Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Maybe, given the toxicity level in the Internet nowadays, it is better to not show anything than show something?
    Well No Man's Sky showed us how well that went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well No Man's Sky showed us how well that went.
    No Man's Sky devs showed quite a lot, actually, and gave very far-fetched promises - and the game didn't live up to them, as I understand. Perhaps the best marketing campaign today (at least, for sequels of established game series) is to just keep silent and make some short comments on what the devs are working on, and then release the game and let people without any specific expectations judge it?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No Man's Sky devs showed quite a lot, actually, and gave very far-fetched promises - and the game didn't live up to them, as I understand. Perhaps the best marketing campaign today (at least, for sequels of established game series) is to just keep silent and make some short comments on what the devs are working on, and then release the game and let people without any specific expectations judge it?
    I agree with you. Less is more these days. The element of surprise has been dulled down over the past decade or more. We are given tons of promises that are often not fulfilled.

Bethesda gave us just enough information to be excited about Fallout 4, but didn't go over board. So when the game released, we got what we were told we would get, and a few extra surprises.

I think less information could be a better route than too much information, that some of which may not be true, or misunderstood.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

I was drooling throughout that entire video.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I was drooling throughout that entire video.
    Now clean it all up and watch it again!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm a fan of all those platform jumps, I don't feel like it is in the spirit of Mass Effect... But the visuals... Holy cow! Beats even Witcher 3 ones, IMO.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Another game I will 100% buy on it's release date Can't wait to drive to the shop, take it from the shelf and pay for it, drive home, order pizza and launch the game Looks amazingly good, the atmosphere feels great.

I don't know what it is about it, but the animations in Mass Effect continue to look like complete and total dogshit to me. That "gameplay footage" was pretty pointless : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't know what it is about it, but the animations in Mass Effect continue to look like complete and total dogshit to me. That "gameplay footage" was pretty pointless : /
    By bioware standards, it's pretty good, but yeah, there's definitely lots of room for improvement with their animations.

I'm... not excited :/ which s a first for me when it comes to mass effect.

also.. multiple people have noticed that it seems to have a very borderlands vibe? minus the self deprecating humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm... not excited :/ which s a first for me when it comes to mass effect.

also.. multiple people have noticed that it seems to have a very borderlands vibe? minus the self deprecating humor.
    Borderlands vibe? Closest I can think of is the asari looking like some form of comedic relief or the fact that they reference vaults? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Borderlands vibe? Closest I can think of is the asari looking like some form of comedic relief or the fact that they reference vaults? Did I miss something?
    borderlands pre-sequel in particular (with a touch of Tales). vaults which you apparently are searching for, jet packing between platforms, scanning mushrooms, with results looking kinda similar as well, slowed down cut-scene on an action shot - just the whole vibe of it. that asari outfit.... /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Asari is obviously too young (by Asari standards), considering the face tatoo and outfit. Not a matriarch. So she's ok. Not Liara, duh, probably that was the idea.

I too not fond of unnecessary arcade elements involving jumps in RPGs. The first thing I wondered was can you miss the jump and die, because that would be really frustrating and would just require me to quicksave before any such jump. Kinda breaks immersion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I too not fond of unnecessary arcade elements involving jumps in RPGs. The first thing I wondered was can you miss the jump and die, because that would be really frustrating and would just require me to quicksave before any such jump. Kinda breaks immersion.
    Or not being bad at video games.

If average jumpgap is like the ones on the trailer, you'll have to really try to fall down from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Or not being bad at video games.

If average jumpgap is like the ones on the trailer, you'll have to really try to fall down from them.
    I said unnecessary arcade elements in an RPG break immersion. If there's like the only way to get from A to B there's no need to add an arcade element there because it will only frustrate people if it can lead to death or if it's easy - it feel trivial and detract from the experience.

Now for secret locations or alternative paths it's fine and welcome.

P.S. if it's hard to fall - then they should've done it as in original trilogy - you just press space and you jump to the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you can turn all the giant HUD elements off.

I am not three years old or mentally disabled, I think I can manage to press the jump button without the game needing to point it out to me.

Otherwise looked good for what it was... Which wasn't much since it was literally just to show 4k on a PS4 and nothing else. N7 day come sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I hope you can turn all the giant HUD elements off.

I am not three years old or mentally disabled, I think I can manage to press the jump button without the game needing to point it out to me.

Otherwise looked good for what it was... Which wasn't much since it was literally just to show 4k on a PS4 and nothing else. N7 day come sooner.
    Pretty sure you can. You could in Mass Effect 3, at least!