We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
    ^ Which difficulty? Sync kills are still there. Possible something bugged. I have been kill synced by the Kett base boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I was at the ice planet kett base, got grabbed by an ascendant while rezzeing a squadie i was about to rage at the sync kill but it didn't kill me i lived with almost no health, are sync kills gone in singleplayer or was it maybe my max barrier power, the one that gives you full shields after you hit low health that saved me.
    Might be related to difficulty. I play on hc and an ascendant in Cora's loyalty mission oneshot me from 100% hp and shields.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm still a little disappointed that we got the obsessive human fangirl discount asari commando instead of ya know, an actual asari commando.
    Wouldn't having two asari be redundant? I mean, I wouldn't complain, Everything's better with more Asari, but still...........

Besides, its become almost mandatory for bioware to include at least 2 human squadmates, as romance options for players who are not into aliens.

Me, I can't wait to find the Asari Ark. For.............. reasons....... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Wouldn't having two asari be redundant? I mean, I wouldn't complain, Everything's better with more Asari, but still...........

Besides, its become almost mandatory for bioware to include at least 2 human squadmates, as romance options for players who are not into aliens.

Me, I can't wait to find the Asari Ark. For.............. reasons....... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Eh, flip the races. PeeBee can be the overly-excited young genius human (think DeeDee and Dexter combined) and then we can make Cora the Asari warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "Why is a soap bubble round?"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I'll be perfectly honest here: While I adore peebee and she's totally gonna be my Ryder's bae, I really REALLY wish she didn't have that black stripe on her face. It looks sooooooooooo silly. If they ever make mods for this game, I hope they make a texture mod that removes it. She's really cute even for an asari, but that stripe is just...... no........ just no.
    how can you like her? she´s kind of to fat for a real asarigirl! damn they fucked it up! and yeah the black stripe is really awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Might be related to difficulty. I play on hc and an ascendant in Cora's loyalty mission oneshot me from 100% hp and shields.
    It was insanity it happened twice so i dont think its a bug. i died to the aoe dmg the second time tho it has to be the barrier upgrade, that or it wasn't the sync kill ability but it looked like the synch kill in mp, he crushes you with his shield thing.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; Today at 05:14 AM.

I've definitely been sync killed on Insanity with all those biotic shield passives. If you managed to survive you probably just got lucky through some damage bug or something.

Fuck Architects. I just drop the difficulty few notches when fighting them. Long multiphase fight is already arduous, but then the fuckers spawn batallions of adds too >_>

the barrier power is 100% of your shields so 530 health +283 shields+ 283 shields again maby the ability does a flat 800 dmg or something.

Lmao

i just survived the death cloud from the vault too.

he he he, I just saw this comment on a youtube video about the romancing of Cora. Its very immature, and juvenile, but dammit if it isn't funny.

"Ohh come on Cora, you spent so much time with the Asari that you assimilated to their culture almost entirely, adopting every aspect of their society EXCEPT THE ONE THAT MATTERS MOST, namely, that Girl-on-Girl is hot. How can someone who lived and breathed in a bisexual colony and deeply idolizes and identifies with them can remain straight?".

He's got a point though. I am very perplexed at how Cora can say she's not into women when she totally has a girl-crush on quite a few Asari.
    That's the first thing I thought when she told me she wasn't into girls. "Oh really? Don't tell me you wouldn't do it with a few hot huntresses!" Although Asari aren't exactly women, so maybe they are an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm still a little disappointed that we got the obsessive human fangirl discount asari commando instead of ya know, an actual asari commando.
    Well, the theme that has been going through Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that is especially true for Cora, is that many of the colonists are people who didn't belong in Milky Way for some reason. Neither did she: a commando, but not quite an Asari; a human, but not quite accepted by humans. She fits in the Tempest crew just fine.

And after Samara being non-romanceable, I don't want to get burned like this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Liara and Grunt are still potentially alive.

That thought came up after while I was scrolling through the codex. Forgot that Asari and Krogen can live forever and a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fuck Architects. I just drop the difficulty few notches when fighting them. Long multiphase fight is already arduous, but then the fuckers spawn batallions of adds too >_>
    To be honest, I don't know if it's because I play on Normal but I took less damage in an entire Architect fight (I fought two of them for the moment) compare to your random quick fight against 5-6 mobs. They just don't do much in terms of abilities and quickness. The game also showers you with health and ammo box during those fights...

I would rather fight Architects than those hovering Kett dudes. Balance wise Kett seem too mobile for how tanky and high DPS they are. Lore wise they are interested in the traits of the milky way races including mobility. Just odd to fight humans and nuke a squad with two actions on hardcore. Admittedly with some luck.
    Last edited by nekobaka; Today at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if it's because I play on Normal but I took less damage in an entire Architect fight (I fought two of them for the moment) compare to your random quick fight against 5-6 mobs. They just don't do much in terms of abilities and quickness. The game also showers you with health and ammo box during those fights...
    It's the same on hardcore. Just stay in cover and quick dash the giant orbs and you'll kill them without taking any damage.

E: Nvm. Mistook Architect for Ascendant. The only thing annoying about architects is getting stuck in terrain in the middle of a field of grenades.

Tbh id have liked some more boss monster variety in these Ascendants. Fought half a dozen of them in the game so far, and every one was an identical fight on a mechanical level, just deal with the adds while ignoring orb guy, burn down his orb, then him, and repeat if adds spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Tbh id have liked some more boss monster variety in these Ascendants. Fought half a dozen of them in the game so far, and every one was an identical fight on a mechanical level, just deal with the adds while ignoring orb guy, burn down his orb, then him, and repeat if adds spawn.
    The architects are pretty much the same. The only thing that changes is the terrain or your arena for that matter. Everything else stays the same - shoot leg, shoot face, kill adds, shoot leg, "chase" it 3 meters, repeat until 3 legs are down, then shoot only face & adds, press E. The dragons in dragon age were a lot more diverse than that, at least the different kinds.

In general, and this is probably my bigest complaint after saving being constantly broken and other technical issues, the game is so heavily copying (or sharing) the systems of DA:I and that is okay; But for fuck's sake, why, oh why did they not apply a single lesson that they should have learned form DA:I here? The menu, the pacing, the ardously long cutscenes when getting from place to place. Why can't I do fucking strike team missions from my omnitool? Why can't I check my fucking emails from my omni tool? Why can't I get a save call via my omni tool? I have a chip in my head for quantum communication, I'm sure they can do the same in my fucking omni tool. All the these pointless time sicks to end one plot string with 3 sentences but 5 minute of non-gameplay to get there, it's infuriating, especially after Kadara when the game drowns you in a huge batch of side objectives all over the fucking cluster.

Btw, how does that save trick work? The one with changing active missions, because that has never worked for me..

The loading times are very inconsistent. Most of the time, it takes me just around 40 seconds between launching the game and having my save loaded. But sometimes, for some reason, it takes 3-5 minutes. I have a fast SSD, and I don't think I've had this problem anywhere else. Perhaps there are mini-patches coming out sometimes, and they are being downloaded at the expense of performance or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Btw, how does that save trick work? The one with changing active missions, because that has never worked for me..
    I think they patched it recently. It doesn't work any more for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.