Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Regarding the renegade actions, RPGs have always had this problem of not allowing a roleplay of a reasonable evil character. Like in KotoR or Mass Effect, most of the time the evil character ends up being a troll/prankster who just fools around mindlessly, robbing/killing people for fun and such. I think Witcher did the "evil" side the best, since almost all choices there are shades of grey, and even the actions evil at the first glance (for example, killing a person because they can't pay for the Witcher's job) can be justified in a way (Witcher's code dictates that the Witcher can apply any amount of force to get paid, if needed).
    The Witcher's Code doesn't dictate anything because Geralt made it up and applied it arbitrarily. And even from things he made up I can't recall this thing about payment. Could be Witcher 3 thing though, just started it recently.

And, like you mentioned, the polar system pretty much forces you to stick with one kind of choices throughout the whole game, if you want to get the best available dialogue options. It was especially extreme in KotoR, where, even if you are maxed on either the Light or the Dark side, just one minor action going against your current alignment can set your meter down by 30% or so. ME3 addressed it, but still I think Dragon Age system was better, because you could play it using your own moral compass as a guide, rather than the one the developers have made for you.
    It does make for a more consistent character. In ME the dialog options weren't even directly tied to the Paragon/Renegade system but were dependent on Charm/Intimidate skills. The max available level of these was dependent on the Paragon/Renegade system, but because of a much easier option to start up (and extremely low amount required to purchase the first half of the points in each skill) you could unlock both sides much easier than in ME1 and 2. On the other hand, in ME2 and 3 there were interrupts available no matter what. And all 3 games had non Paragon/Renegade options (also addressing the "play how you want" thing) that in many cases also do give Paragon/Renegade points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Paragon always seemed to me to be the "Do what ever the right thing is in a specific situation regardless of additional circumstances.". While renegade felt like the "For the greater good path." Like Captain America and Iornman in civil war.
    Ehhh, to be honest Renegade was somewhat inconsistent across the series. In first Mass Effect you were a trigger-happy racist, basically a space redneck. In second it was a lot of sarcasm, tricking people and general more light hearted stuff and even the more serious Renegade choices were often hilarious in some way. ME3 is the "for the greater good" thing you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    have a notion about your shep's personality being aligned with certain choices based on the situation that can go paragon and renegade? TOO BAD. You dont have the will to beat Morinth, you have to kill civilians if you want zaeeds loyalty, Tali is exiled and you have to shoot the spectre's hostage for liara. Even if you had a 90% rating with either one of the alignments depending how far you were. For both options even if one is in majority
    You don't even need Paragon or Renegade option for that. Just don't be an asshole to Quarians earlier on and rally the crowd. Or hand the data over, Tali will forgive you in ME3 anyway.

Attractive =/= better. The actress does have a strong jaw line and chin(she is hotbtw) which they try to lessen with her posture expression and make up, while Sara is staring head on at an unflattering angle and expression.

I prefer the one on the left to right. The right one has make up and fucked up proportions that are almost Anime like. The neck is way too fucking skinny especially were it fits to her head. reducing her jawline and nose makes he chin appear even bigger

The one on the left actually has the actress proportions. Give the left one make up and a sexy posture expression and hair it would look like the actress. thing is she not supposed to dress up all sexy all the time shes an explorer.

Miranda was always supposed be made up and sexy, it was her thing.

Even then there's always character creation. I always use it anyway and will use it on my fem and male Ryders.
    And yet Miranda and her jaw that is the second coming of Schwarzenegger fits perfectly with what @Edge- was talking about. And it's not like Sara looks more flattering at other angles or in motion. I wouldn't even say her jaw is the main issue with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Quarians do, but obviously they're still in suits for Andromeda as they lack the Geth to synthesise an environment in their suit. That's also assuming the "canon" pic of Tali from the BroShep Tali Romance is the general look of all Quarians.
    Are there even Quarians in Andromeda? Couldn't find solid info on that.

