the crew. We had a whole game that focussed just on them.

Now we get 6! mates and what i have seen so far seems blank. Not even sure it would be possible for them to create a setting like the first 3 games did.
    I just don't see me getting emotionally involved with any of the new characters.
    ME1 had 6 squadmates (one corresponding to each class available to you) and one of them even gets killed midgame. Six squadmates and whole supporting cast abroad the ship and Nexus station is not too bad of a starting point.

Remember, it took the first trilogy three games to reach this point:

And that was with 2nd game all about recruiting a big band of misfits for a literal Suicide Mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It seems (or I would hope it seems) like he is playing on an easier difficulty... He is getting shot the whole video and his shield is barely dropping from the hits and then instantly recharges a second later.

All the demos so far seem that way, with most enemies just standing there shooting... With some of them using cover being the most menacing thing they did.