Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    This seriously needs to be highlighted like fuck.

So many people complaining about the side-quests, when in reality, the side-quests themselves are pretty good for the most part. Its the Tasks that are boring MMORPG stuff. They're not even mandatory, their rewards being paltry and insignificant. I managed to get 100% viability on Eos, long before I actually did the tasks, so not even for that are they worthy.
    You realize that actively telling people not to do a bunch of content in the game isn't really putting the game in a good light...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You realize that actively telling people not to do a bunch of content in the game isn't really putting the game in a good light...right?
    Those side-quests are more or less the equivalent of the generic Radiant Quests you get from Skyrim and Fallout 4.

In those games you can do those meaningless Radiant Quests if you wanna squeeze more mileage out of your game, but doing so is a quick way to burn out and get bored. Instead of doing shitty radiant quests, do the main campaign, and the actual side-quests that have actual plot. The fact that Skyrim and Fallout 4 have stupid MMORPG style meaningless crap quests, doesn't really put the game in a bad light. It just means the game has padded content to extend its lifetime.

Same principle applies to Andromeda.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Welcome to every open world RPG since Skyrim?

Wanna not to kill yourself playing said Skyrim? Avoid Radiant quests. Same for Oblivion and Fallout 4. Wanna not be saddled by a mountain of pointless loot in TW3? Don't do the treasure hunts and don't seek these smuggler's caches and monster nests (and I'm not a big fan of the monster hunts either tbh). And don't get me started on Ubisoft games where the filler is the lion's share of the content. Or be like MGSV and pad the living shit out of the playtime by having the player replay half of the story missions.

Tossing tons of pointless filler quests in your game is en vogue since Bethesda did it. I hate this trend as well, Andromeda would have more than enough content without the Tasks, but it's an industry wide trend hardly unique to that game.

Still wish Bioware would drop it already. It doesn't add anything of note to the game. But at least this time they helpfully put the trash quests in their own category like The Witcher did so... progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Welcome to every open world RPG since Skyrim?
    Honestly...don't think I've played any open world RPG's since it was released (haven't played Skyrim either). Well, outside of DA:I which I literally just finished, and I actually quite enjoyed all the side-quest nonsense in the maps.

I think any content in a game that players actively tell others not to do is a gigantic waste and indicative of poor design. The time/effort spent on that could have been invested in a part of the game players actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And don't get me started on Ubisoft games where the filler is the lion's share of the content.
    Haven't played too many recent ones outside of Farcry 3, which I thought was incredibly average. Did play Division, and I quite enjoyed all the side-content. It was more of the same, but the core gameplay is satisfying and more excuses to kill dudes worked for me.

Honestly...don't think I've played any open world RPG's since it was released (haven't played Skyrim either). Well, outside of DA:I which I literally just finished, and I actually quite enjoyed all the side-quest nonsense in the maps.

I think any content in a game that players actively tell others not to do is a gigantic waste and indicative of poor design. The time/effort spent on that could have been invested in a part of the game players actually enjoy.

Haven't played too many recent ones outside of Farcry 3, which I thought was incredibly average. Did play Division, and I quite enjoyed all the side-content. It was more of the same, but the core gameplay is satisfying and more excuses to kill dudes worked for me.
    Agreed. Toss all the Tasks to the garbage bin where they belong, and Bioware could have the resources for a few more meaty quests per planet. Because the ''normal'' side-quests are usually quite nice, even if not as awesome as those in say New Vegas. But gotta pad that gametime with fetch quest nonsense. I understand why this exists in MMOs, but it has no place in a single-player game.

It bothers me less in Andromeda since, as you said, more excuses to biotically punch fools in the nuts is fine by me, but I'd rather biotically punch fools in the nuts with more context in an RPG, is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    he he he, I just saw this comment on a youtube video about the romancing of Cora. Its very immature, and juvenile, but dammit if it isn't funny.

"Ohh come on Cora, you spent so much time with the Asari that you assimilated to their culture almost entirely, adopting every aspect of their society EXCEPT THE ONE THAT MATTERS MOST, namely, that Girl-on-Girl is hot. How can someone who lived and breathed in a bisexual colony and deeply idolizes and identifies with them can remain straight?".