What you are essentially doing is picking the worst pic from the whole album and then complaining that your friend is an ugly duckling.
    Or in this case, taking any individual pic of Sara or a video footage of her. Where the opposite happens and people need to cherrypick a picture where she doesn't look atrocious like Endus did few posts earlier (with crappy results, that picture wasn't particularly an upgrade) to show that she isn't. Who knows, maybe BioWare will deliver in the last month and upgrade the characters, but with their track record of human faces I won't be betting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In ME3, the "good" choices generally got you the strongest army. I'd switch that. The Renegade choices should get you the strongest army, and make the finale the easiest. The Paragon choices should leave you struggling, but those who stick by you are fully on your side and highly motivated by your inspiring presence.
    But that's exactly it. Paragon is inspiring. It inspires the various races to drop their bullshit and cooperate. ME3 Renegade goes back to ME1 Renegade and is more often than not a total asshole (minus the space racism). Who often kills those who may be helpful but pose a risk. How does that translate to stronger army? Besides, the largest individual hit I can think of is declining/backstabbing the Salarian Dalatrass in regards to the Genophage which is a Paragon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I find Witcher did this quite often. Like in witcher 2 where helping a certain rebel sortof-ally by arming him in the middle of a fight causes a town to have a pogrom against elves. OR when you had to choose between letting innocent women burn or capturing the villain. etc etc
    Witcher also often fucked you over in both cases. Well, not necessarily in terms of moral consequences, but on personal level. Like certain people wouldn't cooperate with you anymore. Though there are examples of moral stuff too. Like freeing/killing the tree spirit in Velen in Witcher 3. A group of people dies no matter what, you only affect which group.

That's a related problem, yeah. My ideal would be that the full consequences don't hit until later, and that the "asshole/violent/selfish" options generally provide greater rewards. Not always, but usually. Maybe not by much, but enough that the cold optimizer chooses that darker path. Doing the right thing should be the less rewarding path, in terms of in-game benefits, because doing the right thing should be enough. Otherwise, you're not "doing the right thing", you're pursuing the best reward for your actions. It's a selfish option that lets you feel good about being selfish.
    Alternatively, you're capable of discerning between roleplaying aspect and the game mechanics attached to it. Besides, doing the right thing often leads to someone being gracious to you and wanting to repay you regardless of your own motive behind the action.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Just because sci fi exists doesn't mean real physics get thrown off the window, though?
    It's kinda the point of eezo in tihs particular setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Bioware does go for morally ambiguous choices, but often leaves a catch, a way out. Like in Origins, when you either have to kill a boy possessed by a demon, sacrifice his mother to power a blood magic ritual allowing you to kill the demon (or bargain with it)... or you can leave the castle, stroll up to Kinloch Hold, and bring a retinue of mages to painlessly resolve the situation. I dislike that kind of thing. Or when you can choose to either kill the elves or the werewolves, or lift the curse to ensure peace. Same with the Geth+Quarian conflict in ME3.
    Ehh, that made sense in terms of story since the whole war rested on Han'Gerrel and Daro'Xen. I still don't know how the pro-war faction even gained the upper hand. Tali was against it even if she wasn't influenced by Legion, Zaal'Koris was against it. And Daro'Xen complained about Shala'Raan being against it as well in Mass Effect 2. Yes, Tali mentioned she supported the war so that the Admiralty Board wasn't divided during this extremely important moment, but if anything, it should be Han'Gerrel and Daro'Xen that had to drop their agenda in order not to divide the Quarians. It only makes some sense if Tali is exiled, but only if we assume things since we don't even know who the 5th admiral is in that case and what their opinion is.

I mean i don't mind the good third option between two hard choices, because you usually have to work the hardest to get it, and it connects more to the rest of the world, a reward so to speak.

Or with the quarians and the Geth. Bringing them together requires a lot of specific actions not just in ME 3 but 2 as well. When you do it becomes on of the most powerful moments in gaming, along with curing the Krogan.
    I agree with the general premise, but I'd say every single outcome of that war is one of the most powerful moments in gaming. Choose Geth? It's raining Quarians and you hear the last moments of the ship that Tali spent most of her life on, then she commits suicide and still apologizes for it. Despite you just sentencing her whole race into extinction. Made even worse if you romanced her. It doesn't even matter if it's Legion or its replacement. If it's Legion? "We regret the deaths of the creators but we see no alternative." It does reflect the Geth outlook from what Legion said in ME2 and what Shepard saw in the Geth consensus.

