Page 1 of 396
... LastLast

[Megathread] Mass Effect Andromeda

The game was just revealed with title and release "date" at EA's E3 presentation!

Release Holiday 2016.

What we know so far:

- The next game will feature a brand new story that has nothing to do with Shepard, although old characters might show up
    - Focus on exploration
    - The familiar gameplay elements known to Mass Effect fans
    - Aliens in your squad
    - Protagonist doesn't start out a hero like Shepard
    - Own ship
    - Old aliens as well as new ones. Krogans and salarians confirmed, someone might have spotted a turian
    - New and improved Mako, with improved controls!
    - Uses the Frostbit Engine 3 used for Battlefield and Dragon Age: Inquisition amongst others, the old trilogy utilized the Unreal Engine 3
    - Will have multiplayer, most likely co-op once more
    - No canon ending for ME3

Source(s):
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1..._NgGTkNXc/edit
    http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/i...ect-andromeda/
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...ect-andromeda/

Leaks and speculations:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ey_about_mass/
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2015-06-16 at 11:53 AM.

It's just a cinematic thing, and normally I let that stuff slide by, as it means nothing without good gameplay stuff. Mass Effect always, undoubtedly hypes the shit out of me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh. Could that be Shepard? Or is he officially dead? At least he could die in ME2 and yet be alive in ME3.

A Mass Effect game without him would seem out of place. But if it's a whole new galaxy, maybe it will work.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/i...ect-andromeda/

Today we debuted the first cinematic trailer for our next game, Mass Effect™: Andromeda. While we are still many months away from the game’s release date in holiday 2016, we’re excited to show you a bit of where we’re at. First, though, some background on the game itself.

When we wrapped up the original Mass Effect trilogy with Mass Effect 3: Citadel in early 2013, planning and design on Mass Effect: Andromeda was already well underway. We knew we wanted to start with a foundation composed of the best parts of any Mass Effect game: exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action. At the same time, we clearly wanted to expand the definition of what you should expect from a Mass Effect game.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles. With the time remaining in development, we’re excited about the possibility to push things even more.

Thank you again for all of the support you keep showing us, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details with you near the end of the year. Until then, the teams in our Montreal, Edmonton, and Austin studios will be hard at work creating an entirely new adventure for you to lose yourselves in.

Thanks,

Aaryn Flynn, Studio General Manager, BioWare Canada

Yanick Roy, Studio Director, BioWare Montreal

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwww so we're stuck playing a human again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty CGI (and about 10 seconds of Frostbite rendered video), but nothing else.

Is this really everything we will get before E3 2016?

So I guess, if we're going by that blog post, that's all for this year's E3 for Mass Effect Andromeda. Disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    that has to be shepard...holy shit looks nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So I guess, if we're going by that blog post, that's all for this year's E3 for Mass Effect Andromeda. Disappointing.
    Come back next year!

Might have been a bit too early for the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    that has to be shepard...holy shit looks nice
    It's not, the game takes place far into the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Come back next year!

Might have been a bit too early for the thread...
    I'm hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    adventure......memories....treasures... YEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -peanutbuttergamer

10+ Year Old Account
    YES! YES! YES!

So excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interested but as with all games from bioware over the last years waiting with buying it till i get some user reviews

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's just a cinematic thing, and normally I let that stuff slide by, as it means nothing without good gameplay stuff. Mass Effect always, undoubtedly hypes the shit out of me.
    Mass Effect visuals beat the shit out of majority of next gen games...they make effective usage of small maps for interesting and diverse combat which allows them to up visuals.

While it won't be cinematic value, I have no doubt that for PC it won't be far off.

Looks like we have a KROGAN!!!!!!!!! squad member.
    I guess we have a female human as well, as to be expected.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1)Stupid cinematic thing 2) As a result of the above gave no details other than suggesting jetpacks like everyone else is doing these days
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pretty CGI (and about 10 seconds of Frostbite rendered video), but nothing else.

Is this really everything we will get before E3 2016?
    For a franchise this big they only need to release small things to hype up the game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Mass Effect visuals beat the shit out of majority of next gen games...they make effective usage of small maps for interesting and diverse combat which allows them to up visuals.

While it won't be cinematic value, I have no doubt that for PC it won't be far off.
    Lol, interesting and combat, when its the same combat with shield mook! rocket mook! runs at u mook! its the same old, but please, i like ur shilling its so full of (fake) enthusiasm.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

I hope this Krogan in the trailer means that we can have a Krogan squadmate, I don't want a new Vega who just come in to steal the best spot in the squad.

Edit : Also, I love how the music is getting distorted when the FTL kicks in.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2015-06-15 at 08:28 PM.

I'll try to dig up all the stuff they've shown before today.