15+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty clear from the multiplayer releases that they were going to have DLC. They have mentioned Quarians and Batarians in multiplayer. This time around they included lore surrounding the missions so it isn't just a multiplayer addition like the Geth juggernaut for example.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't believe they ever announced that the had plans for story DLC ahead of launch, though we knew we'd get the usual post-launch bug fix/optimization patches and likely some multiplayer DLC stuff since that's all relatively cheap.

Folks expected it, but I think it was pretty obvious early on that any potential plans were in jeopardy, and by June IIRC they had all but been completely confirmed as scrapped. It sucks, but if the game underperformed, why dump a ton of money into additional story content to sell to your far smaller than anticipated audience? : /
    They set up the Quarian ark coming to Andromeda a couple of times in the game, the second time actually being a transmission from the ark itself at the end of the game. They were definitely setting up for something and I wish they would at least do the Quarian ark, since they did have at least one person doing a Quarian voice that you hear during the transmission. I doubt that one transmission was all they had done with the Quarian stuff, so I wish they would have gotten a chance to finish that since it was already started.

Well, that's a bummer. While the game had flaws I liked Vetra and Drax a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    They set up the Quarian ark coming to Andromeda a couple of times in the game, the second time actually being a transmission from the ark itself at the end of the game. They were definitely setting up for something and I wish they would at least do the Quarian ark, since they did have at least one person doing a Quarian voice that you hear during the transmission. I doubt that one transmission was all they had done with the Quarian stuff, so I wish they would have gotten a chance to finish that since it was already started.
    They had several different story arcs that are left hanging such as the Quarian ark, the benefactor, further exploration of the Remanent and the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    They had several different story arcs that are left hanging such as the Quarian ark, the benefactor, further exploration of the Remanent and the scourge.
    Yeah, but out of all of those it's the Quarian ark and possibly the benefactor that felt that it could have happened during the game in the form of DLC. Exploring more about the Remnant and the Scourge feels more like sequel material to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't believe they ever announced that the had plans for story DLC ahead of launch
    Considering the story hooks they left into the game, it's clear they had planned on having a sequel or at the very least DLC to continue the story little bit further.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we would have got at least one single player DLC if they didn't have to spend time on the animations and such. Remember the extended cut for ME3 supposedly delayed their DLC plans. While we still got a good selection we don't know if we missed out on anything or if they just pushed the time table back. With Andromeda we could have missed out completely because of the "outrage" patches.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I wonder if we would have got at least one single player DLC if they didn't have to spend time on the animations and such. Remember the extended cut for ME3 supposedly delayed their DLC plans. While we still got a good selection we don't know if we missed out on anything or if they just pushed the time table back. With Andromeda we could have missed out completely because of the "outrage" patches.
    Fixing existing stuff requires less effort than creatign new one. Realistically part of teh team would already been workign on the DLC while part would make the fix patches. Dunno how fast EA pulled the plug on teh team though, shutdown of BW Montreal came extremely fast after the release.

Usually DLC is already started before the release of the game

Usually DLC is already started before the release of the game
    Though propably not this time. They were scrambling till the last minute to get even the broken base game out.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Oh wow I thought they canned sequels not all development. I wanted to see the Quarian ark.

Honestly it's not that bad a game, just nowhere near the quality of ME1-3 which are some of the best RPGs ever made... it was obvious they weren't going to make a product as good as that, considering how much fans loved Shepard & his squad.
    I wouldn't say that the game needed to be on the same level RPG as the original three....The game still has bugs that haven't been fixed in almost five months. Complete immersion shattering bugs. I forced myself to finish, and hated every second after a bug that caused a boss to bug out and just become a target dummy. It completely killed the immersion. On top of an extremely unlikable cast/main character as well as choice being an illusion...I think there was only a handful, if that, choices that actually effected the game later on. I did not care for anyone outside of Jaal, and even then he wasn't that great...but at least the best of the bunch. Once I stopped comparing the game to the original three I started liking it though, until that boss turned into a target dummy and then I was like yea F this(mind you I finished the game three months after launch, and side quests bugging out is fine for a game this size...but this was a main quest, so therefor inexcusable to me). It really sucks though, I thoroughly enjoyed the combat and that was the best the series has ever had...But the dull story, antagonist, and side characters plus immersion shattering bugs/crappy final boss sequence and yea....sealed the fate of the series for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It really sucks though, I thoroughly enjoyed the combat and that was the best the series has ever had...
    This is one of the things that pretty much everyone agrees on, and is what I'm honestly looking forward to the most. I've avoided watching too much gameplay, but what I've seen of the combat (which is still quite a bit) looks bloody fantastic.

It's just truly bizarre that over the course of 4 games, with the 4th being the start of what would have likely been a new trilogy, the combat went from being easily the worst part of the first game by far, to easily the single biggest highlight of the latest game.

Meanwhile, the story/immersion went from being constantly praised in the first game, and what really carried the title to success despite its terrible combat, to receiving a very mixed reception from a lot of folks. It's still good, just nowhere hear as good as it was in the first game. It's those two areas of the game completely flipped spaces of the course of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I wouldn't say that the game needed to be on the same level RPG as the original three....The game still has bugs that haven't been fixed in almost five months. Complete immersion shattering bugs. I forced myself to finish, and hated every second after a bug that caused a boss to bug out and just become a target dummy. It completely killed the immersion. On top of an extremely unlikable cast/main character as well as choice being an illusion...I think there was only a handful, if that, choices that actually effected the game later on. I did not care for anyone outside of Jaal, and even then he wasn't that great...but at least the best of the bunch. Once I stopped comparing the game to the original three I started liking it though, until that boss turned into a target dummy and then I was like yea F this(mind you I finished the game three months after launch, and side quests bugging out is fine for a game this size...but this was a main quest, so therefor inexcusable to me). It really sucks though, I thoroughly enjoyed the combat and that was the best the series has ever had...But the dull story, antagonist, and side characters plus immersion shattering bugs/crappy final boss sequence and yea....sealed the fate of the series for the foreseeable future.
    Weird. I did not experience any gamebreaking bugs and I played 1.04( pre fixes). Guess I was lucky. The animations could've used more help.

Guess i'll finish off my second playthrough and delete the game shame it wasn't anywhere as bad as people say.

I don't see any good sci fi single player games in the future either, it's all multiplayer games

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass...rom-the-studio

well it's official, it's dead. Sad
    At least we have official word now, wish they would have done this sooner instead of leaving people guessing for months on end when the bad news from anonymous sources started spilling out.

RIP

Got the game for $20, I still need to play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Its clear they don't think they will earn much money from single player DLC's. They still plan to support the Multiplayer which is still likely making money with the little investment it takes to create content.

Surprising absolutely no one.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"