But if there is no Legion? The line changes to "Your people started this war, we will end it." and Geth, otherwise not harboring too much ill will towards the Quarians and mostly acting in self preservation and out of desperation (vide how they don't take the opportunity the upgrades gave them and attack the Quarians anyway, just because their creators stopped firing) finally get tired of Quarian wanting to wipe them out. It shows how much two people (well, a person and one mobile Geth unit, though even the thousand-something programs in Legion is most likely an even smaller drop in the total Geth bucket than what Tali comparatively is to the Quarians), with some Shepard influence can impact history. Also indicated by Geth VI mentioning distrust of organics.

Choosing Quarians? That version of "Does this unit have a soul" is even more impactful than the one shortly before it. And the desperation of both Legion and Geth VI about how this is not justice and its pleading with Shepard is also great. The difference in dialogue between Legion and Geth VI after they decide to attack Shepard is yet another example of the influence Legion or lack of it had on the Geth. Rannoch campaign's resolution is some of the best writing in game all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So upon closer examination of the gameplay trailer I noticed that ability cooldowns are now individual instead of global.

THANK.GOD.

One of the very few gripes I had with the combat revamp when moving from ME1 to ME2, was that using any ability put all other abilities on cooldown, making it impossible to chain your spells.
    Yeah, just started ME2 again few days ago and it's kinda annoying. Completely forgot about it. Wanted to do some tech attacks from cloaks and bam, no can do. Cloak is even worse because it triggers the cooldown only when it's over. The only worse aspect to me in terms of changes from ME1 to 2 is that shift and space button swapped roles, but you get used to that quickly. Global cooldown is there no matter what. Great change for Andromeda. I also like that that some weapons have the overheating system from ME1. I have no strong feelings one way or another here, but I do like that you have options here now. Could mix and match for individual weapons. Like, I feel overheating could be more suited for slow, strong weapons like the more powerful sniper rifles or heavy pistols, since those were pretty limited in terms of available ammo.

Mostly because the main focus of criticism is a piece of concept art from a character kit. With poor lightning, goofy facial expression, unfocused eyes, awkard angle, and several other issues.

In the actual game, from actual screenshots, with actual shading, and proper angles and expressions, she looks significantly better than the fugly side-by-side comparison.
    Better? Sure. Significantly? Highly questionable. It isn't even her worst material.

The picture on the left is the former. The in-game render is the latter. This doesn't mean the in-game render is of poor quality, it just means that the sample is in the worst possible conditions.

In actual gameplay footage, Fem!Ryder looks pretty much dead-on like her model. With only microscopically minor differences (mainly her jaw line is thicker and stronger, no doubt inherited from her dad, who has a Lantern Jaw of Justice™ himself).
    She's so deep down the uncanny valley she can't even see the ledge on either side anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    because its not real. do you have ANY idea how much difference makeup and lighting makes?
    Neither is a rendered video game character. And one would thing they'd get the lighting properly for a promotional material.

the only thing that is off in that picture of Sara is the eyes, and even that is more likely than not is a weird angle. shape of the mouth is right, jawline is right, nose and cheekbones are right, overall shape is the same. but that's the thing about shallow people. you don't see beyond the shallow differences.
    Out of these I'll give you jawline. And what's this nonsense about shallowness here? You yourself only listed equally shallow (supposed) similarities and there's zero "beyond" anything contained in your post.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-21 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Just finished 3 to complete my trilogy replay. You know with the extended cut I don't think the ending is that bad. It at least provides closure. I went Synthesis this time after going Destroy my first playthrough and I actually didn't mind it, although I do admit its kinda lame the whole green beam space magic stuff, but it makes for a nice story: end the cycle of violence and complete the galaxy/mankind's next step in evolution.

And they did.

In the game.

Those pre-renders are nothing more than concept art, in a neutral state, with no lighting, and a poor angle.

