Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hm, I'm playing the release version now, and facial animations seem to be better. That Addison chick especially. She blinks now, have facial animations and her lip syncing is almost perfect.
    Can you take a video?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No one bothered to animate jello water, mostly because everyone in the industry knows that getting good looking water is pretty much the holy grail and about as real and feasible atm as finding a unicorn in your backyard.
    Holy Grail:

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Holy Grail:

But can you take that rain, apply the same code into a bottle of wine and make characters drink that wine without looking funny or falling deep into uncanny valley?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    https://www.origin.com/deu/en-us/sto...e-year-edition
    They made one for DA:I. They still bundle them all together after a while.
    I wish they would release dlc bundles instead. The dlc is cheaper in goty bundles but i never want to rebuy the base game to get those discounts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But can you take that rain, apply the same code into a bottle of wine and make characters drink that wine without looking funny or falling deep into uncanny valley?
    I don't know!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Probably not. But if you can't do it without it looking like crap, maybe you should reconsider if doing it is necessary to show at all.

Anyone else find it funny that Cora always ends in an exclusive relationship while Liam can be FWB or exclusive if you want. Scott...... did you knock Cora up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, so far everything I've been seeing is firmly solidifying my desire to wait until this is on deep, deep sale way down the road. Been doing that for BW games for a while and it's paid off, glad I didn't pay full price for most of them.

I just hope to hell they fix those fucking fish lips in cutscenes. Holy shit, seen more footage of it and that problem will force me to largely skip cutscenes if it's not addressed. How shit like that could go so wrong but still make it to launch boggles my mind.
    Personal opinions are personal opinions, but for those reading what he's saying it's not nearly as bad or noticeable as this poster or the majority of people are claiming.

do a few NPCs have the issue? Yeah. Does the game have funky animations every now and then? Yeah. Does it ruin the immersion, story, and overall game? no.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Personal opinions are personal opinions, but for those reading what he's saying it's not nearly as bad or noticeable as this poster or the majority of people are claiming.
    I'll see when I get around to playing, but a lot of the shit shown in cutscenes so far is as bad (to me) as folks are making it out to be. That kind of shit stands out when I play a game and drives me absolutely batshit crazy.

Playing DA:I now and my female human inquisitors perpetual hunch and inability to know how to let her arms rest slack (and really, that extends to most characters in general in the game) drives me up the wall during cutscenes and ruins a lot of what may otherwise be a decent enough story.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Completely subjective.
    I know - it's hard to come to terms that some people value different aspects of a game and, to some, shiny graphics and a good combat system isn't enough to carry a game. But make an effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    So based on you guys' impressions of the game, is it worth it to buy Mass Effect: Andromeda right now? I got into the Mass Effect games back in 2013 after they were originally released and I was looking forward to Andromeda (the ME 3 ending did not bother me as much since they had patched the original ending, but the reactions to it back when ME 3 just came out actually made me avoid the series until a Steam Summer sale).

After seeing the reception for this game, I became a bit hesitant to get it. That's why I wanted to hear how fellow ME fans are experiencing it before I decide to get into Mass Effect again or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    So based on you guys' impressions of the game, is it worth it to buy Mass Effect: Andromeda right now? I got into the Mass Effect games back in 2013 after they were originally released and I was looking forward to Andromeda (the ME 3 ending did not bother me as much since they had patched the original ending, but the reactions to it back when ME 3 just came out actually made me avoid the series until a Steam Summer sale).

After seeing the reception for this game, I became a bit hesitant to get it. That's why I wanted to hear how fellow ME fans are experiencing it before I decide to get into Mass Effect again or not.
    Based on my 10 hours I'd say its worth it. The reviews say it only gets better from the not-always-great beginning hours, and I didn't feel like the beginning stuff was that bad.

Yeah there are some big blunders (facial animation, stilted dialogue at times, etc) but there's some pluses as well. Likable player characters, great companion quests (some of the best in the game from the sounds of it), excellent combat, MP is a lot of fun, and there's a huge amount of space to explore.

I'm a huge Mass Effect fan (seriously, you have no idea) and so I feel like I probably hold this game to a higher standard than most here. It isn't likely to be regarded as a classic in the long run, but it still does a great job of setting up a new series of stories in this universe that are free of the baggage of the original games.

Your mileage may vary depending on what reasons you have for loving the series, of course.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-20 at 08:13 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'd want to get the game, but I'm sure if I should anymore.

I liked the 10h trial, but feels like gettign it at this point will forever paint anyone into tasteless fanboi.

The 6 rating on Gamespot kinda worries me, but the reviews all around seem very polarizing. And GS isn't always accurate for me, I mean they loved FF15 and I hated it, so who knows.

I got it pre loaded already on PC, so whatever. I'm too much of a ME fanboy to not play it.

15+ Year Old Account

I liked the 10h trial, but feels like gettign it at this point will forever paint anyone into tasteless fanboi.
    I don't even literally have a clue what I just bought or will I even remotely enjoy it. Stupid decision, I know....but I'm not a fanboi!

You realize this post makes you seem like a tasteless hater right? If you enjoy a game get it, fuck anyone else opinion, if you don't, don't.

Guess I'll give this game awhile to patch up before I buy it.

"Do not care what others think, do what you must." Javik, Mass Effect 3.

And I must play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to patch the ambient dialogue. And the saves.

I am in the first remnant vault... Peebee started talking to me on the comms...

"Ryder I figured it out! This vault......................"

I walked too far... The ambient dialogue cutoff and SAM started talking instead. My last autosave (can't manually save in this mission) was like 22 minutes ago...........

*rips hair out*

''I hope you can romance your sister, It'l at least explain the faces..''

Oh God, fucking dead.