He's got a point though. I am very perplexed at how Cora can say she's not into women when she totally has a girl-crush on quite a few Asari.
    I'm still a little disappointed that we got the obsessive human fangirl discount asari commando instead of ya know, an actual asari commando.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Andromeda is long enough to not need those tasks either way. Even if you outright ignore everything that gets dropped into the tasks log its still possible to get a good 50-60 hours plus out of the game. Just having them there just serves to put the game in a bad light to people who didn't figure out why the tasks are logged separately from regular side quests in the log, and without planet sorting.

For complaining about quests, it bugs me how the game ends precisely as it's finally starting to ramp up properly. Without going into spoilers, what the last 2-3 main missions were like just serves to tease people about what could have been with a linear mass effect sequel with combat being this good
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-03-27 at 04:33 AM.

I was at the ice planet kett base, got grabbed by an ascendant while rezzeing a squadie i was about to rage at the sync kill but it didn't kill me i lived with almost no health, are sync kills gone in singleplayer or was it maybe my max barrier power, the one that gives you full shields after you hit low health that saved me.

^ Which difficulty? Sync kills are still there. Possible something bugged. I have been kill synced by the Kett base boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I was at the ice planet kett base, got grabbed by an ascendant while rezzeing a squadie i was about to rage at the sync kill but it didn't kill me i lived with almost no health, are sync kills gone in singleplayer or was it maybe my max barrier power, the one that gives you full shields after you hit low health that saved me.
    Might be related to difficulty. I play on hc and an ascendant in Cora's loyalty mission oneshot me from 100% hp and shields.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm still a little disappointed that we got the obsessive human fangirl discount asari commando instead of ya know, an actual asari commando.
    Wouldn't having two asari be redundant? I mean, I wouldn't complain, Everything's better with more Asari, but still...........

Besides, its become almost mandatory for bioware to include at least 2 human squadmates, as romance options for players who are not into aliens.

Me, I can't wait to find the Asari Ark. For.............. reasons....... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't having two asari be redundant? I mean, I wouldn't complain, Everything's better with more Asari, but still...........

Besides, its become almost mandatory for bioware to include at least 2 human squadmates, as romance options for players who are not into aliens.

Me, I can't wait to find the Asari Ark. For.............. reasons....... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Eh, flip the races. PeeBee can be the overly-excited young genius human (think DeeDee and Dexter combined) and then we can make Cora the Asari warrior.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I'll be perfectly honest here: While I adore peebee and she's totally gonna be my Ryder's bae, I really REALLY wish she didn't have that black stripe on her face. It looks sooooooooooo silly. If they ever make mods for this game, I hope they make a texture mod that removes it. She's really cute even for an asari, but that stripe is just...... no........ just no.
    how can you like her? she´s kind of to fat for a real asarigirl! damn they fucked it up! and yeah the black stripe is really awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Might be related to difficulty. I play on hc and an ascendant in Cora's loyalty mission oneshot me from 100% hp and shields.
    It was insanity it happened twice so i dont think its a bug. i died to the aoe dmg the second time tho it has to be the barrier upgrade, that or it wasn't the sync kill ability but it looked like the synch kill in mp, he crushes you with his shield thing.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-27 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've definitely been sync killed on Insanity with all those biotic shield passives. If you managed to survive you probably just got lucky through some damage bug or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Architects. I just drop the difficulty few notches when fighting them. Long multiphase fight is already arduous, but then the fuckers spawn batallions of adds too >_>

the barrier power is 100% of your shields so 530 health +283 shields+ 283 shields again maby the ability does a flat 800 dmg or something.

i just survived the death cloud from the vault too.

10+ Year Old Account
    he he he, I just saw this comment on a youtube video about the romancing of Cora. Its very immature, and juvenile, but dammit if it isn't funny.

"Ohh come on Cora, you spent so much time with the Asari that you assimilated to their culture almost entirely, adopting every aspect of their society EXCEPT THE ONE THAT MATTERS MOST, namely, that Girl-on-Girl is hot. How can someone who lived and breathed in a bisexual colony and deeply idolizes and identifies with them can remain straight?".

He's got a point though. I am very perplexed at how Cora can say she's not into women when she totally has a girl-crush on quite a few Asari.
    That's the first thing I thought when she told me she wasn't into girls. "Oh really? Don't tell me you wouldn't do it with a few hot huntresses!" Although Asari aren't exactly women, so maybe they are an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, the theme that has been going through Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that is especially true for Cora, is that many of the colonists are people who didn't belong in Milky Way for some reason. Neither did she: a commando, but not quite an Asari; a human, but not quite accepted by humans. She fits in the Tempest crew just fine.

And after Samara being non-romanceable, I don't want to get burned like this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.