Look at screenshots of Sara Ryder in actual gameplay, and you'll see how drastically better she looks.
    I'll take "What is subjectivity for $200, Alex".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Did anyone catch the mention of dark energy?
    I did, but got confused. I kinda missed in my time spent with Mass Effect trilogy that dark energy is involved in biotics.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Still enough time to replay all MEs back to back just in case save imports become relevant again.
    I hope not. I played trilogy on PC but I'm going to play Andromeda on PS4 and I don't really see that working well <.<
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-21 at 01:21 AM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Neither is a rendered video game character. And one would thing they'd get the lighting properly for a promotional material.

Out of these I'll give you jawline. And what's this nonsense about shallowness here? You yourself only listed equally shallow (supposed) similarities and there's zero "beyond" anything contained in your post.
    the game, while sci-fi is supposed to be somewhat grounded. look at actual female soldiers in real world and just how much makeup or loose hair they wear. and yes, its shallow to expect a woman to wear make up or she is not considered beautiful, even though its exactly the same woman.

last but not least - this was a character kit. released for cosplayers mainly, so they wanted to get it out sooner rather then later and which they have since updated.

funny story, I would bet that if you saw that model in real life, just going about her day with hair pulled back, wearing no makeup, not posing, wearing utilitarian clothes... you wouldn't think she was all that perfect either.

So now that we know melee is its own weapon class, its time to plan out a "Ryder Space Samurai" play through.

Also cool to see how 3 gun types act. Milky Way self explanatory. Remnant over heating beam based guns. Helius cluster races, heat seeking plasma based. Heat seeking sniper rifles should be fun.
    They kinda skipped over what the Helius weapons are going to use as a power source though. Unless you do gather said plasma like you would ammo. Would still be somewhat close to ammo though.

The combat looks fine, but was the cover mechanics completely scrapped? Cover mechanics was what gave ME combat that unique feel of a "surreal realism", I wouldn't want the combat to be more like a regular action RPG. Well, we will see in a month in any case.
    Wait, out of all things ME combat has to offer, how is cover the thing that makes it unique? How is Mass Effect's cover system different than, I dunno, Gears of War's or Uncharted's? Admittedly, I haven't played Gears of War myself, but from game footage I've seen it looks very similar.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-21 at 01:21 AM.

I did, but got confused. I kinda missed in my time spent with Mass Effect trilogy that dark energy is involved in biotics.
    Element zero allows the manipulation of dark energy fields to do pretty much whatever you like, like lifting people.

My immediate concern is whether that specific mention of it was a coincidence or if something else will be going down in this game. They still have the unfinished dark energy plot from ME2 hanging around after all.

I feel you man, I'm in venezuela myself, and the game costs more or less what I make in 2 years (not hyperbole. 60 dollars are roughly 252,000 bolivars give or take, and I make about 130,000 bolivars a year).

Thankfully, I managed to make a deal with a friend in wow, where in exchange for my aid in several important things, she's gifting me the game. Though it will mean I'll be having a hard time getting the DLCs. Bioware and Bethesda are the only companies I ever bother getting DLCs for, because I know every penny of them is worth it.
    It's nowhere as drastic in Poland. Hell, 199 PLN is less than 60 dollars at the current exchange rate. Slightly over 50 right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did, but got confused. I kinda missed in my time spent with Mass Effect trilogy that dark energy is involved in biotics
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_energy explains what it means in Mass Effect. It is what they call what Biotics and Mass Effect fields manipulate in order to do what they do. For example the Alpha Relay could harness massive amounts of dark energy to expand its range to 16 relays including the Citadel. Maybe we will see its force explained in greater depth in Andromeda but its mention doesn't mean much since Biotics is Dark Energy. It makes it a little less space magic even it essentially is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Element zero allows the manipulation of dark energy fields to do pretty much whatever you like, like lifting people.

My immediate concern is whether that specific mention of it was a coincidence or if something else will be going down in this game. They still have the unfinished dark energy plot from ME2 hanging around after all.
    Well, element zero has all that space magic about altering gravity in general with mass effect fields and mass effect whatnot, so I always assumed it's just gravity based stuff. Though I suppose that didn't account for how one can trigger that with one's mind so I guess that's where the dark energy comes in. But from what I recently learned that Haestrom stuff was the initial draft for why the Reapers do what they do, so I wouldn't really look too much into that mention. Most likely BioWare paying attention to their own lore. But who knows, maybe they reviewed that plot and saw potential in it. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_energy explains what it means in Mass Effect. It is what they call what Biotics and Mass Effect fields manipulate in order to do what they do. For example the Alpha Relay could harness massive amounts of dark energy to expand its range to 16 relays including the Citadel. Maybe we will see its force explained in greater depth in Andromeda but its mention doesn't mean much since Biotics is Dark Energy. It makes it a little less space magic even it essentially is.
    I read that under eezo's article (it's pretty much word for word in regards to the first paragraph of the overview) last week when I started new trilogy run and I still skipped over the dark energy bit -.-' I did recall the Alpha Relay stuff from my first playthrough though.

But those decisions were more or less obvious. It was clear, for example, that destroying the cure made possible curing of genophage in the future, which is already incredibly hard, nearly impossible - for me the decision was a no-brainer, the reasoning was simply that "Krogan lives matter". Sparing Wrex also wasn't much of a decision: one of the Shepard's core crew, one of the most awesome characters, a guy who demonstrated ability for much more reason than any other Krogan ever and who was the only visible chance at uniting the Krogan under a civil banner one day...
    You mean a merc through and through, who confesses he gave up on his people and vowed to never come back to Tuchanka? Top notch unifying reasonable figure right here.

the game, while sci-fi is supposed to be somewhat grounded. look at actual female soldiers in real world and just how much makeup or loose hair they wear. and yes, its shallow to expect a woman to wear make up or she is not considered beautiful, even though its exactly the same woman.

last but not least - this was a character kit. released for cosplayers mainly, so they wanted to get it out sooner rather then later and which they have since updated.

funny story, I would bet that if you saw that model in real life, just going about her day with hair pulled back, wearing no makeup, not posing, wearing utilitarian clothes... you wouldn't think she was all that perfect either.
    Do point out the people expecting her to wear makeup that you're seeing. And don't project your horseshit on me. What I'd find Jayde Rossi to look like in casual look (not that I recall mentioning perfection in any look of hers, but whatever, projection in multiple directions is even better) is totally inconsequential to my issues with Sarah's looks. I have no strong feeling about the attractiveness of the character. But hey, let's address it some more to expose your disingenuous crap. I find the blonde girl less attractive than the model for Sarah. And yet I find her model to be miles ahead of Sarah's. Indeed, it is a funny story you got there. And those updates of yours, oh so amazing. Oh, wait, the combat video from less than a week ago is in my opinion an even worse footage of hers than this much older picture. Whoah, it's almost as if some people don't have to like an in-game model for issues unrelated to attractiveness. Space magic.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-21 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's exactly it. Paragon is inspiring. It inspires the various races to drop their bullshit and cooperate. ME3 Renegade goes back to ME1 Renegade and is more often than not a total asshole. Who often kills those who may be helpful but pose a risk. How does that translate to stronger army? Besides, the largest individual hit I can think of is declining/backstabbing the Salarian Dalatrass in regards to the Genophage which is a Paragon thing.
    I get that, for certain occasional instances. The "good" choice shouldn't ALWAYS be a shitshow. But it should be, at least half the time. Take the scene where you interrogate a guy in Thane's loyalty mission, in ME2. You can beat the shit out of the guy, who's strapped to a chair I'll note, to get a confession. He's legitimately guilty; you're not forcing him to say something false, but still, it's harsh. There's a point where you can charm him, but if I were writing this, I wouldn't include that. You could beat him, and go down that dark path, but the info you get is beneficial. Or you can refuse, hoping you can get information another way. And have you do so, but you get the info too late. By the time you get there, (in this case, trying to stop Thane's son from murdering a guy), the deed is done, if you went the "good guy" route. The guy he killed is hardly an innocent, but he's still dead. Was it worth breaking your moral code to prevent that murder? Or is this the consequence you accept for doing the right thing, and move forward from here? I think that's more interesting than how they worked the actual mission, which just lets you basically do whatever with little consequence, and you can twist the ending however you like.

More specific to the kind of "build an army" narrative as in ME3, you could be approached by a merc company. You go to visit their commander, who's in the field, and in the course of getting there, you witness his men committing heinous acts. Killing unarmed men, harassing civilians, etc. Do you take his offer, and gain his troops (who'll remain loyal; they're brutal but true to their contracts), along with the fallout they may cause both to enemies along the way and your allies who may find their behaviour galling? Or do you refuse, knowing you'll be weaker in troop strength but ethically secure? I don't think there's a "right" answer, there. There's an easy one, if you're a warmongerer who cares only about victory, but for anyone else, it's not clear, and that's GOOD. If you're not torn about a decision, it's not really a decision.

I'm hoping Andromeda goes more down that path, where it's not about "right" and "wrong", but about making hard choices and living with the consequences. Which should be both good AND bad. And without a game-benefit-based "right" decision, most of the time. Looking up a guide to see which result has the "best" outcome mostly shouldn't be a "thing".

Well, element zero has all that space magic about altering gravity in general with mass effect fields and mass effect whatnot, so I always assumed it's just gravity based stuff. Though I suppose that didn't account for how one can trigger that with one's mind so I guess that's where the dark energy comes in. But from what I recently learned that Haestrom stuff was the initial draft for why the Reapers do what they do, so I wouldn't really look too much into that mention. Most likely BioWare paying attention to their own lore. But who knows, maybe they reviewed that plot and saw potential in it. We'll see.

I read that under eezo's article (it's pretty much word for word in regards to the first paragraph of the overview) last week when I started new trilogy run and I still skipped over the dark energy bit -.-' I did recall the Alpha Relay stuff from my first playthrough though.

You mean a merc through and through, who confesses he gave up on his people and vowed to never come back to Tuchanka? Top notch unifying reasonable figure right here.

Do point out the people expecting her to wear makeup that you're seeing. And don't project your horseshit on me. What I'd find Jayde Rossi to look like in casual look (not that I recall mentioning perfection in any look of hers, but whatever, projection in multiple directions is even better) is totally inconsequential to my issues with Sarah's looks. I have no strong feeling about the attractiveness of the character. But hey, let's address it some more to expose your disingenuous crap. I find the blonde girl less attractive than the model for Sarah. And yet I find her model to be miles ahead of Sarah's. Indeed, it is a funny story you got there. And those updates of yours, oh so amazing. Oh, wait, the combat video from less than a week ago is in my opinion an even worse footage of hers than this much older picture. Whoah, it's almost as if some people don't have to like an in-game model for issues unrelated to attractiveness. Space magic.
    updates I'm talking about are actual updates to character kit, but please continue to be defensive. it shows that I'm actualy hitting home there.

comparison closeup

left is old image. right is updated image. link to actual kit right here http://lvlt.bioware.cdn.ea.com/biowa...aracterKit.pdf

and I have been thinking of another poster who have been comparing Sara to model they used for her face and explaining how Rossi is perfection and Sara is ugly, where they literately have the same facial structure, but Rossi is posing and wearing a TON of makeup. as you have been replying to that particular conversation? I'm assuming you agree with that assessment as you didn't clarify otherwise, only talked how since its a video game and not reality - the whole argument that makeup created perfection is not real, doesn't apply.

and now you are backpedaling, bringing up Cora. ooookey.

I get that, for certain occasional instances. The "good" choice shouldn't ALWAYS be a shitshow. But it should be, at least half the time. Take the scene where you interrogate a guy in Thane's loyalty mission, in ME2. You can beat the shit out of the guy, who's strapped to a chair I'll note, to get a confession. He's legitimately guilty; you're not forcing him to say something false, but still, it's harsh. There's a point where you can charm him, but if I were writing this, I wouldn't include that. You could beat him, and go down that dark path, but the info you get is beneficial. Or you can refuse, hoping you can get information another way. And have you do so, but you get the info too late. By the time you get there, (in this case, trying to stop Thane's son from murdering a guy), the deed is done, if you went the "good guy" route. The guy he killed is hardly an innocent, but he's still dead. Was it worth breaking your moral code to prevent that murder? Or is this the consequence you accept for doing the right thing, and move forward from here? I think that's more interesting than how they worked the actual mission, which just lets you basically do whatever with little consequence, and you can twist the ending however you like.
    Not really sure how this translates to the topic of weaker armies or even a shitshow you mentioned now or not gaining stuff you mentioned elsewhere, but other than that, I wouldn't mind if that mission went the way you outlined here

More specific to the kind of "build an army" narrative as in ME3, you could be approached by a merc company. You go to visit their commander, who's in the field, and in the course of getting there, you witness his men committing heinous acts. Killing unarmed men, harassing civilians, etc. Do you take his offer, and gain his troops (who'll remain loyal; they're brutal but true to their contracts), along with the fallout they may cause both to enemies along the way and your allies who may find their behaviour galling? Or do you refuse, knowing you'll be weaker in troop strength but ethically secure? I don't think there's a "right" answer, there. There's an easy one, if you're a warmongerer who cares only about victory, but for anyone else, it's not clear, and that's GOOD. If you're not torn about a decision, it's not really a decision.
    There's still plenty of options to include paragon stuff here that doesn't result in outright refusing their services, just depends on how paragon you want to go. Also, if they were included, I'd say the whole thing should depend on your relations with other merc forces, which do include some paragon options IIRC. And if your allies find their behavior galling, they may withdraw support and you can wave stronger force without caring about consequences bye bye as it fractures from within. Besides, mercs are mercs. Not exactly the backbone of the galactic military. The backbone is the military fleets of the various races. And I still don't see how Renegade translates to more forces from them. Even Illusive Man talked about Shepard being an inspiring figure. Maybe it'd work with Batarian Hegemony, but from what I recall their military was crippled by the time you get to them in ME3. Not sure if it was because of the events in Arrival DLC for ME2 or not.

I'm hoping Andromeda goes more down that path, where it's not about "right" and "wrong", but about making hard choices and living with the consequences. Which should be both good AND bad. And without a game-benefit-based "right" decision, most of the time. Looking up a guide to see which result has the "best" outcome mostly shouldn't be a "thing".
    Well, BioWare did quote Witcher 3 as an inspiration. Though that was in terms of secondary quests' design. Then again if memory serves me right that was about how said quests intertwine with main missions, so given Witcher's 3 mechanics in this area, consequences of your choices would be a part of the package.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-21 at 02:09 AM.

Im sure when they brought Jayde in she had no make up on. They wanted a strong bad ass space explorer no someone who looked like she needed to redo her hair and apply makeup after a firefight. Ya they could have covered her in makeup but it really doesn't make since given her character and role. Miranda was already in the impracticable territory just with her lose shoulder length hair and mascara, but it fit her character as a fem fatal. You can tweek the presets so In sure you can add all the makeup you want or change her hair ect. I'm sure if Jayde found the renders ugly/wrong were would have herd about it buy now.

Cora ins't really ugly either. Ya her hair style takes awhile to get used to and she has a distinctive/strong nose, but i think that's because they are trying to make her resemble TIM+She has no makeup either

updates I'm talking about are actual updates to character kit, but please continue to be defensive. it shows that I'm actualy hitting home there.

comparison closeup

<snip>
    I'm not being defensive and you're hitting shit. Are you implying the latest videos used the older visuals? Because her footage in it is still in uncanny valley for me. So is this picture. Awesome hit you got here. Almost as amazing as your story from before. If you ever played baseball or took part in some fighting sport I'd totally bet on you.

and I have been thinking of another poster who have been comparing Sara to model they used for her face and explaining how Rossi is perfection and Sara is ugly, where they literately have the same facial structure, but Rossi is posing and wearing a TON of makeup. as you have been replying to that particular conversation? I'm assuming you agree with that assessment as you didn't clarify otherwise, only talked how since its a video game and not reality - the whole argument that makeup created perfection is not real, doesn't apply.
    Last time I checked, I already disagreed with the assertion she has literally the facial structure. Her ears, mouth, nose (though more from side angle in nose's case) and cheeks are off. But that's beside the point. And I care about what you're thinking about other posters or even those posters directly, because? I haven't replied to a conversation, I replied to a post. But I do find it hilarious that you're replying to a post of mine in which I said I don't care about Sarah's attractiveness with an assumption that I agree with the assertion that Rossi is perfection (oh, and said post also covered that, it seems you like to double down on dishonesty) and Sarah is ugly. Thanks for the laugh.

and now you are backpedaling, bringing up Cora. ooookey.
    In what world is an example of why your projection is missing by light years "backpedaling"? It doesn't even meet the definition. Don't use words you don't understand.

Cora ins't really ugly either. Ya her hair style takes awhile to get used to and she has a distinctive/strong nose, but i think that's because they are trying to make her resemble TIM+She has no makeup either
    Wait, what? You mean the Illusive Man?

Yep there is a theory that Tim was behind the Andromida Initiative and that Cora is his daughter. Discussed at length some pages back. But the fact she and TIM share a last name, guns only Cerberus used like the the Hornet are used by the Andromida Initiative and the fact that when asked about it recently the devs have given cagey answers point to it.

Also the actual Sara model did not change they just took a shot of her in a better pose and lighting. Her model does match with the actress if you can manage to find photos were the actress isn't expecting a photo, and or the ones that aren't photo shopped. there are a few on imbd

- - - Updated - - -

This one is still made up but not as bad as others

Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-21 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The species you're talking about is the "Kett" and they're the new enemies. And yes, they do have a collector vibe to them, because their technology is part organic. So they wear a type of chitin-like armor on their bodies, giving them a somewhat similar appearance to the collectors.
    They reminded me more of the Protheans. In fact, their rough society seems to be very similar to the Prothean Empire, with survival of the fittest and such. They also remind me of the subrace of the Protoss, Tal'darim.

Frankly, I am a bit disappointed with this. I expected something more unique and interesting, and instead we seem to have gotten a usual "bad guy to beat". Would be more interesting if Andromeda was inhabited by some unusual civilization, not interested in fighting, but, instead, in something more marginal, like opening wormholes to other galaxies and such and needing resources and our help in it.

The plot twist of them being Prothean descendants, arriving there on a ship similar to the Arc 50,000 years ago, would be a killer though! Or even descendants of one of the first races reaped in the Milky Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I just have to ask...
    So why is Andromeda not dominated by an AI? After all, the Reapers had to step in and purge the galaxy for billions of years to prevent it from happening...
    Could be that they encountered the dangers of the AI very early on the stage of their evolution and introduced complete ban on any AI research, which holds to this day. Or that they've already gone through their "Reaper" stage and found a Synthesis-like or a Control-like solution. Or that the Catalyst was wrong (as it admits in the ending) and the AI doesn't always have to fight organics.

Wait, out of all things ME combat has to offer, how is cover the thing that makes it unique? How is Mass Effect's cover system different than, I dunno, Gears of War's or Uncharted's? Admittedly, I haven't played Gears of War myself, but from game footage I've seen it looks very similar.
    I mean, out of those games I've played, at least. ME3 multiplayer kinda went away from the cover-focused combat, cover wasn't very useful there most of the time - and it seems that MEA takes the same approach: cover is optional and not really necessary for many classes. I think it would take a bit away from the combat, but we will see.

---

Regarding people's complaints about how the default female protagonist looks... Remember, you can tweak your character's appearance, folks. For example, I can't stand the default male Shepard, he looks like a baboon IMO - didn't affect my experience one bit, because the only time I played default male Shepard was a short test run on a laptop, to see if I can run the game with a reasonable framerate on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The one thing I'm gonna miss in Andromeda is that there wont be any reporters to punch. Probably.

I mean, by now its almost a tradition in Mass Effect to punch an annoying reporter. I hope they manage to keep that up in Andromeda for tradition's sake.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Clearly they are being racist against tall people yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty average heights tbh